Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 22-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Ascender
If you wish to believe that we are "judged", then that is your belief. I do not believe that we are judged by anyone about anything, except possibly by ourselves in self-examination. So we must agree to disagree on that point.

I did not say that "it is just about our food choices". What I said was "Being vegetarian is a life style/spiritual choice". You yourself said more or less the same thing in Post 5: "That is why being a 'Vegetarian is a 'Life Style/Cultural/Spiritual/Religious choice." So we agree on that!
Old 23-10-2012, 01:56 AM
neptune13

I totally agree with you 'LPC'...
Old 26-10-2012, 03:27 PM
sarinmall

Thanks all of you for your comments specially to LPC for deriving the short conclusion of my post but personally I feel and most of you would agree that Being a Vegetarian is a far better choice than being a non-vegeterain and one should go for non-veg food only when you don't have any option of veg food like in cold & desert areas. Same was also said by great spiritual saints like Gautama Buddha and srila prabhupada.

Thanks a lot
Old 26-10-2012, 03:41 PM
amy green

If you see that we have some canine teeth and also strong stomach acid (to aid the breakdown of denser protein), you must surely concede that we are omnivores - naturally equipped to eat plants and animals.

Anyone who chooses to be a vegetarian though is to be commended.

Old 26-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Gracey

Also predators eyes are located in the front of their head. Non predators eyes are located on the sides.

To each their own on their eating habits. Neither is better than the other.
Old 26-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Master

Man was created "to walk with the angels", not to hurt and kill. Animals have souls just as we do; they are animated by the same spirit of God just as we are; they are following their own evolutionary path....

As one grows in knowledge and wisdom one comes to understand that it is perfectly possible to live exclusively on a plant based diet, and as one evolves spiritually one comes to understand how wrong it is to eat the flesh and blood of another sentient being.

The spiritual Path is governed by Love. The sincere aspirant must turn away from all cruel practices and the ways of bloodshed and violence.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 27-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Man was created "to walk with the angels", not to hurt and kill. Animals have souls just as we do; they are animated by the same spirit of God just as we are; they are following their own evolutionary path....

As one grows in knowledge and wisdom one comes to understand that it is perfectly possible to live exclusively on a plant based diet, and as one evolves spiritually one comes to understand how wrong it is to eat the flesh and blood of another sentient being.

The spiritual Path is governed by Love. The sincere aspirant must turn away from all cruel practices and the ways of bloodshed and violence.

I really could debate this, but I will not out of respect for your beliefs....this "argument" is as old as cane and able and still seems to hold the same emotions for most people.

I will say that as a race we are only as strong as our weakest link.
Old 27-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Master

Truth is constant and eternal. Our understanding of Truth however changes as we grow spiritually.
What 'we' consider truth today 'we' will abandon for a higher truth tomorrow...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Master
Perhaps humanity could be eating less meat. Especially after our formative years.
But, the evolution and advancement of humanity from the lesser forms is attributed to the aquirement, and the eating of high protein meat, which contributed to brain development in present day homosapiens.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Rev. Stein

Humans are not naturally vegan. If we were designed to be herbivors then we would not have evolved along the lines we have. Evolution decisively refutes your assertion. We are omnivors... we can eat meat or go vegan as we choose. Whether eating meat or going vegan is healthier remains an open question.