Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 11-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
A common guru is all around you. Teaches you by books, by a system of practices.
I know, right? It's like God or guru is all around dropping books
at the right time onto your Path.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2018, 03:35 AM
Master
Quote:
A common guru is all around you. Teaches you by books, by a system of practices.

Rare is the guru who by his being alone that can help you remove your issues and fears.

Surely it laid out the huge difference?

Perhaps I misunderstood you when you said

Quote:
What Seraphim did was a pretty common experience of a transmission :)

But I don't see that the transfigurations of Jesus or Seraphim were aimed at removing issues and fears either, they more seem to act as a sort of proof for the people that see them that God's Spirit is upon the transfigured person so to speak. This is why I am interested in the signs that accompany a transfiguration, for the signs, especially visible light upon a person, indicate to me that the person might have a direct line to God. Is your guru such a rare guru as this? What is your proof that your guru has a direct line to God?
Old 12-11-2018, 03:56 AM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by django

Maha-parinibbana Sutta.

47. And soon after Pukkusa of the Malla clan had departed, the Venerable Ananda arranged the set of golden-hued robes, burnished and ready for wear, about the body of the Blessed One. But when the set of robes was arranged upon the body of the Blessed One, it became as though faded, and its splendor dimmed.

48. And the Venerable Ananda said to the Blessed One: "Marvellous it is, O Lord, most wonderful indeed it is, how clear and radiant the skin of the Tathagata appears! This set of golden-hued robes, burnished and ready for wear, Lord, now that it is arranged upon the body of the Blessed One seems to have become faded, its splendor dimmed."

49. "It is so, Ananda. There are two occasions, Ananda, when the skin of the Tathagata appears exceedingly clear and radiant. Which are these two? The night, Ananda, when the Tathagata becomes fully enlightened in unsurpassed, supreme Enlightenment, and the night when the Tathagata comes to his final passing away into the state of Nibbana in which no element of clinging remains. These, Ananda, are the two occasions on which the skin of the Tathagata appears exceedingly clear and radiant.

I have to admit this sounds a lot like the Christian transfiguration, but I would like to point out that this is rare in the Buddha's own life as well, once on his enlightenment and once on the night of his death.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
suspect the transfiguration story might be just a folktale.

" I suspect the transfiguration story might be just a folktale. "

It could be.and the transfiguration of Christ is taken from the same " Folktale " as a lot of biblical stories are similar to pre-christian ones.

It isn't really that important to me, once you have personal experiences yourself the experiences of others are just theirs and everyone explains them in their own words.

Ramalinga Swamigal is a Tamil Hindu Saint who is also reported in Scriptures to have Transfigured, who knows.

Buddha is also reported to have Transfigured during his Enlightenment, Tibetan Buddhists Schools refer to Rainbow Bodies, Tantric Buddhism is full of Transfiguration / Miracles etc: It's up to each individual to believe or not if they really happened or if they are ' Fairytales '

I think if Teachings of any sort enhance your life and the life of others then use them and leave the rest behind for others to use.

It might be interesting to do a bit of reading about Ramalinga Swamigal, thanks for the lead.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:34 AM
Master
[quote=django]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I have to admit this sounds a lot like the Christian transfiguration, but I would like to point out that this is rare in the Buddha's own life as well, once on his enlightenment and once on the night of his death.

Yes only two accounts I have come across in Buddha's life, one in the life of Jesus and many more in other Religions, is doesn't matter to me, I'm not counting
Old 12-11-2018, 05:47 AM
Master
[quote=django]

" But I don't see that the transfigurations of Jesus or Seraphim were aimed at removing issues and fears either, they more seem to act as a sort of proof for the people that see them that God's Spirit is upon the transfigured person so to speak."

Are you getting mixed up with Transmission and Transfiguration?
From my understanding St Seraphims story seems to be both but Transmissions don't always involve Transfiguration.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Master
https://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/201...ion-in_17.html

This article might interest you django...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I know, right? It's like God or guru is all around dropping books
at the right time onto your Path.

As we can see with books, not all understanding the true meaning of them which is why it is best to have a guru to help along the path.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Perhaps I misunderstood you when you said

But I don't see that the transfigurations of Jesus or Seraphim were aimed at removing issues and fears either, they more seem to act as a sort of proof for the people that see them that God's Spirit is upon the transfigured person so to speak. This is why I am interested in the signs that accompany a transfiguration, for the signs, especially visible light upon a person, indicate to me that the person might have a direct line to God. Is your guru such a rare guru as this? What is your proof that your guru has a direct line to God?

Transmissions as I talk about them are rare and is not the same thing as shaktipat.

I know a few people that can help you directly feel Jesus, and later get you to the point where you don't need help to do so.

Either way django, thank you for the conversation.

Take care.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Transmissions as I talk about them are rare and is not the same thing as shaktipat.

I know a few people that can help you directly feel Jesus, and later get you to the point where you don't need help to do so.

Either way django, thank you for the conversation.

Take care.

Thank you for the conversation too Jonesboy.

And thanks for your offer, but Jesus is already at work within me, I asked Him for light and he obliged, and now he leads me in the way he sees fit.