Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Master
Be inspired

Aspire to be yourself through others who inspire you.

Inspiration flows through all life, we find meaning and connections that resonate within ourselves, in so many ways. Life becomes a gift in everyway life is, in this way.

When your listening and connecting to others who have found something that you are inspired by, feel you want to be a part of, feel you might need, want to reach for, connect too, this is a point of recognition that you know, are remembering somewhere within yourself, a reflection to open yourself up to that which your inspired by for you and your own dreams, for your own piece of life creation.

When people are doing something, being something we are inspired by, sometimes we can get caught up in their doing, what they are doing, what they represent and offer in relation to their doing. We see them dancing in something we aspire to know and find within ourselves in some way for ourselves. Sometimes we dance in their achievements and successes, never fully moving deeper in ourselves to build our own success and achievements that are unique to us.

I am someone who is inspired by others and life in everyway they are. Not just in their doing and what they represent on the surface, but also the awareness of what they represent in me deeper. When I am moved by others or life in their doing, I naturally move deeper in myself, listen and feel what activates me deeper within. I always find something, whether it be a limitation or a resonation in feeling to be inspired by for my own movements to open to life in some way.

When people are connected and doing what they love, connected to their own unique piece and creation, we feel something, we can open to our own uniqueness and forward movements, that can move us into the place we are inspired by, through them in feeling and resonation, we dance with them. We become inspired to aspire for more of life in us, that we might not know, might not have felt before, might not have been able to move previously. Life moving life. Creation forging new creation.

Today I am aspiring to move differently, because I allowed my own limitations over the past week to become known through the empowerment of others, through the faces of those dancing with that empowerment and through the willingness to open my heart deeper and make known to me what holds me back from stepping out and letting my own dreams fly.

Sometimes our deepest vulnerabilities that lay within that dance we symbolize as being about others, is our own dance waiting to come to life as us. Unless we allow the dance of others to inspire us deeper, we may find ourselves always dancing in others dancing, never fully aspiring to dance deeper in a dance that is our own uniqueness that has its own ideas, movements and co creative network all their waiting inside us.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Deactivated Account
I read a book a while ago (lol... couldn't tell you what book it was) which said something like this: when you find yourself admiring a quality in another person - look within yourself and see if you yourself may have that same quality - because there is a good chance that it is also within you... it may express itself differently... but it is probably there.

I found that to be a cool excercise and tried it myself a couple of times... it was fun and a revealing way to learn about my own unique expression.
Old 13-12-2017, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I read a book a while ago (lol... couldn't tell you what book it was) which said something like this: when you find yourself admiring a quality in another person - look within yourself and see if you yourself may have that same quality - because there is a good chance that it is also within you... it may express itself differently... but it is probably there.

I found that to be a cool excercise and tried it myself a couple of times... it was fun and a revealing way to learn about my own unique expression.

That's cool.

That point your pointing too makes a good point too about your own unique expression through that admiration...

Everything is within, but if your truly listening to yourself deeper as that reaction, admiration, following of another, then you can open the potential of that "feeling" into action for yourself in some way. It may be expressed differently as you mentioned, but if something moves you in the external, then potentially if you go into yourself deeper it can open you to express it as you in some form of your own uniqueness and creation from all that..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-12-2017, 03:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Dance like nobody is watching ...

Yes - sometimes I have little meditative dance parties with my daughter and sister who are naturally talented dancers (I am not a good dancer but admire other people's style and natural flow and rythum).

If I step out of my own self conciousness and admire their 'beingness' and feel inspired to get into my own beingness than I find my own flow and expression as well - my dancing still never looks as good as other peoples but for a time I allowed myself to be inspired into being

Ps. I adore your signature.
Old 13-12-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Very nicely written and please allow me to share something.

The past week has been a 'spiritual rollercoaster ride' for me.

For the past year and a half, I've suffered with fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and an unspecified neurological disorder (FND) - all due to the inability to convert and express emotions properly...totally exacerbated by a kundalini rising that didn't go so well.

I found myself overwhelmed by the slightest sensory stimuli, having almost daily seizures, being intolerant to a lot of foods and chemicals I wasn't before, jumping out of my skin at the slightest noise or provocation, oversleeping, over carb-ing (putting on 10kgs in the past 3 months) and basically being snappy towards people, irritated and agitated with life...still seeking acknowledgment and approval, neglecting my meditation, my worship of Shiva because I was totally drained out on every level...yada...yada.

I went to see my doctor and my psychiatrist...they said "oh, it's stress...here's some pills...and just meditate, do 'mindfulness' and stuff you enjoy. Yeah, a 'blanket approach' that did not sit well with me...suffice to say, I don't take 'doctor's meds' anyway.

I decided to research this, right down to my very own brain chemistry and bodily functions - I have the ability to fully internalise after my awakening...noticing everything that is going on inside me...and I quickly discovered that it was basically all due to adrenal fatigue and my body producing excess cortisol and then I started to look into herbal supplements called adaptogens.

I started to understand the benefits of going to bed at 8pm and getting up at 4 or 5 am and even avoiding things like self-stimulation. I don't do that very often, but whenever I do, I'm down for the count for days! I understood about cutting out carbs totally, eating more dark red foods and brown rice...no dairy, sugar or wheat products.

I started out with a liver and gallbladder flush yesterday with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, watermelon juice and Himalayan pink salt....I had the best night's sleep that I've had in years!

During all of it, I listened to a continual chanting of the 108 names of the divine goddess, Kali.

I've also been looking into Acceptance Commitment Therapy, doing Balinese Dance - which sorta happens by itself now when I go into trance...my hands start, followed by the rest of my body. I dance like "nobody is watching" but yet, there is One who is and I dance for Him alone, not even being aware that I am dancing...

There's still a lot I have to learn, but I'm getting there, slowly.
Old 13-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Aspire to be yourself through others who inspire you.

Inspiration flows through all life, we find meaning and connections that resonate within ourselves, in so many ways. Life becomes a gift in everyway life is, in this way.

When your listening and connecting to others who have found something that you are inspired by, feel you want to be a part of, feel you might need, want to reach for, connect too, this is a point of recognition that you know, are remembering somewhere within yourself, a reflection to open yourself up to that which your inspired by for you and your own dreams, for your own piece of life creation.

When people are doing something, being something we are inspired by, sometimes we can get caught up in their doing, what they are doing, what they represent and offer in relation to their doing. We see them dancing in something we aspire to know and find within ourselves in some way for ourselves. Sometimes we dance in their achievements and successes, never fully moving deeper in ourselves to build our own success and achievements that are unique to us.

I am someone who is inspired by others and life in everyway they are. Not just in their doing and what they represent on the surface, but also the awareness of what they represent in me deeper. When I am moved by others or life in their doing, I naturally move deeper in myself, listen and feel what activates me deeper within. I always find something, whether it be a limitation or a resonation in feeling to be inspired by for my own movements to open to life in some way.

When people are connected and doing what they love, connected to their own unique piece and creation, we feel something, we can open to our own uniqueness and forward movements, that can move us into the place we are inspired by, through them in feeling and resonation, we dance with them. We become inspired to aspire for more of life in us, that we might not know, might not have felt before, might not have been able to move previously. Life moving life. Creation forging new creation.

Today I am aspiring to move differently, because I allowed my own limitations over the past week to become known through the empowerment of others, through the faces of those dancing with that empowerment and through the willingness to open my heart deeper and make known to me what holds me back from stepping out and letting my own dreams fly.

Sometimes our deepest vulnerabilities that lay within that dance we symbolize as being about others, is our own dance waiting to come to life as us. Unless we allow the dance of others to inspire us deeper, we may find ourselves always dancing in others dancing, never fully aspiring to dance deeper in a dance that is our own uniqueness that has its own ideas, movements and co creative network all their waiting inside us.

I remember a quote from the film "A Peaceful Warrior":

"A warrior is not about perfection, or victory, or invulnerability. He's about absolute vulnerability. That's the only true courage."
Old 13-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Very nicely written and please allow me to share something.

The past week has been a 'spiritual rollercoaster ride' for me.

For the past year and a half, I've suffered with fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and an unspecified neurological disorder (FND) - all due to the inability to convert and express emotions properly...totally exacerbated by a kundalini rising that didn't go so well.

I found myself overwhelmed by the slightest sensory stimuli, having almost daily seizures, being intolerant to a lot of foods and chemicals I wasn't before, jumping out of my skin at the slightest noise or provocation, oversleeping, over carb-ing (putting on 10kgs in the past 3 months) and basically being snappy towards people, irritated and agitated with life...still seeking acknowledgment and approval, neglecting my meditation, my worship of Shiva because I was totally drained out on every level...yada...yada.

I went to see my doctor and my psychiatrist...they said "oh, it's stress...here's some pills...and just meditate, do 'mindfulness' and stuff you enjoy. Yeah, a 'blanket approach' that did not sit well with me...suffice to say, I don't take 'doctor's meds' anyway.

I decided to research this, right down to my very own brain chemistry and bodily functions - I have the ability to fully internalise after my awakening...noticing everything that is going on inside me...and I quickly discovered that it was basically all due to adrenal fatigue and my body producing excess cortisol and then I started to look into herbal supplements called adaptogens.

I started to understand the benefits of going to bed at 8pm and getting up at 4 or 5 am and even avoiding things like self-stimulation. I don't do that very often, but whenever I do, I'm down for the count for days! I understood about cutting out carbs totally, eating more dark red foods and brown rice...no dairy, sugar or wheat products.

I started out with a liver and gallbladder flush yesterday with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, watermelon juice and Himalayan pink salt....I had the best night's sleep that I've had in years!

During all of it, I listened to a continual chanting of the 108 names of the divine goddess, Kali.

I've also been looking into Acceptance Commitment Therapy, doing Balinese Dance - which sorta happens by itself now when I go into trance...my hands start, followed by the rest of my body. I dance like "nobody is watching" but yet, there is One who is and I dance for Him alone, not even being aware that I am dancing...

There's still a lot I have to learn, but I'm getting there, slowly.

Sometimes in life the dance gets intense for us as individuals. Sometimes we have to go alone, sometimes together. I realized something over the past six weeks that even though this journey of self awareness and awakening, requires us to dig deep, listen and move ourselves if we can ongoing into such profound change and movements, its a lonely journey at times. You know reading through your post, it kicked something inside me, showing me how hard it can be, when there is only you pushing through, finding answers, dealing alone, taking new action, being responsible for yourself. I have people around me who care and support, but at the core of this process, I realized I been doing it alone for so long. No matter who I pray too, chant too, read from, connect too, be a part of, its ultimately myself facing and moving through everything. Some people as I mentioned some where else, just live and get on with it, some of us go through profound conscious walks, we deal hard, we cry hard, we have to sort through everything alone to find what we need. I remember for weeks through that six week process, continually saying out loud to myself, "I am tired".

And then I realized why.

Something changed in that time as one I should add. I understand. "There is love" that supports us in ways that we need when we go alone through the process of this deep and difficult journey. Its a love that carries us in ways we cant carry ourselves. Sometimes it is a simply thing. Sometimes more profound. And I also understand, "And there is love".

In the "and there is love" there is an awareness that through the ability to open and express yourself as love and express emotions, something begins to lighten up inside you.

Self love is an ever deepening process as you know, consciously looking and doing for yourself to find an internal point of peace and harmony with your life and balance. Allowing you to do things more effortlessly and lightly, less taxing, heavy and difficult for yourself. More lovingly for yourself, because you reach that deeper level of love that reflects and really feels loved. And wants to love in return because of that deepening of self love.

I know you struggle through so much of the journey. I get it, it can be a long hard road of recovery and reconnection, once you understand and have let go of what you know your not, what contains you, it does get lighter and easier.

Lets celebrate your new step of recovery for you. God knows I know you deserve it.

Disconnection was hard process within me, reconnection was even tougher for me. The two go hand in hand.

Reminds me of this quote I have hanging in my kitchen.

"And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb"

Old 13-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Dance like nobody is watching ...

Yes - sometimes I have little meditative dance parties with my daughter and sister who are naturally talented dancers (I am not a good dancer but admire other people's style and natural flow and rythum).

If I step out of my own self conciousness and admire their 'beingness' and feel inspired to get into my own beingness than I find my own flow and expression as well - my dancing still never looks as good as other peoples but for a time I allowed myself to be inspired into being

Ps. I adore your signature.

That's so lovely even as you doubt your own dancing. The world is full of talented people, they use their gifts and light up the world. Its a beautiful thing.

Stepping into yourself deeper as you do through the inspiration of others dancing, can take you places you never thought you would find in yourself. It may not be the dance everyone else is doing but if your willing to notice yourself as the expression of your being deeper, it can be a huge catalyst of valuing your own self as you are. As you dance. As only you can be as yourself.

PS. Signatures are fun way to express yourself when your not always sure how to yourself. You have inspired me to write my own. Look out!

Old 13-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I remember a quote from the film "A Peaceful Warrior":

"A warrior is not about perfection, or victory, or invulnerability. He's about absolute vulnerability. That's the only true courage."

That's a beautiful quote.

I am aware through my own process how important it has been. How difficult it has been to dig deep into vulnerability. But absolute vulnerability is a whole other level of courage. The more you have stripped away inside, released from the binds of the world, sometimes courage comes more easily and you naturally step forward in the movements of you, open in this way. Absolute vulnerability is the awareness of yourself connected to yourself aware and vulnerable, but also aware of life around you as important to the whole picture you have built as yourself.. To take that into the world as an absolute, it can challenge your awareness of many things you practice as a way of conscious awareness of life and others. Compassion, loving kindness, peace, care of others.

How do you bridge the needs of self (deeper self love) one with all those aspects mentioned, it can stir and inner conflict of how love should be, can be. When human love is missing as you need, (as a conscious shared love) compassion, loving kindness, peace and loving care can only take you so far in the fulfilment of yourself as a life experience. I know many forgo the human aspect of love, to grow in love deeper with a source greater than another human being. They look to God and spirit as their complete source and surrender the human aspect of love. In some ways I feel like I have surrendered human love to build a deeper awareness of myself beyond love, deeper into what we know Buddha nature/true nature becomes. All those things mentioned above and feeling connected as your true self.

But then there is our humanness, human needs in all this. For me they go hand in hand, we cant find that deeper inner contentment one path alone? (so named-spiritual fulfilment) Or can we?

Old 13-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
That's a beautiful quote.

I am aware through my own process how important it has been. How difficult it has been to dig deep into vulnerability. But absolute vulnerability is a whole other level of courage. The more you have stripped away inside, released from the binds of the world, sometimes courage comes more easily and you naturally step forward in the movements of you, open in this way. Absolute vulnerability is the awareness of yourself connected to yourself aware and vulnerable, but also aware of life around you as important to the whole picture you have built as yourself.. To take that into the world as an absolute, it can challenge your awareness of many things you practice as a way of conscious awareness of life and others. Compassion, loving kindness, peace, care of others.

How do you bridge the needs of self (deeper self love) one with all those aspects mentioned, it can stir and inner conflict of how love should be, can be. When human love is missing as you need, (as a conscious shared love) compassion, loving kindness, peace and loving care can only take you so far in the fulfilment of yourself as a life experience. I know many forgo the human aspect of love, to grow in love deeper with a source greater than another human being. They look to God and spirit as their complete source and surrender the human aspect of love. In some ways I feel like I have surrendered human love to build a deeper awareness of myself beyond love, deeper into what we know Buddha nature/true nature becomes. All those things mentioned above and feeling connected as your true self.

Life is strange where the most sensitive is also the most indestructible...

Well human love leaves us most vulnerable, I suppose, and sometimes I wonder if love can be measured by the amount of pain we are willing to go through in making deep emotional attachments. I know we have all been hurt by love, but rather than a true life knowing, we might prefer ideals of spiritual love which is pain free, and be under the notion that attachments are a bad thing. Is it bad, or is it merely painful? Often in spirituality 'suffering' is regarded distainfully, and our ideas of being free from it are sometimes only the bondage of our aversion toward it - but that aversion is the actual suffering - not the pain of attachments...

I wonder how human love could exist apart from the emotional attachment, and entailed pain. We necessarily need to be vulnerable to create meaningful human connection, without fear of that certain pain, and I think the ability to do this does arise from the depth of that spiritual love which itself is indestructible.

Quote:
But then there is our humanness, human needs in all this. For me they go hand in hand, we cant find that deeper inner contentment one path alone? (so named-spiritual fulfilment) Or can we?

Well so I wonder, is the spiritual philosphy on attachment really suffering, or is suffering just the aversion to the pain entailed in making such attachments?