Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 19-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

The trouble is I am still troubled by the notion of wishful thinking/seeking comfort
, I think all the evidence for Survival can be distorted to fit the believer or the sceptic. Im about 50/50 on it all. On a good day 60/40 maybe.

What if the actual truth of your higher nature and your existence was in fact comforting? Could you handle that if it was? At what point might you allow yourself to embrace it and feel comforted?

(You don't have to respond to these questions - just throwing them out there to promote thought/contemplation)

Old 19-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Knower
Thank you for sharing metal68, My thoughts were with you as you shared your loss of your mother, someone to whom had been and always will be cared, loved and most dear to you. As I read I felt a profound call out from within to what now may seem for you as an unknown and uncertain world.

Grieving is a process naturally for us all to go through, looking for the one you love forms part of this process, understandably the love held for another can cause so much turmoil and uneasiness after their loss, the time for the grieving process subtly nurtures and kindly looks after us as we grow through these most indescribable painful times.

Your questioning in this way today may have contributions from the time you first became aware that one day you would no longer exist. This is often in young childhood through innocent exploration or by experiencing your first loss of another without explanation or understanding as to why.

How you created meaning on the discovery of death as a child could colour your understanding for the rest of your life, until that initial creation of meaning and understanding at the time of discovering that we die is uncovered again, looked at and a new meaning had been created to replace what could have been a misunderstanding about death in childhood.

Consider when you reflect on looking outwards for answers, maybe quietly reflect on your words and you may come to see that the same kind of questions could be still coming from that young boy who discovered death without any understanding, to ask; ‘what happens’, ‘Is this all that I am’, ‘Is there nothing more beyond me’ and ‘Where will I go when I die?’ a passing of a loved one could trigger the resurfacing of these fears of death etc.

It is difficult to lose someone so close and can be one of the hardest things to experience and recover from, to wonder where has this person gone before me with whom I had just spoken to can be such a overwhelming moment to comprehend with a pain so deep most personal to you, in time for people do recover, time varies for each of us, but at some point we arrive there. The way life changes within this period can cause so much upheaval, our actions can be completely alien of who we are or were, while our precious loss is being absorbed.

How this period is for you, consider talking as bravely and openly as you feel comfortable to do, allowing and letting go, experiencing and asking all the questions your heart desires. The question ‘is this the way to be’ may not provide a satisfying answer, but growing through this season matters more so that it is taking you through, to one day surface from the other side. I wish for you to arrive at that place when for you the heart is fulfilled with all the healing deserved..
Old 20-07-2015, 04:01 AM
nimsjo

Scared of Emptiness

I am not that afraid of death but I am more afraid of emptiness in my life. A life without any aim or without anything to do is near to death.
Our loved ones complete our life and they give us a motivation to move on. It is good to have an aim in life and fulfil all your dreams before you die, so that you do not fear death and regret anything about your life.
Old 21-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Master
No. I'm not afraid of death itself, I used to but not anymore.

I actually think that death can be a very comfortable state of being ( literally)

Death would only scare me because of the earthly things I haven't done yet and because of the people whom I would leave behind .
Old 22-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Pathfinder

Not scarred of death, just the way it might happen. Would rather someone had to tell me I died than go through a horrific death.
Actually I'm more scared of a long life. Getting old is a *****.
Old 22-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
No I'm not scared of dying but I am a bit of a wuss about illness, and am scared of 'death' hurting like heck.....
Old 23-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Master
not lk i usd 2 be only thng i worrry abot is rotn in helll pr brnin helll coz of thngs iv fid did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Knower

I'm in the 'not scared off death itself, just hoping it'll be quick & painless' camp : )

There are some lovely books on NDEs, but none better than Elizabeth Kubler-Ross ones on childrens experiences. Every kid relates their experience with joy & excitement. What a gift, knowing without doubt that there's a place of love waiting on the other side.

'In my fathers(?mothers) mansion there are many rooms'. There are many layers or planes (rooms) back 'home'. We go to the room where we vibrate in harmony to. Some planes aren't as nice as others. Imagine living in a den full of thieves, rapists & worse. We earn (deserve) where we go between incarnations. Just a part of our education.
Once we have learnt to reject violence & hate in our lives, we return to rest (holiday) in a level that's like 'heaven', before the next incarnation.
Some don't have to come back again; wouldn't that be nice : )
Old 16-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes without a doubt.
Just the uncertainty of it all.
Death is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe, it's amazing that over all these years that no one has been able to solve this mystery.
All we have is speculation.
And it is this that scares me the most about death, because I have absolutely no idea what to expect.
Old 27-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Nettles

Nope, not in the least bit. I have a pretty good idea about how and when it will happen.