Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 09-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Guide
Quick Remedy for Nighttime congestion/sinus issues

A friend recommended me to take dark chocolate (at least 83% cacao) before going to bed to help with some nighttime nasal congestion. It helped some, but not as much as I would have liked.

I researched why dark chocolate helped with nighttime congestion and learned that the magnesium in dark chocolate is the key. So I decided to take just some magnesium before bed.

Viola! I took one tablet (650 mg) of magnesium before bed and I have had absolutely no nighttime congestion and have been sleeping WONDERFULLY!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 10-10-2016, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Brilliant, Sojourner! This could really help others with the same problem.
I shall mention this to someone I know who gets 'stuffy' nose when sleeping.
Old 18-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Master

Alternatively, 2 or 3 drop of Olbas Oil on the pillow.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 21-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
Yes Olbas oil is marvellous! It is so strong it would open up anything! LOL
But it is a pleasant fresh smell I think.

Be careful if you put it on your pillow, not to get it in your eyes if you turn your head on the pillow. That happened to me once, and I had to wash out my eyes many times with cold water before they felt better.
Old 21-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Master

A fair point. I use it low down on the pillow. Though you could also put some on a hankie and put it in your pyjama jacket pocket. The rising vapours work wonders.
Olbas Oil is supposed to be pH neutral, but all the same, no, you wouldn't want it in your eye.

Old 27-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator
When I was a little kid and had a cold, my Mama used to rub Vick's on my chest underneath the pyjama top. That usually worked a treat. Could do the same with Olbas oil. If it's TOO strong, maybe it could be mixed with a little moisturiser, vaseline or olive oil.
Old 28-10-2016, 02:35 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A fair point. I use it low down on the pillow. Though you could also put some on a hankie and put it in your pyjama jacket pocket. The rising vapours work wonders.
Olbas Oil is supposed to be pH neutral, but all the same, no, you wouldn't want it in your eye.

I haven't seen a hankie in use since I was a child.

My boys are having this problem. Will check out the oil. Thanks.
Old 29-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Master

Back in the 80s there was a gorilla at London Zoo I think it was and it suffered from terrible nasal congestion, and - I kid you not - the zoo keepers gave it a bottle of Olbas Oil and the gorilla happily sniffed it to clear its sinuses. The company used a picture of the gorilla in their advertising. Worked wonders for sales.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Master
I use a "neti pot" all the time before bed....it makes a huge difference and cut snoring waaaay down!

(Without any drugs whatsoever. ..just water and a little kosher salt)

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 08-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Back in the 80s there was a gorilla at London Zoo I think it was and it suffered from terrible nasal congestion, and - I kid you not - the zoo keepers gave it a bottle of Olbas Oil and the gorilla happily sniffed it to clear its sinuses. The company used a picture of the gorilla in their advertising. Worked wonders for sales.

Brilliant! I don't know how I missed that in the 80s!