Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 17-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Experiencer

When Your Twin Flame Smokes

My TF has the habit of smoking (regular tobacco) and I absolutely cringe at it.

Through my spiritual awakening years ago I have eliminated everything that causes harm to my physical body such as alcohol, tobacco, junk food, etc.

He doesn't smoke when he is with me though and he says he wishes to stop smoking.

Of course I still want to be with him, but to me that makes me really cringe at that habit because of all the toxins he's putting into his body.

Any advice? Thank you.
Old 17-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Master
Don't try to change him. He will either change his habits or not, you cannot change someone, nor should you try or want to. One of the most important things in love and relationships is to accept the other as is. Not as you want them to be. And if he doesn't and it is unbearable to you, you'll have to move on and find someone who is a match and who holds similar norms & values concerning health and so on.
Old 17-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Guide

I was still a smoker when I met my TF... I told him I had quit -which is the only outright lie I have told him (there was one more, by omission). In any case, I think he figured out I was a smoker but he was kind enough to not discuss this further and he had made it clear that he was okay with it either way. I knew though that it meant a lot to him if I did not smoke, so a few months later, I quit. It's been a year and a few months and even though he did not know I quit at the time I did, I felt his support all along the first few difficult months.
Old 17-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Maybe gift him some cleaner and fresh tobacco? I believe they sell exceptional organic brands in smoke shops. Could be he smokes a cheap, filtered brand.

Although, just my personal opinion ( don't shoot and bury me) smoking tongues are just absolutely nasty to kiss. Good thing these connections are on a energetic level
Old 17-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Experiencer

Guys, I have not judged him or asked him to change. I didn't even do any comments about it.

He knows I do not smoke and why, but I leave it to him. I know this connection for what it is and that smoking is just a 3D stuff. it is not a deal breaker by any means.
Old 17-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account
My husband sometimes expresses concern... lol if I have been drinking too much... or if I haven't left the house in a while to go for my routine swims...(he worries that i might be depressed if I don't leave the house or anxious if I am drinking too much).

He isn't judgmental of me in his tone... and still expresses love...more just feeling concerned about my health. Which os fair enough... he wants to see me happy and around for a long time lol.
Old 17-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Lorelyen

Try him out on e-cigarettes. No smell, no tobacco, just nicotine with none of the cigarette toxins. No smell in the house or on clothes. In the UK, about 1/5 the cost of tobacco cigarettes.
A new word was coined: "vaping," (after the fact that taking a puff is drawing in water vapour which is breathed out as pseudo-smoke).

They're very good for those who want to quit....

....well, sometimes. l use them though I haven't smoked in years! I did while at college but never more than about 5 a day. Perhaps there's that residual memory of the pleasure of relaxing with a cigarette, something non-smokers can never appreciate. Anyway, they come in different strengths (and flavours) so you can gradually cut down.

So there is a danger that because they're as near harmless as you can get that you stay on them!