Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Master
Thank you for sharing your insights Lynn. Death is still a taboo subject to many here in the U.S., people think it is a morbid subject and a lot of people do not even discuss it with their loved ones, which I think causes even more grief to the loved ones when that person dies. The first job I got when I got out of the army was that of an ambulance paramedic and my first apartment where I lived was in a mortuary; the front door to my apartment was right across the hall from the embalming room.

It always amazed me people who work with dead bodies, like an embalmer, or a beautician who does the cosmetic effects on a body that night be viewed in a casket. The worst are those who do autopsies; that is something I definitely could not do on a daily basis. As a military veteran I can relate to service members losing their life in a non-combat situation, and yes a person on their final breath does often struggle with that breath, or in a trauma situation they may drown in their own blood which prevents them from taking another breath. Death in a combat situation looks a lot different than death in a hospital.

I have seen people die struggling with their death, in fear, etc., and I have seen others who have had a very smooth transition. Some die and the look of fear is still on their face after they have died and others die with light in their eyes and a look of peace on their face. Personally, I strive to have a smooth transition myself.

Once while working in a hospital in San Antonio, Texas a big drug kingpin was bought into the hospital all shot up. He had been in a gun fight with police. By all accounts he was a cruel real tough guy who had killed lots of people himself. He was talking bad when they wheeled him into the ER. But when the doctors said that his wounds were too great and that there was nothing they could do. That guy curled into a fetal position and cried like a baby because he knew he was going to die.

I have always wondered why we humans view death as a sad affair, and I do understand that it has more to do with the loss of a loved one than it does death itself. Those entities on the other side, if they have feelings, might feel like why do humans cry when one of them leaves their realm and enters our realm? In my opinion death is not the issue as much as how a person dies.

There have been times when, while working in the medical field, we just let a person die instead of performing any life saving interventions. In the hospital it is called a “No Core,” which means that a person is terminally ill and if their heart stops don’t do CPR or any other type of intervention. This is also done at many hospices; because most people go to a hospice to die.

Another such situation when medical staff do not run in to help save a person’s life is in a triage situation. When you have death on a large scale; a plane crash, bombing or other terrorist attack, etc., you only help those who will most benefit from what time and medical supplies you may have on hand.

I was stationed at White Sands Missile Range in Southern New Mexico and one evening we got a call of a car crash out on the highway adjacent to the base. When we got out there we saw that a rather large tow truck had crashed into a school bus filled with kids returning from a field trip. Kids bodies were laying all over the road and by the road; we were the only ambulance on the scene an the radio in our ambulance stopped working.

There was one New Mexico State Police car there an he was having radio problems also; something to do with the transmissions in the area around the base. This was back in the 1960’s before computers and cell phones, etc. Basically me and my ambulance partner had to triage the scene; run around look at the kids, treat who we could treat and let who was near death die. This is what doctors and other medical people do in a triage situation.
Old 20-05-2016, 03:27 AM
Administrator
Hello

More and more I do feel that we are moving to accept death as a transformation not an ending. More and more people are having a "Celebration of Life" service and not a funeral. I see change on the horizon but like all things it will take the passing of the old and the transformation of those taking their place to bring on that change.

As I get to work with both Worlds I have an understanding that many never get to experience ( not that I would wish being me on anyone it has its times of great responsibility) I have been with many in that passing moment and its not always an easy journey faced.

The first thing I get asked is if they made it over....and while it rare there are times when I have to say no but that I can help with that. There are times when we have not be prepared for the fact that we will one day pass. Death is never discussed in a home growing up so its a shock when it happens.

I do not know that knowing when our time is up would be a benefit and would make us a better person. I had a friend that was told they had 6 months at the most left, and they ran up a HUGE bill with travel, a new car, furniture ext.....knowing full well they had no family to take on the bills. Said what does it matter if its not paid back I am going to enjoy my time. They did not pass away.....so they had huge bills to face. Never count your chickens before they are hatched as you might get sterile hens.

Lynn
Old 20-05-2016, 03:47 AM
Master
That last paragraph about your friend was very funny. When I worked in the mental health field I had a similar experience; rather sad, how a patient ran up a very large bill on lavish things, meals, etc., and then went home put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The bullet went into one side of his head an exited on the other side but he lived an still could talk, etc. He had a lot of bills to face.

A few months ago I had a friend die who never discussed death with anyone; when he died he had almost half a million dollars in assets, owned 5-homes, etc. but he did not have a will, his nearest relative could not be found, so my friends assets went to the State’s “unclaimed money” section, and if it were not for the VA my friend might not have had a decent burial. But I do acknowledge the evolution as well; how people are coming to embrace death more through celebration and appreciating life.

I found it very heartwarming how the City of Los Angeles buries all homeless people together whose bodies have gone unclaimed, and then they hold a memorial service at that grave site. That is more than what we Americans did for the Vietnamese during that war.
Old 20-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for everything you share with us Starman. You have a very rich experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I have always wondered why we humans view death as a sad affair, and I do understand that it has more to do with the loss of a loved one than it does death itself. Those entities on the other side, if they have feelings, might feel like why do humans cry when one of them leaves their realm and enters our realm? In my opinion death is not the issue as much as how a person dies.

Over de the last 100 or 200 years many interesting books about the afterlife and the meaning of life have been published. Many people still base their view about life and death on very old concepts and beliefs.
Things are changing rapidly. The influence of old conventional beliefs are declining very fast here in Holland. I suppose in other countries there is also change going on.

I think when people open up to new ideas about the afterlife and such they will change their views too and then they will learn to look at death in another way.
Forums like this play an important role to spread light, love and wisdom around the world.

I appreciate your stories very much.
Old 20-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Master
A few times I have seen people who were pronounced dead; their heart had stopped beating, and then later they sat up wide awake and very much alive. One such time a person was put in the morgue on a slab in a locker and they woke up. In every case these people talked about seeing their body lying dead as they hovered above it, and then they encountered a being radiating incredible light and love who told them it was not yet their time. These people had no vital signs and were pronounced “clinically dead,” and had incredible stories to tell after they returned, and amazingly no brain damage occurred in their dead body. They would also accurately describe how medical people tried to save them, etc. This might be an example of knowing when you are not going to die.

I have also heard many times about the “phantom limb” syndrome from many patients; that is the ability to feel sensations and even pain in a limb or limbs that no longer exist. I have had patients that lost an arm or leg, or both legs, and they can still feel that limb as though it was still attached; about 85% of people who have lost a limb report this. Some physicians attribute it to neurological memory while others say there is an energy field which remains after the limb had been removed, and they refer to Kirlian photography or bioelectrography, which has now become the subject of mainstream research, and shows the bioelectrical field that remains after a leaf has been cut in two, or a limb removed, etc. Some patients report that they have nonverbal communication with their bioelectrical field. This does not surprise me.
Old 20-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Master
Following is a very personal experience which I had, and these experiences are sacred to me. I only share them because they may help someone else and they are not for me as a boast.

I went to a bull ring in southern Spain some time ago, where an Indian Guru was sitting on a stage in the middle of the bull ring talking about the miracle of life. There were at least a few thousand people sitting in the circular bleachers around the bull ring. But when the guru spoke it seemed he was speaking directly to me. The air was soft and sweet with a light breeze, and there were no thoughts in my head to be found anywhere; nothing but deep silence, and the voice of this venerable teacher echoing on the outside. I got up from my seat, for whatever reason, and walked outside of the bull ring and suddenly, without warning, everything disappeared, and I found my self floating in golden light and the light was rich and thick with love. It was like I was in a fetal position and it felt like being in the womb, for my body was also made of that light, and I felt the comfort of being at home. The experience was timeless and it felt so fulfilling and comfortable. Like being totally engulfed in overwhelming bliss. Again, without warning, I was back in the bull ring, staggering, intoxicated on divine love from the experience I‘d just had, trying to find my seat. As I looked at the guru, he looked directly at me, and then roared a deep guttural laugh, as he continued to talk about the miracle of life, in a bull ring in southern Spain.

My words do not do justice, as the experience was beyond words. I have since come to realize that my waking consciousness had slipped into the cosmic egg, or energy field, which surrounds each of us. A luminous presence that surrounds our physical body and extends beyond it. I consider this experience which I had a blessing, aided by the presence of that venerable teacher.

Since then I have had many inter-dimensional and intra-dimensional experiences. Most while in a deep meditative state. I am often reluctant to share these experiences because they are as valuable gems to me, even more than that they are sacred. I share this because I don’t think we should be afraid of death; the experience beyond this physical world is far grander then anything that can be imagined. But I do feel deeply that I must honor this physical life and what we call “death” will come at its’ own pace.
Old 20-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I am often reluctant to share these experiences because they are as valuable gems to me, even more than that they are sacred. I share this because I don’t think we should be afraid of death; the experience beyond this physical world is far grander then anything that can be imagined. But I do feel deeply that I must honor this physical life and what we call “death” will come at its’ own pace.

You should only share it when you feel free and secure enough to do it. I have shared some very personal experiences on other forums because I wanted other people to know about that too.

This forum is a safe place to share your experiences. There are also many people here with very interesting and eye-opening experiences too.

Personally I feel I have shared enough with others about my own, but who knows, maybe in time I will share some more about myself. Although I do think you have way more interesting things to share then me.
Old 20-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Experiencer

Starman, thanks so much for sharing your experiences. What you've said so much resonates with me. Experiencing some of the most heart wrenching events one can possibly endure and live through can be bittersweet in the revelation of knowledge to those noble and strong enough to question, seek and freely share. Because of this, for me it affirms that this is consciousness awaking us from the horrors created by an ego driven existence, and that either we're on a 'reset'...or consciousness and the physical are evolving into a union to produce a much higher existence.
Old 20-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Master
MARDAV70, some of my greatest insights came from some of the darkest nights of my soul. Just about everyone I have met who found an inkling of enlightenment went through hell in order to find that heaven within. It is my belief that it is the destiny of every human being to eventually consciously merge with the light; we will all journey in our own way, in our own time, but we will all consciously return to that eternal source of unconditional love. IMHO.
Old 20-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Experiencer
I think spiritual wisdom is wisdom by experience.
Books can help a lot to guide you and show you how to navigate through life, but the soul is mostly formed by your experience.
Back, way back in history there was nothing but experience. The first masters of light entered the spheres of light by experience only. In those days books were not even invented yet.

If it's possible, if the situation allows, I would like to know beforehand when my end is coming so I can have my paperwork tidy and done. I would like to have things tidy and cleaned up when I pass over.
But if my end were to be less comfortable, or maybe even kind of violent, in order to solve any carma from the past then so be it. Better get it over with then to come back again in a next life to solve that.