Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 28-01-2015, 03:34 AM
Master
God Bless the Pesky Peasants!
Old 28-01-2015, 02:31 PM
aallee1

I wonder about it being subconscious. I mean for one of my questions I'm pretty confident it'll move in the no direction but it's still going in the yes. Man I'm too impatient. Lol
Old 28-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Master
Try stopping all thought and all expectation after asking the question. Completely bring the mind to a full stop for however many seconds is needed for the pendulum to begin its movement. Perhaps only have enough of the mind aware to notice movement in the fingers holding the pendulum, the rest fully silent.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:15 PM
aallee1

Decided to get a new pendulum since the other one was owned by my ex husband. It seems to be working better
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 AM
Experiencer

Hey there...
I've been using one for over 20 years, I still don't know how it works and probably never will. Te important thing for me is that it does...
It seems to 'want' to hang in front of my solar plexus though, then I read on this forum that the solar plexus is like the mail box of the soul, so I think it is maybe an 'intuition amplifier', even finding that I don't need the pendulum on a really good day, you can feel the answer coming before it even starts to move...
Old 08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Experiencer

Pendulums work on the 'Ideomotor' effect. The same as Dowsing rods etc...
Old 17-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aralyn1983
My father-in-law now thinks that using dowsing rods is a sin
Pity really because there is a scientific answer.

Water takes the easiest path underground and that is often through mineral veins.

Mineral veins contain high valency elements like Cu++, Zn++, Fe++ (Copper, Zinc and Iron respectively).

As the earth is negatively charged the electrons pass through certain people with specific blood types more easily as their chemical make-up contains more copper.

So your father was simply a good earther as he walked near the +ve charged mineral vein. With the electrons desperately trying to neutralise the mineral vein, the steel rods will always cross 'X' as the rods pass over the vein.
Old 25-02-2015, 06:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Pity really because there is a scientific answer.

Water takes the easiest path underground and that is often through mineral veins.

Mineral veins contain high valency elements like Cu++, Zn++, Fe++ (Copper, Zinc and Iron respectively).

As the earth is negatively charged the electrons pass through certain people with specific blood types more easily as their chemical make-up contains more copper.

So your father was simply a good earther as he walked near the +ve charged mineral vein. With the electrons desperately trying to neutralise the mineral vein, the steel rods will always cross 'X' as the rods pass over the vein.

But how about for those of us that dont dowser for water???
Old 25-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfPentacles
But how about for those of us that dont dowser for water???
Not quite sure what you are asking ?

Is there any chance of going into more detail ?
Old 26-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Not quite sure what you are asking ?

Is there any chance of going into more detail ?

Yeah sure, Ive been dowsing for 20 years, and never once bothered to look for water... I use it to help with decisions, do tarot readings, even ask 'which street has the best car parks available right now?' kind of things, foods, lost objects and all sorts... Its not 100%, but Id have to say that its over 90%, maybe more, in terms of its accuracy. I for one dont believe for a moment that whatever is going on can be explained by our current understanding of science/physics. Maybe one day science will realise that maybe it doesnt know everything, and we can stop using the word 'unscientific' in a derogatory sense...