Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How sad that some have to weigh two beautiful enlightened beings against each other. I use to pick the best sweets when I was a child, I weighed mine up againsts my playmates but as I matured spiritually and physically I realised that not all sweets tasted the same to everyone.
Now I prefer to take the good from ALL Spiritual Teachers, ( You will know them by their fruits ) .
Different times and different cultures percieve God in their own way and bring a beautiful mix of ideas into ' Oneness ' their own individuality.
Would Jesus respect and understand or would he get his scales out?

Best friends http://www.revuedlf.com/wp-content/u...f-muhammad.jpg
Old 18-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu

Love it
Old 18-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
exactly!... i would say Jesus was/is better, because he was the Son of the true God. Jesus was sent ,(John 3:16) by his Father ,Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). to die for imperfect humans, so that we may live. did buddha die for humans? was he sent by God? if so, then why is it that the whole world isn't taught to follow him? and why is it that throughout the world , as a large group, (not just a few here and there), follows Jesus? peace

Buddha encouraged his followers to find truth within themselves. He encouraged them to seek out truth. If it didn't resonate with them, they should discard it. Even if Buddha said it himself... Christianity on the other hand. Forced their teachings on to people through physical force. Through torture, through death. Whatever it took. Christians forced conversion. Even today in places around the globe they force people to convert by offering them "aid" if they do so. Forcing them to only marry the sex they deem as acceptable. They destroyed, pillaged, and raided sacred temples of other religions. There in lies the difference.
Old 19-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Buddha encouraged his followers to find truth within themselves. He encouraged them to seek out truth. If it didn't resonate with them, they should discard it. Even if Buddha said it himself... Christianity on the other hand. Forced their teachings on to people through physical force. Through torture, through death. Whatever it took. Christians forced conversion. Even today in places around the globe they force people to convert by offering them "aid" if they do so. Forcing them to only marry the sex they deem as acceptable. They destroyed, pillaged, and raided sacred temples of other religions. There in lies the difference.

whatever a Christians do, by means of Jehovah God's and Jesus true teaching, they must do. as Jesus had said, doing the "WILL" of his Father, (Jehovah God the ALMIGHTY), (Matt.7:21). the ONLY man one should follow was Jesus, just because who he was. there's nothing wrong with giving advice if one is trying to help another. but because we ALL are imperfect, sometimes our advice can hurt someone more than help. NO HUMAN, should follow another, because both were born through sin. was Buddha born a perfect human, free of sin?

you said..."Buddha encouraged his followers to find truth within themselves. He encouraged them to seek out truth. If it didn't resonate with them, they should discard it". again though, what we may see as NOT the truth just because it didn't "resonate" or better yet not feeling it. could be the truth! spiritually , could mean our lives. the difference besides the teachings of Jesus vs Buddha again, one was an imperfect sinner. while the other was a Righteous Spirit being who died as a human for me and YOU! did Buddha die for humans so that they may live? you never answer that question i asked. peace
Old 19-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight

That is totally exaggerating. Almost all Christians live in peace. The difference is that Christianity became a political power through the Church in the past. Because it was so powerful it acted as a political force. Which is fraught with problems that is still prevalent in politics today.
There is not much argument in stating Buddhists are peaceful and Christians are aggressive.
What is the religion of Japan and China? Both those countries have been involved in many wars.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That is totally exaggerating. Almost all Christians live in peace. The difference is that Christianity became a political power through the Church in the past. Because it was so powerful it acted as a political force. Which is fraught with problems that is still prevalent in politics today.
There is not much argument in stating Buddhists are peaceful and Christians are aggressive.
What is the religion of Japan and China? Both those countries have been involved in many wars.

Sadly... As much as I would love that to be... It's not "totally exaggerating."

When you have things such as this, " i would say Jesus was/is better" "whatever a Christians do, by means of Jehovah God's and Jesus true teaching, they must do." Where exactly do you think that will end for people? When you think you're religion is superior and better ,and that you can basically do anything you want if it's "for God" things will always go in ways they should not. We have witnessed it over the years. And still witness it today. To say it doesn't exist, and never have, would be akin to living in denial.

How many stories of Buddhists going into holy temples and raising them, forcing them to convert to Buddhism, and erecting temples to Buddha are? How many tales of Hindus are there where they did the same? I'd say you'd have a small handful, if any. Yet how many stories of conversions that Christians forced on people. Or Pagan temples did they destroy over the centuries.

How many Kim Davis' are there in the world who denied things to customers because they don't adhere to their lifestyle and the only way they could receive the goods they wanted is to either find someone who does provide it for them, or force themselves to convert.

I never said China or Japan, or the like did not go to war. What I said was followers of their beliefs were not out there forcing conversions. Which is how Christianity became such a political power as you said. Through force and might. Not because of Jesus being better than anyone else. Force and power was exactly against Jesus's teachings of love and peace.