Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Master
How do you know jesus really existed?

I come across various peoples comments about did Jesus exist or was christianity some made up thing.

The story of Jesus is pivotal about his coming back to life 3 days later and appearing to many hundreds of people as risen from the dead.

Now as for making up the religion and falsifying his resurrection, all the disciples and Paul were subject to imprisonment and being flogged. most if not all died a martyrs death. nobody dies for a fable. Those guys saw something amazing worth dying for.

Jesus lived died and was who he said he was.

It is real, nobody can give up their lives and suffer for that which is not true.

He fed the thousands via miracles..they all knew. If the stories written were untrue they would have been stopped.

jesus changed the world forever.. with love.. and his own suffering..he wanted for others not himself..
Old 19-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
How do you know jesus really existed?

Common knowledge? ... is there anyone on this earth who has not heard of him?
Old 19-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Common knowledge? ... is there anyone on this earth who has not heard of him?
you would be amazed how many young people now question this.
I witnessed a school kid in front of his peers proclaing "if jesus really existed" with all his 17 year old wisdom.
I said to him do you believe Julius caesar and Pythagorus existed? he looked at me in amazement at my apparently stupid statement. I asked him where is your evidence they existed? You could imagine the response I got. I did not ask him more coz he is a kid and does not know. But I told him Jesus has more documentation In ancient history than any other person who ever lived to prove hois existence.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Master
The gospels were written down decades after Jesus supposedly lived. This is like having someone from this year write the first story about J.F. Kennedy (which means it gets interpreted in a later fashion). The Bible only has four gospels, and then there are other gospels outside of it. The biblical gospels even contradict one another on various points, written by people who weren't there to witness it. They wrote down what they heard on the streets.. It's about speculation and interpretation.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
The gospels were written down decades after Jesus supposedly lived. This is like having someone from this year write the first story about J.F. Kennedy (which means it gets interpreted in a later fashion). The Bible only has four gospels, and then there are other gospels outside of it. The biblical gospels even contradict one another on various points, written by people who weren't there to witness it. They wrote down what they heard on the streets..

It is about speculation and interpretation.
Nobody dies for that. Would you surrender your life for something not real. Those guys saw Jesus rise from the dead.
Believe it my freiend it is real.

Thier sacrifice is why I wrote this in honour of them.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Rivendoah

Know one knows for sure... though many believe they do... each to his own I suppose...
Old 19-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
nobody dies for that. Would you surrender your life for something not real. Those guys saw Jesus rise from the dead.
believe it my freiend it is real.
Thier sacrifice is why I wrote this in honour of them.
This is a matter of belief.

There have been many fantastical stories in the ancient world. People had no cameras and most couldn't even write or read. As stories were mostly oral, they got changed and probably became more amazing along the way. I think the ''resurrection'' wasn't physical but more of a mystical personal experience.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
This is a matter of belief.

There have been many fantastical stories in the ancient world. People had no cameras and most couldn't even write or read. As stories were mostly oral, they got changed and probably became more amazing along the way. I think the ''resurrection'' wasn't physical but more of a mystical personal experience.
there is a lot of lame fanciful theories abot what happened and thats all they are.

If it was a made up story would so many die for it... Think about it. they were crucified upside down and tortured. some were stoned to death by jews and Romans John was boiled in hot oil.
I just spent lot of time researching this. their lives they gave up to tell us what they saw. :(
Many who have tried to prove this all false are now believers.
With all our current and past knowledge nobody has succeeded.

Because Jesus lived and was who he said he was.

The girls found him with the tomb empty and one was a previousgirl of il repute- Mary. If you madea story up the last person you would use in them days was a woman for an eye witness. They were low in society. A made up story would use a man as a witness.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Master
Well, why do so many people believe Muhammed was a just leader? Why did so many people believed the earth was flat? Why do so many people believe that hell is real?

The people were convinced by the stories. The idea of one God who is the God of all can provide the people with a sense of unity against friend or foe. The idea of a Saviour in times of peril, poverty, and what more is attractive as well. Yes, people can go to great lengths to keep the faith alive, which gets even more powerful when the scriptures themselves preach it and have examples of those who went before the believer who also had doubt, but yet kept on moving or were convinced by 'God' etc. Like when a Christian approaches a doubter they may say.. ''You remind me of Job''. Stuff like that.

I am not saying Jesus did not exist.. but quantity and conviction isn't sufficient.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, why do so many people believe Muhammed was a just leader? Why did so many people believed the earth was flat? Why do so many people believe that hell is real?

The people were convinced by the stories. The idea of one God who is the God of all can provide the people with a sense of unity against friend or foe. The idea of a Saviour in times of peril, poverty, and what more is attractive as well. Yes, people can go to great lengths to keep the faith alive, which gets even more powerful when the scriptures themselves preach it and have examples of those who went before the believer who also had doubt, but yet kept on moving or were convinced by 'God' etc. Like when a Christian approaches a doubter they may say.. ''You remind me of Job''. Stuff like that.

I am not saying Jesus existed or not.. but quantity and conviction isn't sufficient.
would you die for that which is not true?