Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Newbie ;)

What is Kabbalah

Hi there,

can anyone please explain the general beliefs of Kabbalah and what it is all about and what the differences are between it and Judaism?
Old 18-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinapple
can anyone please explain the general beliefs of Kabbalah and what it is all about and what the differences are between it and Judaism?

Simply put, Kabbalah is the encompassing term for the mystical tradition within Judaism. It is not a tradition separate from Judaism.

If you want to have a better understanding of Kabbalah I can point you to some decent introductory sources.

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 22-01-2016, 04:16 AM
Master
Hello Peter,

Could you recommend me some books on the subject?

Thanks!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hello Peter,

Thanks!

What, if anything, have you already read?

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 18-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Master
I have not really read anything yet. Some good introduction books would be helpful.

Old 19-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Ascender

Personally, I just recommend looking at the general concepts and familiarizing yourself with the language and patterns behind it. This is as simple as wikipedia, it does not matter if the interpretations are wrong or misleading, as in general every explanation is corrupted in some forms and it will be sometime before such words and ideas can be illuminated.

http://spirit-alembic.com/kaballah.html

Quote:
The Great Principles Of Kaballah
1: It MUST be PERSONALLY Received!

While this may seem trivial, it is in fact CRUCIAL; for the temptation to write books 'explaining' and 'defining' and (then, later!,) ORDERING the study of Kaballah, is too great for humanity to resist. The only protection for the human mind in all this Commandment-prone world is THE RIGHT TO SPIRITUAL FREEDOM. It is the claim of Kaballah that this Right was 'written' into the very structure of Kaballah by Reality's 'author' (whoever YOU should decide that was!) Thus, books 'about' Kaballah are perfectly fine and possibly useful.. so long as every such book and teacher emphatically states that it describes THEIR OWN Kaballah or Personally-Received Teaching, from which you may draw examples of Technique only.. for your OWN Kaballah can ONLY be Received directly from WITHIN YOURSELF.
Old 15-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Master
Recommending "Kabbalah, the Way of the Jewish Mystic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hello Peter,

Thanks!

I would highly recommend "Kabbalah, the Way of the Jewish Mystic", by Perle Epstein, a descendant of the Baal Shem Tov.

The author does an excellent presentation of the Mystic Life and Kabbalistic Practices. The book includes not only the history of Kabbalah but also contains many quotes and stories from the lives of Kabbalistic Rabbis, such as Rabbi Akiva, the Baal Shem Tov, Isaac Luria, Dov Baer, Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, Moses Cordovero, Joseph Caro, Abulafia, and others.

In my opinion, the book serves not only as a great introduction to the Kabbalah but also provides significant depth and mystical insights through the lives and writings of the great masters.
Old 16-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I would highly recommend "Kabbalah, the Way of the Jewish Mystic", by Perle Epstein, a descendant of the Baal Shem Tov.

The author does an excellent presentation of the Mystic Life and Kabbalistic Practices. The book includes not only the history of Kabbalah but also contains many quotes and stories from the lives of Kabbalistic Rabbis, such as Rabbi Akiva, the Baal Shem Tov, Isaac Luria, Dov Baer, Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, Moses Cordovero, Joseph Caro, Abulafia, and others.

In my opinion, the book serves not only as a great introduction to the Kabbalah but also provides significant depth and mystical insights through the lives and writings of the great masters.

Thanks so much! I'll check it out.