Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-12-2017, 04:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Whants an "open" chakra?

I'm not sure what the difference is when a chakra is open. I've seen posts saying something about making sure their chakras are open but I don't know what that means. Could someone explain this to me please? And I assume its a good thing so how do I open my chakras?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Knower

When a chakra is really open so you obtain powers siddhis. Until you do not have any siddhi power so you have none chakra open. But, take it many years meditations on a one chakra only. For example swami Raghavanand said that nobody can open all chakras in one life.
There are two different paths with chakras on the East.
1/Cleen all chakras and wake up the Serpent power - kundalini - for the end cycles of lives.
2/Open a chakra for obtain supernatural powers and better life.
First path is in books like Shiva samhita, Gheranda samhita, The serpent power - translantion by Arthur Avalon (John Woodroffe).
Second paths is in book The secret of the golden flower (Chinese taoists spiritual alchemy), translantion by Richard Willhelm. But there is chakra Ajna called a "heavenly heart" and chakra Anahata a "fleshly heart".

Last edited by Lumpino : 04-12-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolliebug
I'm not sure what the difference is when a chakra is open. I've seen posts saying something about making sure their chakras are open but I don't know what that means. Could someone explain this to me please? And I assume its a good thing so how do I open my chakras?
It depends on the chakra, but I'll give you an example:

Muladhara (root chakra):

Open: I feel safe in my surroundings, I am at peace with who I am, I'm grounded and stable in my environment and within my physical existence. My basic needs are being met.

Closed: I'm afraid, I am alone, I'm hungry and tired, I'm uncomfortable and agitated...I just feel 'off'.

Swadhisthana (sacral chakra).

Open: I feel free to express my sexuality and the nurturing side of my being, I have a happy family life and I care for the Earth and the bounty of nature.

Closed: I feel guilty about sex, seeing it as a sin/evil, I don't care about environmental issues, I don't nurture things...I couldn't care less. etc

*You'll see that 'closed' is opposite of open*.

Manipura Chakra (solar plexus).

Open: I am confident without arrogance, I have self-worth and self-esteem, I am good at doing what I do, I exercise/work out, eat healthy things, giving this body what it needs to function optimally.

Closed: I am arrogant/prideful and seek to control/dominate others. I feel lacking within myself...I'm terribly overweight but I don't care, I'll eat, sleep and do what I want and when I want...exercise and routine is for the birds.

Anahata Chakra (heart chakra).

Open: I value others as expressions of universal love and extend it in return. I see the interconnection with all forms of life and appreciate art, nature and anything aesthetically pleasing. I realise there's a conscious being of love and light responsible for existence.

Closed: I am resentful, intolerant and easily annoyed, often prone to outbursts of anger and each person isn't connected and this is all there is to life...nothing behind it and I'm not grateful for anything...a sunrise or sunset is just a natural phenomena...no big deal.

Vishuddhi Chakra (throat chakra).

Open: I am honest with myself and others. I feel the freedom to express myself from my own state of being as I am. I'm not quick to judge or label and communication flows freely and unrestricted. I don't have any agenda or motive behind how I speak or act.

Closed: I tell lies, I manipulate people and label them according to what I believe them to be whether it is true or not. I'm generally insincere about getting what I want, but I want it anyway.

Ajna Chakra (third eye).

Open: I am aware that there's more to existence than what I can see and feel, other realms and states of being and awareness. I'm in tune with the sacred vibration of the cosmos and I'm not limited by restrictions of the physical and mental awareness. I AM.

Closed: There's nothing more than what I can directly perceive through my senses. The world is all there is...working, raising kids, getting money and creating material wealth and security is what life is all about.

Sahashrara Chakra (Crown Chakra):

Open: Everything in existence is a spark of the Source/Divine which is inclusive in and of itself...there's no distinction between form and function, between matter and energy...everything is how it should be, all working/existing to the nature of consciousness. Everything IS.

Closed: I'm in the awareness of a separate, yet interconnected self and the body and mind is still separate from the soul...There is no holistic internalisation.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Both if your posts are awesome and very helpful!

What if I already have the same view and some of the open chakras? Does that mean they are open?
Old 04-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It depends on the chakra, but I'll give you an example:

Muladhara (root chakra):

Open: I feel safe in my surroundings, I am at peace with who I am, I'm grounded and stable in my environment and within my physical existence. My basic needs are being met.

Closed: I'm afraid, I am alone, I'm hungry and tired, I'm uncomfortable and agitated...I just feel 'off'.

Swadhisthana (sacral chakra).

Open: I feel free to express my sexuality and the nurturing side of my being, I have a happy family life and I care for the Earth and the bounty of nature.

Closed: I feel guilty about sex, seeing it as a sin/evil, I don't care about environmental issues, I don't nurture things...I couldn't care less. etc

*You'll see that 'closed' is opposite of open*.

Manipura Chakra (solar plexus).

Open: I am confident without arrogance, I have self-worth and self-esteem, I am good at doing what I do, I exercise/work out, eat healthy things, giving this body what it needs to function optimally.

Closed: I am arrogant/prideful and seek to control/dominate others. I feel lacking within myself...I'm terribly overweight but I don't care, I'll eat, sleep and do what I want and when I want...exercise and routine is for the birds.

Anahata Chakra (heart chakra).

Open: I value others as expressions of universal love and extend it in return. I see the interconnection with all forms of life and appreciate art, nature and anything aesthetically pleasing. I realise there's a conscious being of love and light responsible for existence.

Closed: I am resentful, intolerant and easily annoyed, often prone to outbursts of anger and each person isn't connected and this is all there is to life...nothing behind it and I'm not grateful for anything...a sunrise or sunset is just a natural phenomena...no big deal.

Vishuddhi Chakra (throat chakra).

Open: I am honest with myself and others. I feel the freedom to express myself from my own state of being as I am. I'm not quick to judge or label and communication flows freely and unrestricted. I don't have any agenda or motive behind how I speak or act.

Closed: I tell lies, I manipulate people and label them according to what I believe them to be whether it is true or not. I'm generally insincere about getting what I want, but I want it anyway.

Ajna Chakra (third eye).

Open: I am aware that there's more to existence than what I can see and feel, other realms and states of being and awareness. I'm in tune with the sacred vibration of the cosmos and I'm not limited by restrictions of the physical and mental awareness. I AM.

Closed: There's nothing more than what I can directly perceive through my senses. The world is all there is...working, raising kids, getting money and creating material wealth and security is what life is all about.

Sahashrara Chakra (Crown Chakra):

Open: Everything in existence is a spark of the Source/Divine which is inclusive in and of itself...there's no distinction between form and function, between matter and energy...everything is how it should be, all working/existing to the nature of consciousness. Everything IS.

Closed: I'm in the awareness of a separate, yet interconnected self and the body and mind is still separate from the soul...There is no holistic internalisation.

Thats the best description I've ever read.

all I can add to that is, that if a chakra is half closed then it is also half open and there can come a point in ones journey that an open chakra can never close again...its the evolution of spirit into physical form
Old 06-12-2017, 04:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Than you :)

Is there a difference between an open chakra the same as an awake chakra?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolliebug
Than you :)

Is there a difference between an open chakra the same as an awake chakra?

theres no difference,,,awake and open are the same