Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
What is the "New Age Movement""?
The term was coined by those who tried to stop an awakening that started in the 60th. And they were partially successful, at least they delayed it by about 30 years. This happened to almost all teachings, perhaps to a lesser degree to those who kept their teaching secret, (occult). All other teaching were turned into some kind of organizations, like churches, were the masses could be fed falsities. What we know now as 'New Age"in not any different. The difficulty today is, to find the core teaching, and it does not matter which one it is, Jesus, Buddha, Tao, Kabbalah they all have the potential to guide you to the next level.
The core teachings are there and always have been, for those willing to look, but nobody seems willing.

If they were, they would find that current teachings deviate so far away, the "core teachings" are hardly at the "core" anymore.

However, to find these core teachings is also a right of passage..One must be prepared to keep looking beyond the "obvious" to find what is "hidden" but most people do not have this ability and then make excuses for the lack....."oh, it doesn't relate to society anymore because it is too old/outdated now" and hence the "New Age" which all started with H.P. Blavatsky and the early Theosophists...waay before the 1960s.

Fact is, society may have changed, but the innate nature of mankind definitely has not and that is what the core teachings addressed.

There is a saying..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but humankind always believes that reinventing the wheel makes it anything but a wheel.
Old 14-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The core teachings are there and always have been, for those willing to look, but nobody seems willing.

If they were, they would find that current teachings deviate so far away, the "core teachings" are hardly at the "core" anymore.

However, to find these core teachings is also a right of passage..One must be prepared to keep looking beyond the "obvious" to find what is "hidden" but most people do not have this ability and then make excuses for the lack....."oh, it doesn't relate to society anymore because it is too old/outdated now" and hence the "New Age" which all started with H.P. Blavatsky and the early Theosophists...waay before the 1960s.

Fact is, society may have changed, but the innate nature of mankind definitely has not and that is what the core teachings addressed.

There is a saying..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but humankind always believes that reinventing the wheel makes it anything but a wheel.
I learned a lot when I got into "my core" but thats not why I'm replying.

I'm here to finish our talk about Bananas I was going to reply to your story when Jeremy and his thread got evicted.Jeremy didn't do a good job in his undercover role as soarmind...I think its best for him not to be here but that's my opinion.

I understand that banana now and enjoyed the story from your youth,it made me think "Wow,you've a lot going on from an early age".

I also saw Aum namah Shiviya at the end of your post and it made me think back to 2012 at the beginning of my conscious spiritual journey.
I started to do yoga which led me to get interested in a guy called Babaji.I was fascinated by him as I didn't realise that there were other guys on this planet that could preform miracles,,,I had only heard of Jesus.

Aum namah Shiviya was in all of his stories so I adopted it as a mantra when I was doing my self healing.I knew nothing of Shiva back then,I was using the mantra to say "I bow down to the grace of God" so it seems Shiva was undercover too

I see it alot now,stuff from the past which I knew little about revealing its fullness to me now....its wonderful....I remember feeling my energy field in bed as a child of 5/6 but at the time i had no clue just that it was nice and comforting
Old 15-05-2018, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I learned a lot when I got into "my core" but thats not why I'm replying.

I'm here to finish our talk about Bananas I was going to reply to your story when Jeremy and his thread got evicted.Jeremy didn't do a good job in his undercover role as soarmind...I think its best for him not to be here but that's my opinion.

I understand that banana now and enjoyed the story from your youth,it made me think "Wow,you've a lot going on from an early age".

I also saw Aum namah Shiviya at the end of your post and it made me think back to 2012 at the beginning of my conscious spiritual journey.
I started to do yoga which led me to get interested in a guy called Babaji.I was fascinated by him as I didn't realise that there were other guys on this planet that could preform miracles,,,I had only heard of Jesus.

Aum namah Shiviya was in all of his stories so I adopted it as a mantra when I was doing my self healing.I knew nothing of Shiva back then,I was using the mantra to say "I bow down to the grace of God" so it seems Shiva was undercover too

I see it alot now,stuff from the past which I knew little about revealing its fullness to me now....its wonderful....I remember feeling my energy field in bed as a child of 5/6 but at the time i had no clue just that it was nice and comforting
Poor Jeremy...One could almost feel sorry for him.

Babaji is pretty much only an "urban legend" among Hindus, sadly. There have been many tales of an immortal being living in the Himalayas, performing miracles...but "seeing Babaji" leads to a lot of respect, so many have made the claim, but it cannot be proven...and I mean, if one was going to do that, why not just cut through the cr** and just say they have seen God? LOL

Yes, I have had a very colourful past to say the least.
Old 15-05-2018, 05:13 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Poor Jeremy...One could almost feel sorry for him.

Babaji is pretty much only an "urban legend" among Hindus, sadly. There have been many tales of an immortal being living in the Himalayas, performing miracles...but "seeing Babaji" leads to a lot of respect, so many have made the claim, but it cannot be proven...and I mean, if one was going to do that, why not just cut through the cr** and just say they have seen God? LOL

Yes, I have had a very colourful past to say the least.

That's sad news about Babaji.
I'll add him to the list with Santa and the tooth fairy...another one bites the dust