Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Knower

Totems

I've read that before we descend down to earth we choose a totem, which can be any member of the animal kingdom, to stand by us and protect.

Does anybody know how to figure out what your totem is? Or should I just ask my guides or my totem itself? Does anybody know what animal their totem is?

I'd love to hear about your animal friends. Thanks!
Old 18-01-2007, 07:52 AM
kundalini

Hi earth2bella,

Asking your spirit guides about your totem and then performing a meditation session is probably a good idea if you wish to know more about your animal totems and animal guides. There is a thread already about this subject in the 'Native American' section. Here, once you find out what your guide is, you will be able to discover what qualities your totem may be asking you to develop at this time. Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1725

To answer your other question, I believe I have an elephant totem at this time. I hope this helps, Kundalini.
Old 18-01-2007, 06:15 PM
cweiters

My totem

Hello earth2bella I am happy you are here. Kundalini recently saw my totem in a reading he was doing for me. Yet before he told me of the Eagle totem he saw I have special love for creatures that fly.

I love all nature especially birds, trees, and water.
This is what I have been told of Eagle totem's:

Eagles hunt with sight and sound, seeing eight times greater than humans because their eyes are closer to the front of their head. Their incredible sight and hearing makes them good at feeding themselves from the land while flying at great heights. They use their feathers as little winglets to reduce turbulence which increases lift. Eagles use their back talons to kill small prey while using their front three to grasp the prey securely. Their sharp beaks cut and tear while using their strong jaw muscles to crush their prey.
Both male and female eagles incubate the eggs. If humans encroach on an Eagles' nest or touch the eggs or nest, the Eagle will likely abandon them.
Native Americans send their prayers to Eagle, so as he rises above the chaos to meet the Creator and return, he will return with a vision for the people. Hence their feathers are considered great aids making spiritual contact in prayer with Eagle.
Eagle shows us that people with high ideals need to be able to spread their wings so they can reach for the stars. Eagle brings the gift of clarity of vision. As long as we follow our intuition we will be heading in the right direction.

Here is a link that might help you and others find your animal totem.

http://www.animaltotem.com/find-your-totem.html

Love to all
cw
Old 18-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Vajra

Wink

Hey Bella! i found out my totems through a friend who contacted a shaman through telepathy and we did a spread
with the animal speak cards - which are available at any place that sells spiritual books ;) - i put my hand just above the spread and scanned for cards that felt either warmer, colder or that felt like they had a spark, and i picked out 9 cards which were as follows:

Rabbit - East -she is all white with one small
dark brown spot on her right ear - her
lesson is fear and she is my first totem which
means i share common traits with her
Ant - South - common black - guides me with patience
Hawk - West - red shouldered hawk - provides messages
from other realms
Grouse - North - ruffed grouse- keeps me connected with
the sacred spiral
Raven - Left - guides my feminine side - and also guides
me with travels in the void
Elk - Below - guides me with survival issues and stamina
Buffalo - Right - i have been told he is very large - guides
my masculine side guides with weath
and abundance
Owl - Above - barn owl guides me in dreamtime- and
helps me to see deception before it's too
late
Eagle - Within -bald eagle -guides with spirit and wisdom

I am very sure i have a monitor lizard in there somewhere, because I have made a very strong connection with a blackthroat monitor whom I learned a bit of animal telepathy through and I sense her around me very often

Last edited by Vajra : 18-01-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 20-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Knower

cweiters & Vajra,

Thanks for the info. I love nature and animals and plants and have a greater connection with them than ever before. Yet I do not know what my totem is or if I have many. I can't recall being drawn to a specific animal or having dreams of animals. I've always grown up with dogs and I love em, and I've had a few cats although I never liked them, and I'm a leo (slowly warming up to them). As a kid I would buy tiny frog statues but gave them to my dad. I got thrown off a horse at about age 10. I always enjoyed Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven". But none of this says anything. I appreciate the help. I'm sure I'll figure it out one day. Thanks!
Old 20-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Vajra

Wink

before you go to sleep, maybe practice asking the cosmos to show you your guide (or guides) in dreamtime, you may have to do this several nights in a row to get the energies going, but it has worked for some!
Closed Thread