Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Knower
Candle Burning

Hello everyone;
I've been burning (3) 7 day candles, two greens (1 for money,1 for open road) and a white candle. I notice they started out burning well and the white candle burn really fast. Now the two greens are burning really slow, and they both looks to be going out, the flame is just that dim. Is there a reason for this? I don't want to bother them, hoping the flame will pick up a burn out normally. All comments are welcome. Thank you

Almondeyez
Old 08-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Master

This is usually taken as a bad sign - it's telling you that it's going to be more difficult than you think for your spell to work or that maybe it'll take longer than you hope - it's like a negative reply from the spirit world.

Sounds like you're working Hoodoo - is that right? If you are you might want to purchase a Road Opener bath sachet to go along with your candle work.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Knower
I only work candles along with reading the psalms or simple spells, that's all I know to do or feel comfortable in doing. I'm reading about candle burning as I go. I don't know anything about hoodoo, but willing to learn. :) thank you

Almondeyez
Old 08-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Master

lol you're practicing Hoodoo without realizing it Hoodoo practitioners use the Bible and the Christian saints to work their magic and some of them are very good at it.

One of the best books is "Working The Root" by Starr Cassas. Momma Starr knows what she's talking about and her book is easy to read and follow.

Another good author on the subject is Orion Foxwood, his book is "The Candle and the Crossroads" and there's a lot of information in it. He's very genuine and in person has a wicked sense of humour and is very likable, as is Momma Starr.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Master
I do a lot of candle spells. This is one of my go-to sites for the meanings of the candle signs. It's fascinating stuff. You can even look at the way the wax burns and pools to see what the candle is telling you. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

@Jenny That book sounds great!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Master

I want to thank you Awakened Queen for posting that site lol I started looking for the whole address and got involved in reading stuff and when I came back here you had posted it

Which book - I think they're both good, lol When I was going through Momma Starr's book it was like I was sitting across the table from her, it kind of reminded me of when I used to sit and talk to my Mom, lol. and the information in it is well worth having. But Orion's book is good too.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I want to thank you Awakened Queen for posting that site lol I started looking for the whole address and got involved in reading stuff and when I came back here you had posted it

Which book - I think they're both good, lol When I was going through Momma Starr's book it was like I was sitting across the table from her, it kind of reminded me of when I used to sit and talk to my Mom, lol. and the information in it is well worth having. But Orion's book is good too.

I love that site!

The Momma Starr book. I'm going to have to look that one up.