Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Master
Running round our rituals.

I was just answering a thread and it bought up an interesting question for my curious little mind and almost a personal realisation that i hadnt voiced before, so id love to hear what you all think about our rituals.
I use that as a blanket terms for things we use to prepare and aid our spiritual developement, so everything from grounding, shielding, meditation, protection methods, or any other kinda ritual you may do before spiritual development work and readings/healings etc For example when your reading, what do you do before to prepare for that reading?
When your healing do you always shield?
Do you always ground , meditate, say a prayer etc.

Then my question leads onto have you ever done spiritual developement or readings and not done your usual rituals and if so what happened, if anything differently?

And for the times when for example we had no idea we were about to have a spiritual development period, or indeed suddenly get a link from spirit we had not prepared ourselves for in the usual manner we do, what happens to the rituals and there purpose then in your experiences?

Kind blessings Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Master
Hi Loops :)

For myself I have many rituals .. I start off on an empty stomach with doing a run prior to meditation, I then express the same worded prayer / blessings that I personally conjured up with that includes the angels / elements / ancestors etc ..

It leads me into a meditation on my chakras starting from the base upwards, sometimes I loose consciousness before I reach the upper ones sometimes not, no two meditations are the same .

As I come out of meditation I say a few more words / blessings to what has happened within meditation and then proceed with sending out my healing work, leaving my own self healing work to the end of the session ..

The rituals if you can call them that just become automatic in a way where it just feels apart of the bigger picture, one could say Is there a need for them? 'perhaps not' but whilst they are a part of the picture at present they seem to hold some relevance ..

I would say what comes a part of a ritual gradually enters the fold and when such aspects are no longer needed then they fade / dissolve as gradual as they once came into play .

I suppose one could ask themselves why do you do what you do when it comes to being ritualistic, for myself it seemed like a natural order of events like getting one's self into a peaceful state prior to meditation works well for example, even becoming mindful prior to meditation that one will be meditating can be seen as a ritual ..

I think rituals can be incorporated into a flow where things work well because of them ..

If something works well then one can repeat the process over and over again .

Depending on the type of ritual I suppose one could achieve the opposite effects / states to that which works well .

x daz x
Old 17-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Master
Hey daz hun :)

As I come out of meditation I say a few more words / blessings to what has happened within meditation and then proceed with sending out my healing work, leaving my own self healing work to the end of the session ..

I know it may sound odd, no surprise there but when I talk of rituals in this sense I don't ever mean blessings or thanks, I class them as just good manners ;) So of all the rituals I seem to of lost lately, that will never be one of them

I suppose one could ask themselves why do you do what you do when it comes to being ritualistic, for myself it seemed like a natural order of events like getting one's self into a peaceful state prior to meditation works well for example, even becoming mindful prior to meditation that one will be meditating can be seen as a ritual ..

And this is where I wonder about where our rituals started from, like for those who have not necessarily sought out spiritual developments, but rather had a connection just happen, but know nothing of spiritual practices of grounding or shielding, meditation etc, how much difference it makes, if any atall. Why did you start doing what you did for example at the beginning of this journey in terms of rituals?
I look back now and ive used tonnes of different rituals, but I only did because its what I heard should be done if im honest, but now it kinda feels like I still do all those things, but I don't do anything to do them if that makes sense?
So that's kinda why im interested in also how it started, but I guess I should add that to the original thread huh ****!!

Depending on the type of ritual I suppose one could achieve the opposite effects / states to that which works well .

I guess I must be kinda thinking along the lines of not so much it could achieve an opposite effect, but more make no difference in the outcome?
But how do you mean opposite effect here?
Kind blessings Loopy :) x

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-10-2013, 09:49 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
I was just answering a thread and it bought up an interesting question for my curious little mind and almost a personal realisation that i hadnt voiced before, so id love to hear what you all think about our rituals.
I use that as a blanket terms for things we use to prepare and aid our spiritual developement, so everything from grounding, shielding, meditation, protection methods, or any other kinda ritual you may do before spiritual development work and readings/healings etc For example when your reading, what do you do before to prepare for that reading?
When your healing do you always shield?
Do you always ground , meditate, say a prayer etc.

Then my question leads onto have you ever done spiritual developement or readings and not done your usual rituals and if so what happened, if anything differently?

And for the times when for example we had no idea we were about to have a spiritual development period, or indeed suddenly get a link from spirit we had not prepared ourselves for in the usual manner we do, what happens to the rituals and there purpose then in your experiences?

Kind blessings Loopy :)

I work as a healer and spiritual guide here in real life loopy, but as I have opened fully, trusted in myself and my spirit connections all round, I just trust. My main ingredient now is just to create the room to match the space in me....the rest is all done in trust and peace within me.

In trust of myself, I trust fully in all connections to that space...but that is just me.

The nature of grounding and taking care of myself is all about balance and enusuring that I am not tired, clear, nourished and energised in the ways I need for myself. I see being in that space one with trust as more important in me to give to others from there.

Everyone has their own ideas around those things unique to themselves for where they reside and what they need and its all important to them..

One important ritual that I use and is often the most lovely one in my connections.. ...is a hug...a very warm, heart to heart hug...
Old 17-10-2013, 09:54 PM
silent whisper

Its interesting, you mentioned not being prepared for a spiritual level of growth, I can relate to that space, that in many ways taught me the higher level of trust and to let go of the old rituals of protection that served me in my early days......I came to realize, how those old rituals no longer served me where I was going..so all I had was trust..
Old 18-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Niebla0007

I'm ok with
rituals, daily rituals, etc. not having to be about spiritual development and all that.

Everybody does something in a form of ritual all the time. Like whatever more simple/mundane things everybody does before or after going to bed for example -
which are repeated over and over again.
Old 18-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Hey daz hun :)

And this is where I wonder about where our rituals started from, like for those who have not necessarily sought out spiritual developments, but rather had a connection just happen, but know nothing of spiritual practices of grounding or shielding, meditation etc, how much difference it makes, if any atall. Why did you start doing what you did for example at the beginning of this journey in terms of rituals?

Hi Loops .

Where does anything 'first' come from that is thought related . An idea or a ritual it doesn't matter what .. I would say many seeds are planted subconsciously and many ideas / notions are passed across from other entities from other realms .. Some pick up on the same ideas universally speaking because they are on similar wavelengths ..

They say that the scientists / chemists of this world discover things at times this way ..

Its actually quite an in depth topic loops regarding where anything comes from .. (hey) .

x daz x