Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 02-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Master
exploding head syndrome or something else?

As if I don't already have enough sleeping issues like waking up randomly in the middle of the night or barely being able to sleep at all, something else is bothering me. So last night when I was on the edge of being awake and asleep, some strange sound like a whoosh as if something big flew over my head, suddenly woke me up. I wasn't really scared, but still it isn't in my best interest to wake up like that again and miss a lot of sleep. Sometimes instead of hearing something, I feel a shock or shiver that woke me up, so it may probably be related to each other.
I will search for the emerald sword
Old 04-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
I've also had things that wake me up usually just after I have first started to drift off to sleep. Sometimes it's been like a branch that hit my face, or a sudden noise, or a flash of light, or a shock to my body or something.

That happens quite rarely for me but it does happen occasionally. Usually it's when I am very tired (exhausted) but also a bit sleep deprived and strung-out about something. (i.e. nervous tension of some kind.)
When we are starting to drift off to sleep, that is a semi-conscious state named the "hypnogogic" state. We are not quite asleep but not quite awake either. The hypnogogic state is notorious for these disturbances, or even hallucinations of one kind or another (not always negative in content.)
Have you ever had that thing happen where you are just about to fall asleep and your whole body jerks? That is one of those hypnogogic thingumibobs.

Are we perceiving something from another dimension? Perhaps the denser dimension closest to Earth? I honestly don't know. But it's usually something we don't have much in common with, so the odd time that happens doesn't amount to a lot in my estimation.

Disturbed sleep and being over-tired can be the cause. Stress....worry....lack of food or too much food....too much coffee....disrupted sleep-wake cycles....all make it worse.

But a full day, with some good physical exercise, and decent food, and preferably a regular routine of bed time and wake up time, can help to drift off into a normal restful sleep.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Ascender

It's happened to me twice. About five years ago. The first time it was an extremely loud buzzing, sharp and frightening and the second time it was the clashing of cymbals. Both times I nearly hit the ceiling in shock.
Both times it was as I was lying dozing, the first time before going to sleep and the second time after I had awakened. Both times it was terribly loud, and seemed to take place about three feet above the left hand side of my head.
I've had it since but in a very subdued manner. Alarm clock going off, telephone ringing, a buzzing sound - but all harmless.

I googled it and soon found what I was looking for.

What amazes me is that it seems as if the brain projects these sounds outwards so you seem to hear them not in the head but through the ears.

Very odd.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:57 AM
Suspended

Конвертируем FLAC В MP3 В Mac OS

Old 30-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Master
iv had nites lk it on off

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔