Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Matthews
Baile I don't know why you would say this to me. I quoted someone and answered with a short 2 sentence response.
Hi Kate, that wasn't directed at you, just the question in general. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Experiencer

Mathew, the Jews in the Old Testament obviously worshiped one God, but did they possess all wisdom? They were wandering shepherds who sinned often, and mightily. How can the Creator, so complex that he is beyond our comprehension, not have many facets? Creation is a reflection of God, and it is varied, and wonderful. There is an underlying unity in it - patterns, and atomic structure, but when I look at it, I think of Him as the ultimate Artist. If you consider Creation, He has a sense of humor. I came from a background of Dogma, but it "pinches" as I consider the nature of God, Mathew. Dogma is much smaller than God.
Old 31-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
How can the Creator, so complex that he is beyond our comprehension, not have many facets? Creation is a reflection of God, and it is varied, and wonderful.

Yes I agree with you on the above statements. The point of my comment was not to convert anyone or convince someone of changing their faith. I was only pointing out to the OP that there are some religions out there that do not follow a trinity. Yes, the trinity shows up in many various forms in the religions around the world. But it is not part of every religion as it was stated in the OP. There are religions in this forum that do not follow the concept of a trinity for God.

mj
Old 31-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Experiencer

Thank you for the clarity, Matthew. I love discussions that are conducted this way - without rancor, and in a loving spirit. I misunderstood your intent.
Old 31-05-2014, 04:44 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
Yes I agree with you on the above statements. The point of my comment was not to convert anyone or convince someone of changing their faith. I was only pointing out to the OP that there are some religions out there that do not follow a trinity. Yes, the trinity shows up in many various forms in the religions around the world. But it is not part of every religion as it was stated in the OP. There are religions in this forum that do not follow the concept of a trinity for God.

mj

"Behold--oh Israel--The Lord our God...The Lord is One!"

That beings said...there are definite Female influences--such as the Shekinah.

She is considered by some to be the Countenance of God...aka The Holy Spirit.

Just as Metatron is The Voice of God--The Shekinah is the Light of God.

The Jews believe that Intermediaries are necessary...when dealing with the different aspects of God--because to stand in the (actual) Presence of God--or even to hear God's (actual) Voice...is to be destroyed. The literal translation of EL SHADDAI is....God The Destroyer/Deconstructor.

The 10 Sefirot of the Tree of Light represent the 10 Spheres of Light through which the Power & Actions of God emanate.

So--while the Abrahamic Religion is (definitely) Monotheistic--there are many forces (both Male & Female) working as Intermediaries between the Sphere of God and our material plane of existence.

Peace and Love on your paths to doing your own research and drawing your own conclusions...

Blessed be...
Old 31-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Kate, that wasn't directed at you, just the question in general. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem...I just didn't understand what was up.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
markpattinson902

The three monotheistic religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – all purport to share one fundamental concept: belief in God as the Supreme Being, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Known as “tawhid” in Islam, this concept of the Oneness of God was stressed by Moses in a Biblical passage known as the “Shema”, or the Jewish creed of faith.
Ancient Mayan Predictions