Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 31-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
Not exactly my cup of tea, but each to their own. I can't say it's something I would buy, but art is such a subjective thing isn't it?
I'd agree, except it's clearly someone preying upon the gullible. C'mon, $5,000? LOL. But then again, if someone is idiotic enough to blow that kind of money on a 'spell' they probably were a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket.
Old 31-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Guide
Doesn't matter what I think, it's what the priestess who posted it and is trying to promote her business thinks...

As I said each to their own.
Old 28-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Uh no. Sorry. But that's completely inaccurate. Lilith appears in the Talmud as an explanation for the death of women and infants during labor and childbirth. It's explicitly stated that she's not nice - in any way. And before she appeared in the Talmud she was the demon of the underworld in Sumerian religion called Lilitu, and she was never depicted as being good (the Talmud made her look at little better in the respect of being the first wife of Adam), but originally, and ultimately in Judaism, she is a creature that kills children.

i had read the same thing about Lilith in many places, she is said to be a demoness who harm small children and those bearing children, i read about it a while ago so i dint remember everything but what is quoted above seems accurate to what i have read... ive never read anywhere that Lilith was in any way shape or form good.
Old 29-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Master
And.......I seen an episode of 'Supernatural' that said Lilith liked tender juicy little babies.......yummy.......so she must be evil if Dean and Sam say so.......hahaha.....
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Experiencer
The only possible mention of Lilith in the Tanakh is in Isaiah where the word "lilit" appears for the first and only time in Jewish scripture. Because of that it is impossible to say with any certainty whether the word refers to Lilith or something else. The truth is, that while Lilith as a demon, or perhaps a class of demon, can be traced back at least to the Talmud Bavli, the notion that Lilith was the first wife of Adam goes back only to the Aleph Bet of Ben Sira, which scholars date to somewhere around 900 CE. Everything else written about Lilith being the original spouse of Adam comes after that one work.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 10-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Art-silenT
Dude, I think the bible is just making up stories that are not true... Lilith is just another term for Eve..
And what sort of evidence do you base such an idea on?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Bluegreen

This is what I found about Lilith (not another name for Eve):

Quote:
...we reach the purely human period. Those who were hitherto semi-divine Beings, self-imprisoned in bodies which were human only in appearance, became physiologically changed and took unto themselves wives who were entirely human and fair to look at, but in whom lower, more material, though sidereal, beings had incarnated. These beings in female forms (Lilith is the prototype of these in the Jewish traditions) are called in the esoteric accounts “Khado” (Dakini, in Sanskrit). Allegorical legends call the chief of these Liliths, Sangye Khado, (Buddha Dakini, in Sanskrit); all are credited with the art of “walking in the air,” and the greatest kindness to mortals; but no mind — only animal instinct.*

* These are the beings whose legendary existence has served as a ground-work upon which to build the rabbinical Lilith, and what the believers in the Bible would term the antediluvian women, and the Kabalists the pre-Adamite races. They are no fiction — this is certain, however fantastic the exuberance of later growth.
Old 13-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Ascender

Where did you find that?
Old 13-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Bluegreen

You will find it on the internet in The Secret Doctrine by H.P. Blavatsky.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Curiosity672

Wow. I've had that name stuck in my head numerous times and I've never heard anyone else reference it before now. That's most unusual.