Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcacher
This is an interesting thread. The only thing I personally don't believe in is the idea that not all people are twin flames. I'm not sure that is what they meant but it did seem that way.

I agree insofar that that truly no-one is the 'other half' of someone else as we can each find our own perfection within ourself and a blissful connection with someone else irrespective of a given label.

So the beautiful connection the OP refers to can be felt by anyone and isn't just exclusive to the notion of Twin Flames. As anyone can experience this type of loving connection once they open their very heart and soul to it - by discovering who they are.

Where it is about how each of us feels deep within ourselves in all aspects of our relationships with others

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 20-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I disagree that spiritual, telepathy, psychic dreams, ect...Are new age necessary. That is just stuff that happens to me, for my whole life, not because I'm trying to follow new age.
Just because you have created your own particular belief-paradigm about these things, doesn't make them less new age. There are really two ways to approach this and any topic: via the scientific and material explanation; or via the religious and spiritual explanation. Science would speak exclusively about the physical, emotional, mental and psychological. Whereas religion, spirituality and new age would all approach the subject from the spiritual, from the telepathic and psychic, from the dream/vision perspective.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Just because you have created your own particular belief-paradigm about these things, doesn't make them less new age. There are really two ways to approach this and any topic: via the scientific and material explanation; or via the religious and spiritual explanation. Science would speak exclusively about the physical, emotional, mental and psychological. Whereas religion, spirituality and new age would all approach the subject from the spiritual, from the telepathic and psychic, from the dream/vision perspective.
If you feel that is the description of spirituality, yes. I however don't. Not everyone who is spiritual or active in that 'field' is telepathic, psychic or has visions. I seriously doubt most are psychic or telepathic.

Starting on your spiritual path does include psychological and emotional development. If you leave that out of the equation it's nothing more than narrow-minded and totally aimless chanting "Ohm" or something.
FOr me the whole meaning of the spiritual path is discovering who you are, cleansing your system from old traumas and pains so you can become more whole. That requires psychology, a helluva lot of it even! It's because of my spiritual development that I started to take a serious interest in psychology and communication skills.
Maintaining a split between science and spirituality is not right and not how it was meant to be. According to the Celestine Prophecy this split never existed, it was created by church as they wanted to have the sole right to spiritual (religious) side of life, as this meant they had the exclusive right and thus an awful lot of power.

Science and spirituality should be friends, not enemies. Like in the past you went to a wise woman when ill for herbal remedies (medicine and thus the science of those days) and she could also do energy healing work (spiritual). BOth in 1 person. A wise woman or shaman would, could, and did counsel people too (science). THis counseling was done with spirit and guides (spiritual). That's how it's supposed to be. We needn't keep these two separate.

I prefer to speak of "personal growth and development" not spirituality. Everyone has a different picture in their mind of what 'spirituality' means. Personal growth and development is pretty clear.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Ok, but that would be A new age belief system, or MY belief system, not THE new age belief system. I'm not sure it's possible to exist without any beliefs at all, would no belief still be a belief, because that is what one is choosing to believe or not.
I am interested in both, science AND spiritual explanations for things, not just tf, and both have merit in many situations, it's not just one or the other.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 20-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
If you feel that is the description of spirituality, yes. I however don't. Not everyone who is spiritual or active in that 'field' is telepathic, psychic or has visions. I seriously doubt most are psychic or telepathic.
If you don't like my scientific vs spiritual/religious breakdown, that's fine. But it changes nothing as per the thread title. It's really quite simple, this list is supposed to be free of new age concepts. Therefore all those new age spirituality concepts don't belong. The list should be focusing on mental and psychological health, emotional growth, physical closeness, and so forth. Whereas there are several points that include ideas having to do with things telepathic and psychic, and dream/visions, and again those are all new age ideas.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Master
This could turn into a fun thread: TF beliefs: New Age, or not New Age? Here's one I read the other day: Being in a TF relationship in this lifetime means this is your last incarnation, and you will never have to come back to earth again.

New Age, or not New Age?
Old 20-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
This could turn into a fun thread: TF beliefs: New Age, or not New Age? Here's one I read the other day: Being in a TF relationship in this lifetime means this is your last incarnation, and you will never have to come back to earth again.

New Age, or not New Age?
Grin, I don't believe meeting and being with your TF is going to be your last life on Earth. I think it's the exact opposite: the beginning of a new cycle. When you look at the purpose of TFs, it's about helping mankind lift their vibration. There's no need to not come back, I think the need to come back is higher, so you can actively help.

And yes, I think last life on Earth would be spiritual as I don't think scientists believe in reincarnation.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey this could turn into a fun thread: TF beliefs: New Age, or not New Age? Here's one I read the other day: Being in a TF relationship in this lifetime means this is your last incarnation, and you will never have to come back to earth again.

New Age, or not New Age?

To pose the question New Age or not New Age, is akin to asking:

Open or narrow minded.

Right or wrong.

Good or bad.

Black or white?

Duality much? Or non-duality?

And begs the question which in my mere narrow view is why should that remotely matter?

Your terminology of New Age is foreign to me.

Dreams? New Age? Dreams have existed since man (Us, we) have been here. Visions? The Shamans (As FairyCrystal brought up into light) and Native People, have vision quested since they were here and began (The us , we),

Telepathy? Believe it or not it exists in spite of what you or anyone else deems to be New Age.

How else when I think to my father- Hey!!! Jackwagon!!! Need you to pick something up at the store for me while you are out at the store, buddy!!!"

And it consistently shows up, and he states I was at the store and got the feeling to get this or someone wanted. Do you know what that's about? I respond usually with I see you got what I asked for!

And TwinFlames. Irregardless of how we all see it the concept and I do mean actual concept of two souls has been around in cultures for a long time. Since the us, the we began.

Dopplegangers ever hear of them or that particular terminology?

So please let us keep in mind one's taboo is another's way of life- as with natives, and shamans.. and Humans...

Rehashed arguments of what is deemed New Age or not sound very much to me like pure drivel. Another reason to argue about something.

Who deems spiritual concepts that have been around long before the terms New Age don't belong in the topic of an Op or thread starter in a spiritual forum? Who deems this.

Teach me sensai.

But in all seriousness. Can we perhaps maintain a level of consideration to the thread starter and original topic of the thread without an back and forth hassle over semantics of wording?

No disrespect at all.

Merely confused of what is all the hooplah is about.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Ascender

It still goes back to each person's definition of spiritual. There are examples in the Bible of people having psychic dreams and visions, do you consider the Bible or Christianity/ Catholic to be New Age? If you do, I'll bet many Christians would disagree.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 20-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
To pose the question New Age or not New Age, is akin to asking:

Open or narrow minded.

Right or wrong.

Good or bad.

Black or white?

Duality much? Or non-duality?

And begs the question which in my mere narrow view is why should that remotely matter?

Your terminology of New Age is foreign to me.

Dreams? New Age? Dreams have existed since man (Us, we) have been here. Visions? The Shamans (As FairyCrystal brought up into light) and Native People, have vision quested since they were here and began (The us , we),

Telepathy? Believe it or not it exists in spite of what you or anyone else deems to be New Age.

How else when I think to my father- Hey!!! Jackwagon!!! Need you to pick something up at the store for me while you are out at the store, buddy!!!"

And it consistently shows up, and he states I was at the store and got the feeling to get this or someone wanted. Do you know what that's about? I respond usually with I see you got what I asked for!

And TwinFlames. Irregardless of how we all see it the concept and I do mean actual concept of two souls has been around in cultures for a long time. Since the us, the we began.

Dopplegangers ever hear of them or that particular terminology?

So please let us keep in mind one's taboo is another's way of life- as with natives, and shamans.. and Humans...

Rehashed arguments of what is deemed New Age or not sound very much to me like pure drivel. Another reason to argue about something.

Who deems spiritual concepts that have been around long before the terms New Age don't belong in the topic of an Op or thread starter in a spiritual forum? Who deems this.

Teach me sensai.

But in all seriousness. Can we perhaps maintain a level of consideration to the thread starter and original topic of the thread without an back and forth hassle over semantics of wording?

No disrespect at all.

Merely confused of what is all the hooplah is about.
All that noise, to scold people for making so much noise. Instead scolding, how about we just discuss the thread topic, which has to do with new age versus not new age, and could well include a healthy debate on what could be considered new age.