Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Pathfinder

Ohhh that reminds me of Reemi, a sleeping mask I looked into. It has little red led-lamps in the eyepads, which you have to program with a certain pattern on their website. Depending on your sleep pattern it can help induce lucid dreaming. That's the kind of technology I love to track online.
The results of Reemi weren't all that great though, for some people it worked, for some (most) it didn't But who knows what will release in the future versions of the mask.

Haha i'm afraid you lost me there from Hypercube on.. :p I do know what the golden ratio is, my mom explained it to me a couple of times (she's a painter) but yeah, i'm really really bad at maths but I understand the idea behind it.

It's funny you mention Tantric teachings, I just saw a documentary on youtube yesterday about sex in the mainstream religions and how these religions messed up the use of sex and what it's really all about. The holy trinity and all.
Did you learn black , grey or white tantra?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Master
We basically saw the first signs of transformation of Western psychology in the last couple of decades when the mindfulness movement really got going, but of course, such things aren't included in the classical psychoanalytical discourses of Freud, Lacan or Jung because they predate the 'new wave' of mindfulness based therapy. Now, Buddhist principles of mindfulness permeate - firstly psychology of course, but the psychiatric school is a powerful basis of knowledge, so from that base it has permeated other major public institutions and corporations. Because psychology typically falls under 'health' in our instutional system, it is strongly attached through the medical profession to the sciences. Now we have a scientific basis for buddhist mindfulness, and because knowledge is power, and science is is the institutional powerhouse of knowledge production, spirituality is becoming incorporated as an 'established fact' of humanity and of society.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Pathfinder

@Gem
Ofcourse, forgot all about mindfulness therapy to be honest. But yes, it has proven itself in emperical data. The world embraces it now as a legit practice, which I support. I think there may be a lot of other practices as well that are still classified as 'alternative' but will be out in the open at a later time.
Spirituality is always way ahead of science because none of it has to be proven to be accepted, but it does for mainstream society.
I still see mindfulness as a spiritual practice though, since it was founded long ago by the buddhists.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Saturn
Ohhh that reminds me of Reemi, a sleeping mask I looked into. It has little red led-lamps in the eyepads, which you have to program with a certain pattern on their website. Depending on your sleep pattern it can help induce lucid dreaming. That's the kind of technology I love to track online.
The results of Reemi weren't all that great though, for some people it worked, for some (most) it didn't But who knows what will release in the future versions of the mask.

Haha i'm afraid you lost me there from Hypercube on.. :p I do know what the golden ratio is, my mom explained it to me a couple of times (she's a painter) but yeah, i'm really really bad at maths but I understand the idea behind it.

It's funny you mention Tantric teachings, I just saw a documentary on youtube yesterday about sex in the mainstream religions and how these religions messed up the use of sex and what it's really all about. The holy trinity and all.
Did you learn black , grey or white tantra?
I can only answer a few of your questions at a time.

I don't know how old you are, but have you ever heard of the Fibonacci Sequence? it is everywhere and in everything like DNA is within each of our living cells. The ultimate expression of it, the god that cannot be named is 'phi'. The Golden Ratio.

It is this which aligns our position within the precession of the equinox back to galactic base central, being on average 23,000-24,000 years or light years in the language of universal time.

This is the expression of the Golden Ratio = 1.6180339887 - call it 'God's phone number'. lol

I'll give you a visual for the 'math impaired' (I'm a bit that way, myself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0tLbl5LrJ8

In the end, there's no black, white nor grey and that's the whole beauty of Tantra...but, I went the way of yoga and the scriptures...so I guess that would make me 'white'...I guess...
Old 10-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Master
About Mindfulness, I learned that one through the Kriya Yoga of Trataka or fixed gazing awareness, but we also need to be mindful of our thoughts and actions as well. It's all to do with the energy fluctuations in manas which arise from chitta...and all that. lol
Old 10-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Pathfinder

Ah yes I know about Fibonacci! I saw a very informative video once in how these concepts and Pi appear in nature itself. I can't reproduce anything that was said in that video though, i'm way too clunky with anything math related.

It's allright, I can get a bit enthusiastic in my writings sometimes which can translate to chaotic replies to others haha.

The video I saw about sex and religion explained they viewed black as where people would have many orgasms, grey just some orgasms and white no orgasms. Since the video stated your life force (kundalini energy) dissapears when 'seed is spilled' and has to be regenerated all over again.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Ah yes I know about Fibonacci! I saw a very informative video once in how these concepts and Pi appear in nature itself. I can't reproduce anything that was said in that video though, i'm way too clunky with anything math related.

It's allright, I can get a bit enthusiastic in my writings sometimes which can translate to chaotic replies to others haha.

The video I saw about sex and religion explained they viewed black as where people would have many orgasms, grey just some orgasms and white no orgasms. Since the video stated your life force (kundalini energy) dissapears when 'seed is spilled' and has to be regenerated all over again.
You should really follow necro around the forums! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
In the Tantric belief system, the sexual energy is known as 'veerya'.

Veerya is what sustains our bodies and nourishes it from within. With practice, yogis can transform this veerya into soma (divine nectar) that is stored in the Bindu Chakra which is half-way between Ajna and Sahasrara.

Soma cools the passage of kundalini and slows it down before it reaches the crown (this is why Lord Siva has the crescent moon on his head).

Some say that when seminal fluid is wasted, the body gets weak and loses all this energy and therefore, spiritual progress is delayed or even halted.

Some yogis can milk the bindu of soma at will.

This is why some make the choice to either disperse or use these energies.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Pathfinder

Sounds very much like the principles used in that video! I will read up on some of your posts about tantra, it interests me. Instinctively I know at least some of it is true for me, you can feel some of what is said in your own body to fact check ofcourse.
After all is said and done, it does make a lot of sense to me the act of sex is a powerful form of creation whether a baby is born out of it or not.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Sounds very much like the principles used in that video! I will read up on some of your posts about tantra, it interests me. Instinctively I know at least some of it is true for me, you can feel some of what is said in your own body to fact check ofcourse.
After all is said and done, it does make a lot of sense to me the act of sex is a powerful form of creation whether a baby is born out of it or not.
As long as you can separate lust, desire and gratification from the act - okay by me, but in your context of things...somewhere between grey and white but closer to white - *brings out bleach.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Pathfinder

^ I can't. That's my burden to overcome as a Mars Scorpio. I could use some of that bleach!

How far we've strayed from my original post! Kind of typical we started out with psychology and eventually finished with sexual spirituality. Freud would be so proud!