Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Master
tommylama, no need to be defensive. In my post I was not addressing anything which you had previously said rather I was addressing the question of the original poster, youngnostic. Still, I think it bears repeating the last sentence of my post, and as Greenslade has also pointed out, “Words and theories, when perpetuated, have a way of taking on a life of their own.” An admittedly, I have perpetuated the theory of ego as well.

Peace
Old 23-06-2018, 01:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
tommylama, no need to be defensive. In my post I was not addressing anything which you had previously said rather I was addressing the question of the original poster, youngnostic. Still, I think it bears repeating the last sentence of my post, and as Greenslade has also pointed out, “Words and theories, when perpetuated, have a way of taking on a life of their own.” An admittedly, I have perpetuated the theory of ego as well.

Peace

I wasn't being defensive, I just wanted to clarify my position. This is one of the most important issues for us to solve. I admit that the point of view of the esotericist is not one that a scientist would support, because much of what has been written by the Masters is nothing more than speculation in the eyes of science. But science does not provide answers to the problem. All the problems of humanity can be solved by following the guidelines presented by the Masters. To reiterate, the notion that we exist as separate entities is an illusion. There is only unity in the cosmos. One only has to consider that the entire differentiated universe can be broken down into a sea of energy. It is the energy which unifies all things, and perhaps the energy represents the spiritual nature which underlies the forms. The fact that humans identify themselves as separate and distinct entities is the whole problem. We cannot see past the illusion. The element within us that is responsible for the separateness is our lower self or ego. It will defend its right to be separated from others until it is dead. As long as we entertain the notion that we exist as separated beings, we will defend our selfish behavior. Selfish behavior WILL generate bad karma. There is no future in separation and selfishness. While not provable, these premises are very logical. To argue against this logic is to take the side of the separated ego. All of human suffering is caused by separated egos behaving in a self-centered manner. Humanity has reached a point in its evolution where selfishness must come to an end. Is it that hard to embrace everyone in the world as a brother or sister? All bigotry and racism and prejudice is a function of separated egos thinking they are better than other separated egos. Let go of your hatreds and recognize that every single human being is just like you. Every one of us is on a difficult road and every one of us appreciates a helping hand or even just a smile. Hatred will generate the very worst karma imaginable. I don't care who you are, what color, what creed, how much money you have, there is nothing which makes you better than anyone else. Even the worst criminal in history is a child of God and deserves your love. People make difficult choices and go down questionable paths because they don't know better, and the Lords of Karma will ensure that they are punished accordingly. Just love people and care about them and help them whenever possible. The Lords of Karma love to reward such behavior.
Old 23-06-2018, 05:19 AM
Master
tommylama,Buddha was also considered a "Master" and he did not believe in such a thing as "ego," nor do most Buddhists believe in something called a "soul." Not all spiritual masters believe in, or teach, the same thing, i.e. Jesus was a master and so was Krishna, and according to their respective documentation their teachings are not the same.

My point is that people use the word "ego," regardless whether they are considered a master, a scientist, or whatever, and the word "ego" originated with Sigmund Freud. It has nothing to do with whether a person likes or agrees with Freud or not, they still use his terminology when referring to the human mind. Now people may use the word ego in different ways putting forth different models of how the ego works, etc., ways that are different from Freud's model, but nonetheless, just by referring to the word "ego" we are perpetuating the theoretical concept of ego. It does not matter whether a person is a scientist or considered a master, what matters is that they are referring to the same concept only in different ways.

What you are talking about is process and what I am talking about is content.

I studied the five most populated religions in this world, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam, and I looked for their similarities, not their differences. Human beings seem to focus more on differences than they do similarities, and that is where most disagreements and even wars come from, and even though humans may mostly focus on differences, we humans have much more in common than we do that is different, regardless of our titles or salutations, regardless whether we are scientists or spiritual leaders, etc.

Personally I do not believe that what we are talking about here in this thread is "one of the most important issues to solve." I do not see anything that needs to be solved, rather I see a discussion with varying points of view and I embrace diversity and do not believe that there is only one way of looking at things. There is nothing to solve. There are more important issues in this world than this discussion we are having here. We each have our own truth and each person will know the truth by finding it for themselves. I respect what you have shared, and I can show that respect without agreeing with what you have shared. Spiritual truths are extremely intimate and it is not necessary for me to have people agree with my truth.

I am somewhat of a Gnostic and have had many out-of-body experiences. I base my truth on my experiences as well as my studies. We each have our own truth and the basis of our truth. The Bible is the basis of truth for most Christians, the Koran for most Muslims, the Bhagavad-Gita for most Hindus, the Torah for most Jews, and the Four Noble Truths for most Buddhists. It seems you base your truth on the works of Alice A. Bailey and Helena Blavatsky, and I respect that.
Old 23-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
But science does not provide answers to the problem. All the problems of humanity can be solved by following the guidelines presented by the Masters.
Science provides answers as to how the problems can occur in the first place, basically it's down to how our heads are wired and what we've been through. The problems have also been created through quite a long list of associated factors - societal factors included - and has become reality through a process that Spirituality won't even touch. Really, Spirituality has few answers to any of this. Jesus tried it two thousand years ago and even he couldn't change the tide of human nature.

The other part of the problem is that often only a very small part of the picture is looked at, even though Spiritual people can do 'ultimate reality' discussions. If the problem is going to be solved then the best way to do that is, as Spirit, just stay away yet here we are anyway. Stop reincarnating and the problems stop. What does that tell you? So many fundamental cornerstones of Spirituality have been forgotten in discussions like this - the main one being that "we are here to learn the lessons" or "we are here to grow Spiritually." It's only by having feelings about racism and how it affects us that we grow Spiritually, and the only way you can learn forgiveness is for me to call you an idiot. For example purposes only.

If your Spirituality is about the ideologies and theologies then you're pretty much doomed from the get-go, if it's about your existential experience than you're on a whole different planet.

So we have a Karmic Agreement in which I punched you on the nose, which would then inspire you to take karate lessons so it didn't happen again. If I didn't punch you on the nose, what would the Lords of Karma say about that? Granted there's the assumption that you believe in such things, but the point is to not be myopic and start thinking a little bit further than good or bad, because IMHO that's at the root of your argument.

Regardless of how "We Are One" and phrases of that ilk, you have those beliefs and I don't. You think that way about what's going on in the world and I don't and that makes you conscious of that and makes me conscious of this. There is also Free Will, and like it or not this is what people are doing with their Free Will. What's going through the Mind of God?

If you are Spiritual and 'they' aren't, how Spiritual are you? The Universe is the way it is for its own reasons and the real question is not that it's less than ideal perfection, the real question is what are the reasons you perceive it the way you do? Because like it or not, perceptually we are separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
One only has to consider that the entire differentiated universe can be broken down into a sea of energy. It is the energy which unifies all things, and perhaps the energy represents the spiritual nature which underlies the forms.
If you're going down the energy route..... The undifferentiated is the sea of energy or more accurately the quantum probability field, we are a critical mass of energy of that field that creates a torsion field in much the same way as a black hole is created. What's not known is how consciousness comes into that equation. What is known is that we hallucinate our conscious reality and it's as much about what's inside us - the way our brains are hard-wired, emotions, past experiences and our perceptions of them etc - as it is about any external influences. However, the torsion fields that we are creates our consciousness to perceive itself as a singularity initially, then later on there's the processing of information that we're not the only being in the Universe and that leads to the concept of "We Are One."

All the things you said must come to an end are the results of the interactions between energy fields, and essentially you could say that you -we all - are a synapse in the Mind of God. Interestingly enough that leads us right back to Spirituality.
Old 23-06-2018, 10:12 AM
boshy b. good

that things be funny in regard
to adimosity. other than that
i'd don't note that ego.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 23-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 23-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Master
Hello,

This discussion is interesting for me.

It brings up similar topics and/or points that seem to come up in such discussions.

To me, terms or word are reference points in order to convey thoughts, points of views, or focal points.

In breaking down the individual into parts in its own way creates diversities with in the self. If some parts are preferred over others, then divisions are created.

In the wholeness there is no ego, there is no higher/lower, there is existence of the individual, IMO.

Yes, goals may be created in order to have some sort of direction, if desired.
One may become aware/conscious of aspects within oneself, what may occur within ones life. But, how it is interpreted, understood, and projected out into the world and with in oneself, seems to indicate an individual is there.

In essence, may be just ethereal or energy, but in this manifestation of being Human, what does it mean? Seems no one answer and meaning found in what living life here may bring.

Which leads my thoughts to reflect upon what appears to have been created through our existence here. Looking at what little I know and observe, it still shows that it has to do with more then what is thought about it and/or even realized. For there always appears to more to explore and comes forth.

The understanding of self seems in some ways a construct in and of itself. How one views oneself seems to be affected by what one understands, influences of varying kind (family, ancestry, society, ect.). Which creates a mind set/thoughts in regards to how self is or is not, IMO.

So, it seems a complexity has been formed in our interactions.

In what I have experienced it mainly has been cause and effect and how am able to adjust/adapt. Sometimes, my self affects these occurances and sometimes it is just what happens.

Point being, "ego" is a reference. Most times has very little to do with what nature may do, only in referring to the aspect in regards to my thinking process. As I understand it.

There is a self/individual, that just creates diversity in the creative movements. There is more then just this self, which will go on after this life. Both, are with in and of this life, but not all that life manifests and reflects unto us and itself.

If one reaches a point that further enhances ones life, helps heal, helps overcome past pains and sufferings, then I say more power to you. But, as I realize it takes effort to create change and manifest these into my life and thoughts.

Just wanted to express this.

Last edited by Moonglow : 23-06-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 23-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Badcopyinc

It is 100% possible to not have an ego.

If one works hard enough at not having an ego they will be successful. But their ego will have them as a result.

I’d much rather have an ego than my ego having me.