Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 09-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Knower
You might also have a look at MyNoise(dot)net. The site-owner has hundreds of sounds (both nature and industrial) for relaxation and something you may need: noise-masking.

The landing page has some sounds and noises grouped by what needs people have, including masking.

I hope something works for you. Every morning from between 5:30 and 6:30 (it's never the same) a neighbor in apartments next door leaves in his muscle car. That means gunning it and peeling out down the street. I guess my other neighbors sleep more deeply than I do...
Old 02-04-2019, 08:10 PM
ImthatIm

I have learned to meditate among machine gun fire and exploding bombs that shake the ground I am on.
Also military aircraft,jets, helicopters, transport planes.
I welcome all the motion,movement and vibration now.
It is the now of life.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have learned to meditate among machine gun fire and exploding bombs that shake the ground I am on.
It is the now of life.

That's what you call Meditation

I am similar, anywhere, anytime regardless. I call it a happening rather than a doing.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:05 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
That's what you call Meditation

I am similar, anywhere, anytime regardless. I call it a happening rather than a doing.

Things come and things go.
Why do I have to feel or think a certain way about them?

I use to seek out my preferred environment and find the calm, peace and serenity. I noticed the difference one day when traveling back into the chaos and asked myself why can I not find this same calm, peace and serenity amidst the chaos?
))((
^^^^^
Old 08-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Things come and things go.
Why do I have to feel or think a certain way about them?

I use to seek out my preferred environment and find the calm, peace and serenity. I noticed the difference one day when traveling back into the chaos and asked myself why can I not find this same calm, peace and serenity amidst the chaos?
))((
^^^^^

We learn as we go along, we find different things work when we thought they wouldn't. Meditation is usually taught that sitting in a quiet environment is how you do it, so we try and it works so in our minds we look for the same environment that previously helped us to Meditate, then one day as you did you question yourself as to why we can't Meditate amongst chaos, so we try it and it works...
Walking Meditation is lovely, have you tried?

It comes to a point along the way that it just happens, you don't set out to Meditate it becomes a natural part of your life, a happening here, there and everywhere.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:19 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
We learn as we go along, we find different things work when we thought they wouldn't. Meditation is usually taught that sitting in a quiet environment is how you do it, so we try and it works so in our minds we look for the same environment that previously helped us to Meditate, then one day as you did you question yourself as to why we can't Meditate amongst chaos, so we try it and it works...
Walking Meditation is lovely, have you tried?

It comes to a point along the way that it just happens, you don't set out to Meditate it becomes a natural part of your life, a happening here, there and everywhere.

Quote:
"Walking Meditation is lovely, have you tried?"

Yes.
I also love a meditative stalk in nature where I become apart of the natural order of life around and where every step may take several minutes to complete with out a sound. Easier done in moccasins or barefoot then with hard sole shoes. All the birds and insects and small life forms become more apparent and you have time to visit with various plant lives.
As always a pleasure conversing with you Sky123.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes.
I also love a meditative stalk in nature where I become apart of the natural order of life around and where every step may take several minutes to complete with out a sound. Easier done in moccasins or barefoot then with hard sole shoes. All the birds and insects and small life forms become more apparent and you have time to visit with various plant lives.
As always a pleasure conversing with you Sky123.

' I also love a meditative stalk in nature '

It's a good job I know what you really meant.

' As always a pleasure conversing with you Sky123.:hello '

Mutual
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
' I also love a meditative stalk in nature '

It's a good job I know what you really meant.

' As always a pleasure conversing with you Sky123.:hello '

Mutual

How did you know I was talking about the fox walk.^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Fox walk video < 2 min. long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl9ALW_IV2g
Old 24-04-2019, 06:20 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
It is the now of life.

I should have clarified here that I live next to a army base and I am not in a life threatening situation like a combat zone.
Unless a stray ricochet, or some freak accident happens.