Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-01-2020, 02:24 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,991
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
God isn't a character, person or entity. Gender or gender neutrality does not apply.




There is no evidence. If the notion doesn't appeal to your reason then it's simply not for you and you will need to look for understanding elsewhere.





I am beginning to understand your situation a little better and on a personal level I'm very sorry where life left you. I will not offend you by claiming that was your pre-birth plan. Elsewhere I have two members who both tell a similar story.
I've been with them for several years and I hope it gives you some hope for yourself when I tell you they have weathered similar storms that were their lives for many years. I sincerely hope you'll do the same. For them study, discussion or debate about spiritual/afterlife issues is much less important than just finding a way to cope with their problems and I've encouraged them along that path while they kept just a little in touch with the issues that first brought us together.

Now I know a little more about you I will draw back because otherwise it might seem I'm lecturing you or trying to tell you how to think and I'm not doing either.

I apologise if anything I've said came over that way or has upset you.

You haven't really upset me. It's only somewhat annoying when someone assumes I've planned every little detail in my own life before birth because I got that a lot here, but at least you don't push it into others so I appreciate that.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-01-2020, 02:46 PM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 465
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You haven't really upset me. It's only somewhat annoying when someone assumes I've planned every little detail in my own life before birth because I got that a lot here, but at least you don't push it into others so I appreciate that.

I'm glad we're good.

My personal take is that we DO plan for incarnate life and some of its experiences. But not all and I'm not persuaded that what we plan necessarily works out as planned anyway. The actions and omissions of others can - and do - impact what we had planned.

Over many years of study, contemplation and consideration of others' approaches I've worked my way slowly - often reluctantly and dragging my heels - into a grudging acceptance of what I now feel is broadly the situation. But I totally get that others will not see things my way - that's how it's been since I began this stuff 35 years ago so I'm kinda gettin' used to it!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-01-2020, 03:06 PM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 465
 
Incidentally, SlayerOfLight, my wife's start in life was similar to your own, her parents adopting her for exactly similar reasons you say your parents had you. So first she was rejected and dumped by her biological parents and then abused and rejected by her adoptive ones.

For the first several years of our married life we struggled together to initially get her past the huge emotional abuse she'd experienced the whole of her previous life. Then we continued to struggle to get her through the consequent damage she was still suffering many years after we had married. Thankfully those times are in our past but the emotional scars are still evident.

Some parents have a lot to answer for, a lot to atone for, in the next phase of their spiritual journeys.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-01-2020, 10:31 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,991
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Incidentally, SlayerOfLight, my wife's start in life was similar to your own, her parents adopting her for exactly similar reasons you say your parents had you. So first she was rejected and dumped by her biological parents and then abused and rejected by her adoptive ones.

For the first several years of our married life we struggled together to initially get her past the huge emotional abuse she'd experienced the whole of her previous life. Then we continued to struggle to get her through the consequent damage she was still suffering many years after we had married. Thankfully those times are in our past but the emotional scars are still evident.

Some parents have a lot to answer for, a lot to atone for, in the next phase of their spiritual journeys.

I think there's a little misunderstanding, as I didn't want to badmouth my parents in any way. But realistically, they are to blame for me being stuck in this prison-like rotten world. They didn't take into account everything that could go wrong when deciding to have a spawn of their own... I'm still pretty sure that I'm not alive because I chose to, but because of the selfish desire of two people.

On top of that, good to hear your wife is doing fine with you now. She's lucky to have run into you.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-01-2020, 03:48 AM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 465
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think there's a little misunderstanding, as I didn't want to badmouth my parents in any way.

I was going on what you wrote and it sounded like you were angry at your parents' motives for having a baby, a baby who eventually became you.


Quote:
But realistically, they are to blame for me being stuck in this prison-like rotten world.

This is going to sting and you'll likely be angry at what I say but please remember I'm telling you only what I have told others. I'm not out to hurt you but this will be direct and honest. I know you'll likely reject what I say but I'll be failing us both if I don't say it.

Your parents are responsible for the way they brought you up and cared for you - or failed to care about you. They are not responsible for providing the opportunity you used to incarnate. They are not responsible for your being in this world but they may be responsible if they've failed to care for you the way they should have. You know the full story but I don't.

Quote:
They didn't take into account everything that could go wrong when deciding to have a spawn of their own...

I won't say you're wrong in believing as you do because you could be right - I just don't know. What I will say is that folk have kids for all manner of reasons or for none at all - they just happen along as a direct consequence of the hard-wired sex drive humans feel. Some parents plan carefully and bring their kids up as well as they can. Some don't...... My guess is that many parents don't consider (quote) "....everything that could go wrong when deciding to have spawn of their own." I'm not defending your parents just saying your accusation could apply to many other parents, perhaps most.


Quote:
I'm still pretty sure that I'm not alive because I chose to, but because of the selfish desire of two people.

I'm totally confident you did choose..... On 'my other website' we've discussed and debated this issue of choice. It also involved the guidance of a discarnate teacher. You are alive because you chose to incarnate into this particular world. I don't know what else you chose for your life experiences but nobody is forced to come here. I'm sorry if that hurts but I can't change it and I won't lie to make it easier.

Quote:
On top of that, good to hear your wife is doing fine with you now. She's lucky to have run into you.

Thank you but based on what I'm telling you it may not have been just "good luck". I won't make things fit and I have been reluctant and resistant to accepting about myself the same principle I've explained to you. But many years on I've accepted that no matter how far-fetched it seems, it doesn't make it untrue.

I'll discuss it with you if you wish, either here or elsewhere. If it offends your reason please reject what I've said.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-2020, 11:20 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,991
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
I was going on what you wrote and it sounded like you were angry at your parents' motives for having a baby, a baby who eventually became you.




This is going to sting and you'll likely be angry at what I say but please remember I'm telling you only what I have told others. I'm not out to hurt you but this will be direct and honest. I know you'll likely reject what I say but I'll be failing us both if I don't say it.

Your parents are responsible for the way they brought you up and cared for you - or failed to care about you. They are not responsible for providing the opportunity you used to incarnate. They are not responsible for your being in this world but they may be responsible if they've failed to care for you the way they should have. You know the full story but I don't.



I won't say you're wrong in believing as you do because you could be right - I just don't know. What I will say is that folk have kids for all manner of reasons or for none at all - they just happen along as a direct consequence of the hard-wired sex drive humans feel. Some parents plan carefully and bring their kids up as well as they can. Some don't...... My guess is that many parents don't consider (quote) "....everything that could go wrong when deciding to have spawn of their own." I'm not defending your parents just saying your accusation could apply to many other parents, perhaps most.




I'm totally confident you did choose..... On 'my other website' we've discussed and debated this issue of choice. It also involved the guidance of a discarnate teacher. You are alive because you chose to incarnate into this particular world. I don't know what else you chose for your life experiences but nobody is forced to come here. I'm sorry if that hurts but I can't change it and I won't lie to make it easier.



Thank you but based on what I'm telling you it may not have been just "good luck". I won't make things fit and I have been reluctant and resistant to accepting about myself the same principle I've explained to you. But many years on I've accepted that no matter how far-fetched it seems, it doesn't make it untrue.

I'll discuss it with you if you wish, either here or elsewhere. If it offends your reason please reject what I've said.

My parents haven't really failed me, especially my mother who made sure I'd have enough money to at least take care of myself. They aren't bad people in the long run. I'm just saying that deciding to have a spawn under any circumstances is purely a selfish motive. There is stuff going on that's beyond their control, which itself is also a risk when having kids. There are fates more miserable than death. You don't necessarily have to be dead to experience hell, as it is a state of being.

Believe what you want. I, on the other hand, am quite confident that I did not choose any of this nonsense. Rather, I'm more inclined to believe I was forced or blackmailed into this life. Hypothetically speaking, if what you say is true, then I can't wait to meet this so-called discarnate teacher again. In fact, I've already rehearsed everything I want to say and do to them, and I can quite assure you it won't be a pretty sight.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:16 PM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 465
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
My parents haven't really failed me, especially my mother who made sure I'd have enough money to at least take care of myself. They aren't bad people in the long run. I'm just saying that deciding to have a spawn under any circumstances is purely a selfish motive. There is stuff going on that's beyond their control, which itself is also a risk when having kids. There are fates more miserable than death. You don't necessarily have to be dead to experience hell, as it is a state of being.

Believe what you want. I, on the other hand, am quite confident that I did not choose any of this nonsense. Rather, I'm more inclined to believe I was forced or blackmailed into this life. Hypothetically speaking, if what you say is true, then I can't wait to meet this so-called discarnate teacher again. In fact, I've already rehearsed everything I want to say and do to them, and I can quite assure you it won't be a pretty sight.

I've tried to address your issues point-by-point but your are very angry so I'll leave things at that before we fall out with each another. good luck
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:59 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,991
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Not angry at all, we just disagree. But I guess this is where we part ways then.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-01-2020, 01:49 PM
leadville leadville is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 465
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Not angry at all, we just disagree. But I guess this is where we part ways then.

I didn't mean you are angry at me but perhaps angry at what I've said.

You appear angry at and frustrated by your parents, their behavior, their perceived attitude, their failure towards you; it's there in what you write and the way you write. I get all that but if you say you're not angry what adjective would you use to describe how you feel?

You are annoyed - can we agree that word? - that I said you weren't forced into your latest incarnation. I don't say such controversial things without being able to support and defend them but you are - of course - totally free to reject them. At that point it signals to me you don't want to go further with the conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-01-2020, 11:28 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,991
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
I didn't mean you are angry at me but perhaps angry at what I've said.

You appear angry at and frustrated by your parents, their behavior, their perceived attitude, their failure towards you; it's there in what you write and the way you write. I get all that but if you say you're not angry what adjective would you use to describe how you feel?

You are annoyed - can we agree that word? - that I said you weren't forced into your latest incarnation. I don't say such controversial things without being able to support and defend them but you are - of course - totally free to reject them. At that point it signals to me you don't want to go further with the conversation.

Well realistically, at this point it'll just become a yes/no argument. You say that we chose our life before birth, I say that's one of the biggest bullsh#t out there I've ever heard. So, sorry about that. Let's just agree to disagree.
__________________
People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it. - dr. Gregory House
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums