Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Do you cease to exist if you die in a state of unconsciousness?

Some people say you cease to exist if you die while in a state of unconsciousness, that your soul is obliterated if you don't go through the death process fully conscious. Could this really be true? I'm a little scared now, because a lot of people die while unconscious.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:15 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Cat Princess
Some people say you cease to exist if you die while in a state of unconsciousness, that your soul is obliterated if you don't go through the death process fully conscious. Could this really be true? I'm a little scared now, because a lot of people die while unconscious.

Don't worry love you never cease to exist in the spirit How do we know people are not spiritually conscious when they pass, mybe there body is but not there soul/spirit, nothing is obliterated, never.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Cat Princess
No danger of that. Soul's existence is not dependent on what the body or mind is doing (alive or dead).

Those who believe in reincarnation indicate that if you are unconscious at or after death (due to lack of preparation for death) that you reincarnate much sooner and have less choice about returning.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you very much for your answers.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Master

many times you have already left if you are unconscious.

kk
Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Guide
The unconscience state is when our soul is most free to exist.

When we are unconscience, our mind is no longer masking the souls intention

Conscienceness is a state where our mind is aware. An untraded mind can hinder and mask our souls intention and can limit our access to the soul.

Conscienceness is sometimes mistaken for the higher conscience. Higher conscience is where our minds are relaxed and put in the back seat so our souls can be the driving force. So higher conscience is more like unconscience then conscience (in relation to the mind). When we are unconsciencely asleep and dreaming, this is the free soul being allowed to work with out the interference of the mind.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Most the time your soul isn't even fully incarnated. Your soul can't be obliterated. Your personality though might get stuck and lost if it's not aware of itself as the soul.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Experiencer
Hello Angel Cat Princess,

I agree with everyone else that it's not true. The soul never dies. Sometimes the soul exists the body before the body dies. Not sure about what circumstances that determine that - I just know from my own experience that this is sometimes the case.

Boson
Old 31-07-2015, 10:13 PM
CrystalClear

No, you may sleep for awhile. There are no accidents. I had a nde, when its your time to go, its your time. It is predestined. If you are unconscious when you die, you are being prepared for rest and healing. Some souls do not see anything when they die for several reasons. One, they arent going to die..so they either go into a deep sleep or they go into the void and do not understand where they are and so are unaware. They say, I didnt see anything, only black. Well, that is the void, and one has to be conscious to understand where they are. They will eventually tire of sitting in the void and eventually understand that they are not dead, but still have consciousness. Its funny, sometimes, people dont know anything about the afterlife so some will say, I stayed in the dark place for awhile. Well, you couldnt have known anything if you were dead. Your preconceived notion was that you were dead, so you sat there with a consciousness but did not know it because you thought you were dead. Your beliefs heavily sway your afterlife. Many dont know what to believe, they just know what the literal term of death is, so they go into it, unconsciously. There will be souls who sleep after life. Those souls will not remain asleep forever, they will awaken and reincarnate when they are ready. Much of it depends on the nervous system and beliefs of the person who dies, where I believe the soul is located. Nothing is by accident, even accidents.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Suspended

Unconsciousness is a state when the brain activity is limited and it has nothing to do with spirit.

Spirit can only communicate to our lived and living self whilst our chemical balances and brain/mind function allow spirit or awareness to exist.

Spirit has proven that it can communicate its own personal information to us without a presence....therefore the body by self represenation and self interpretation mis informs itself because of fear.

We have been taught so many fearful religious ideals only for the purpose of fear itself so that you will revere the Deity or organization....a true sad fact of living.