Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Kepler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguy423
That is what I thought to be the case as well... But further researching about Schrodingers dead cat proved otherwise... When the detector detects the particle say... even after the fact... the result in the detector is still a wave... until upon you look at it and it collapses into a result. To see what the result is without being conscious of it is impossible, because you cannot look at it without actually looking at it.... Crazy I know... but that is the analogy... or the reality... depending what you believe.
This is the classic von Neumann scheme measurement problem in QM, and is precisely what is addressed in the Yu & Nikolic paper I linked to previously.

Quote:
The reason for my view is that I keep thinking about the pseudo science experiments whereby random dices or marbles or whatever is rolled dropped or whatever ... and their patterns examined.

First done without someone in the room... then done with someone watching... and some experiments have shown signs of conscious influence... this is by no means acceptable proof... even for me... but I have an open mind.
Do you have a source for this? Looks interesting.

Quote:
According to quantum de-coherence... the consciousness of the observer would actually cause the waves to all snap into one place which would result in showing the exact location of where the pebble entered the pond.
"According to quantum decoherence" how? Do you have any sources about how decoherence is caused by consciousness?

Quote:
I'm not saying that de-coherence needs consciousness to occur... but consciousness causes de-coherence or seems to... (the seems to, cannot be proven either way).
Why does it seem to? Again, do you have a source? And why do you say "it can't be proven either way?"

I usually try to provide relevant links in all of my posts, backing up my assertions. It would be helpful if you did the same.

Thanks for the posts, whoguy.