Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Jade F^lcon

Im sorry I like steak too much to be a herbivore. The way I see it is we r at the top of the food chain, why eat grass?
Old 15-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade F^lcon
Im sorry I like steak too much to be a herbivore. The way I see it is we r at the top of the food chain, why eat grass?

And if angels ate humans...?

In the spiritual sense, it is the duty of the higher to care for and protect the lower.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Stein
Humans are not naturally vegan. If we were designed to be herbivors then we would not have evolved along the lines we have. Evolution decisively refutes your assertion. We are omnivors... we can eat meat or go vegan as we choose. Whether eating meat or going vegan is healthier remains an open question.

The First Blessing:
And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Time

I have one thing to say:

Our digestive systems do poorly with straight up raw meat in large amounts. This is why Homo erectus and Homo sapian used fire to cook the food, enableling us to get more food, with less digestive resources (used less energy to digest).

The fact we cook our food is why our digestive systems dont look 100% carnivore or herbavore, its a hybridization of both, since our ancistors were highly adaptable in their diet.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM
WonderGarth

Humans are not "naturally" anything .

"Natural" and all these "theories" about it are just that ... to satisfy one's mind seeking cause for the effect of their lives of the only moment there is . Now.

Nothing wrong with them ... nothing right either. They like everything ... simply is.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
The First Blessing:
And God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Then god went on to kill 2,270,365+ people.... :^)

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/godkills.htm
Old 12-01-2013, 05:58 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Stein
Humans are not naturally vegan. If we were designed to be herbivors then we would not have evolved along the lines we have. Evolution decisively refutes your assertion. We are omnivors... we can eat meat or go vegan as we choose. Whether eating meat or going vegan is healthier remains an open question.
Agreed... Indigenous Eskimos ate roughly 95% animal products... if they had other options they likely would have added them.. but they serve as a guide to just how much animal products could be eaten by a body that's designed such as ours...
Old 12-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Agreed... Indigenous Eskimos ate roughly 95% animal products... if they had other options they likely would have added them.. but they serve as a guide to just how much animal products could be eaten by a body that's designed such as ours...
I think the Eskimos didn't have a very long life expectation, I remember reading that somewhere awhile ago ?.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:11 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think the Eskimos didn't have a very long life expectation, I remember reading that somewhere awhile ago ?.

Now keeping in mind that I'm referencing the "indigenous" Inuit. Once the more modern western foods (flour, sugar, vegetable oils) entered the stream their health tended to tank. To do so we have to go back a bit and look at those who studied the tribes back-when. One was a guy named Vilhjalmur Stefansson. I'm short on time today so my research can't be more thorough but it seems he documented that they lived as long as 80 to 90 years. (saw a blogger familiar with his work mentioned this)

There was this interesting bit at the bottom of the wikipedia page on Stefansson that seemed relevant to this current discussion. I'll copy and paste that part here.... perhaps tomorrow I'll have more time to explore this a bit further...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Quagmire

I agree with the view that we are build for a little of this and a little of that. A jack of all trades. Just read an article about the possibilities of plants being sentient and that they could recognize their own kin. So maybe as the research progresses we all might be capable of burying the "we are compassionate you are not" argumentation. And just loved this here part

Quote:
I find it absolutely fascinating that scientists are finally starting to consider plant sentience a serious possibility. The idea of plant communication is not entirely new, and has been an integral part of some spiritual practices. So, if plants are capable of communicating with each other, and understanding whether those around them are family or not, can they also feel pain? And if they can feel pain, do their relatives hear their screams when they are cooked or eaten? I think the idea of plant sentience may put a whole new perspective on things for some people. It would seem that if plants are capable of the same things as animals (realization and communication), that eating a carrot would be no different than eating a chicken leg, as both come from beings that display awareness. It certainly gives you something to think about.
http://www.greenfudge.org/2009/12/01...cial-behavior/