Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

I do not believe that “truth” is something which we should agree upon; rather truth is something, in my opinion, which we should experience for ourselves;

Not quite what I would tell someone... truth is not something we should agree upon but if you don't know truth even though you know it is something, how do you do that. Truth comes from listening. You listen by asking. They tell you their truth. You need to ask what they see, you need to respect it. You cannot experience an experience not yours, so ask not to understand but see another truth. If you cannot experience then what is something I saw missing in the thought.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am protected by my inner light;

Very powerful stuff, know thyself.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Excellent op, Starman!!

" ...it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form." That's funny...you're being so gentle and diplomatic.
If Jesus had been that way he might not have bounded out on the water!! Lol... He knew exactly what it was...
a dream, made of Dream Stuff, held together by thought..there is no matter.
Oops, I'm not being very diplomatic...hahahahahaha.

That was still fairly diplomatic Miss H :)

Starman, I'm really enjoying your wisdom and expression in this thread.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Not quite what I would tell someone... truth is not something we should agree upon but if you don't know truth even though you know it is something, how do you do that. Truth comes from listening. You listen by asking. They tell you their truth. You need to ask what they see, you need to respect it. You cannot experience an experience not yours, so ask not to understand but see another truth. If you cannot experience then what is something I saw missing in the thought.
All any one can do is point to their very own experience; asking questions and having discussions are fine with me, but “debate,” or polarizing positions, implies “right” and “wrong” when in fact we all have our own truths, in an incredibly wide-open existence where there are countless perceptions. But there is something within us which knows the truth far beyond any thoughts we may have; and that something, in my opinion, guides us.

When talking about that which is beyond words and thoughts one most often finds themselves speaking in parables and metaphors, etc., because words don‘t go there. Debate, or whether we agree or not, is in the realm of duality while we are trying to “share“ insights into that which is beyond duality.

The more we elaborate on something the farther away from that something we will get; we get to a point where we don‘t have that something anymore, all we have is our mental construct, our elaboration of that something. The simplicity beyond the physical is such that a new born baby can grasp it, but we adults seem to enjoy building paradigms. Although everything does have its place in time.

No one will know our journey like we do; nonetheless, we humans do have more in common than we do that is different. If all of us were suppose to see things the same way there probably would be very little diversity in this creation. I agree and disagree with a lot of things but the relationship which I have developed with my deeper being does not fall in that realm.

In this world “truth” is determined by how many people agree on something; the more people agree the more validity a thing may be given, but beyond this world “truth” is based on “experience.” In spiritual matters what we agree upon usually ends up becoming a religion. In the physical world wealth is determined by what you can hold on to while in spiritual realms wealth is determined by how much you can let go of. There are different rules, currents that flow into each other, in different realms; the rules for the head are different from the rules for the heart, etc., or at least that is my belief.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Master
If one is aware of the universe, then one is entertaining the mind . Can the mindful universe allow what you are to be aware of oneself beyond the mental / intellectual fields? .... sure ....

It doesn't matter where you stand in the grand scheme of things ..

x daz x
Old 08-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Master

Starman, I would like to thank you for going beyond what you like doing and rest assured have more thoughts, it is really a very interesting subject dear to me as it is to you I see. Of course I was trying to say something. If you would ever like to discuss know you can and am open to any discussion. I would love to know what it is that is being compared to. But do, in the end totally agree with what you did say even though it may be thought I was opposing it. I have to say that. Enjoyed the conversation.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Starman, I would like to thank you for going beyond what you like doing and rest assured have more thoughts, it is really a very interesting subject dear to me as it is to you I see. Of course I was trying to say something. If you would ever like to discuss know you can and am open to any discussion. I would love to know what it is that is being compared to. But do, in the end totally agree with what you did say even though it may be thought I was opposing it. I have to say that. Enjoyed the conversation.

I would love having an open discussion with you on any topic; please feel free to share your thoughts. Despite what was said earlier, your diplomacy (and sensitivity) is to be commended.

On another note I am having trouble posting on this website; get messages saying “the server is busy” and the past few days I could not even connect with this website but could connect with other sites on the web. Although I do understand how heavy traffic can slow down a server.

I like this website and hope it sticks around; I have seen lots of spiritually oriented websites close down over the years, i.e. Deepak Chopra’s “How To Know God” website closed down, DailyOm completely changed, EONS spiritual website closed down, etc., etc., etc. This website has no ads on it and I can imagine it takes a lot, money, people, etc., to keep it the way that it pleasantly is.

Peace
Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Master
Consciousness, by itself, is motiveless. Life is motivated. I 'see' LIFE (including everything in the 'living' world) as being psychospiritual - i.e. Mind-n-Spirit operating together.

Here is an excerpt from some writing I recently completed which plays with what e-merges in the context of such 'view' of LIFE:

It has more recently struck me that developments in the field of modern computer systems may provide us with an even more illustrative model for the universally creative, feedback-loop based interfusion of the Essence of Creativity and the Life of every individual and amalgamated aspect of Its expression. To explore this proposition, imagine if you will that the main aim or goal of said Essence’s ‘program’ – the primary motive (i.e. ‘desire’) ensconced in its ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that.*

Quote:
Sidenote*: Not that this is the only available supposition, mind you. Many, for example, think and feel that the expression and experience of Power and Success is Life’s prime imperative and so believe that maximal actualization and experience of these must be the Cat’s Meow (idiomatically speaking). However, since I myself most keenly enjoy recalling and vicariously reliving the loving and joyful times I had as a child, and as I continue to spontaneously resonate with the ‘Spirit’ exuberantly displayed in the antics of the (unadulterated by conditioning) young of many species including ours, also having deeply appreciated ‘returning’ to expressing and experiencing Love and Joy after sometimes lengthy dry-spell detours and digressions therefrom, and having gradually become more and more thoughtfully impressed by what’s conveyed by such of Jesus’ sayings as: “Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3); “Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure [i.e. keep on being loving] unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:12-13); and “Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” (Matthew 25:34), the proposition pertaining to the expression and experience of Love and Joy which I put forward in the preceding paragraph is the one I believe to be and so suggest is both the most pertinent and the most propitious in the long term.

Next, to picture the activity of the Living Entity of our Creation (i.e. of ‘the Son’), imagine a universe-sized network made up of an infinite array of banks upon banks of computers matrixially web-strung together by way of both parallel and series connections, all simultaneously, individually and together, multi-processing the above referenced Love and Joy ‘program’, with each processor and every amalgamation thereof functionally outputting the ‘solution’ it ‘calculates’ will most probably yield the greatest possible Love and Joy ‘result’ in its case (as far as it can prognostically project, that is), which ‘solution’ then operationally functions as input in relation of any and all associated processors to whatever extent they ‘calculate’ it to be relevant to their own Love and Joy process, such that said output-n-input data-packet sequences co-actively ripple and reverberate around the network, sparking Love and Joy focused perceptions and decisions (i.e. experiences and expressions) which conjointly determine what takes place here, there and everywhere in ‘the body’ of said Entity* over the course of time.

Quote:
Sidenote*: “In him we live, and move, and have our being” (Acts 17:28) is how this was articulated by one who conceptualized said Entity as being the (male) ‘Son’ of the Spirit of the universal (male) ‘Father’ of Being, two millennia ago.

As it ties many otherwise disparate, often apparently functionally contradictory aspects of Life’s process together in ways which make sense to me, I proffer this Love and Joy ‘program’ being universally, round-after-round multiprocessed on a network of ‘computers’ model as potentially being of significant navigational assistance to others who also aim to holistically optimize the progression of Life in and around themselves, as I do.

There's more to the picture, of course. Big Picture scenario available in a free pdf download from the aArticles page on my website, in the Article entitled "What Jesus Really Meant" (meaning what I think he meant by the way he lived and what he said.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Lorelyen

Recalling a conv over the dinner table a couple years ago. Some sceptic said "Magic? It's all in the mind!" and someone replied (not me) "But isn't everything?" (in the mind).
Old 11-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Thank you very much, Starman