Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Dissociation

Hello all! So, I've been dealing with dissociation for most of my life (if not all of it) and I'm struggling with it more than ever because of the awakening process I am going through. When I've looked into it most sources talk about multiple personality disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc. None of these apply to what I am experiencing.

I've always struggled with being connected to my body. I am an empath, and tend to hyper identify with my emotions. I developed an anxiety disorder a few years ago, which is a combination of picking up other peoples energy but not knowing it, as well as fear about being here. A psychic I saw back in August said a lot of my fear is related to my most recent past life (a little girl that grew up and died during WWII). My feet are often freezing. The same psychic told me I am rarely present in my legs and feet. I've tried grounding meditations, and I love my body and I think this planet is beautiful, but I struggle with connecting to it all.

I've tried to find more information about this, but can't find an answer that will help me. I know it relates to my chakras (particularly the root and crown). Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if you've experienced this too!!

Thanks for reading!
Old 29-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Master
I understand the plight of the empath very well. Its a huge struggle to release the binds within yourself that causes things to stick and stay..The free flow of your whole being is important to the ability to stay more present with what is. It is not easy. Each piece of life will show you how you immerse and feel comfortable or immerse and feel afraid or react. These are the key areas of you that are bound in some way. If your more conscious at this time of both those chakras, I would use that as your starting point of balancing. Lately I have been having great results with other empaths through my reiki practice. You could find one that fits you in your area. There are many ways to open and clear. My suggestion of course is only my own personal experience in both receiving and giving through this means.

It is really finding what works for you. A path that you resonate with that fits you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 29-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Deactivated Account
I have much experience of dissociation myself over the years. This was due to childhood trauma. I actually only started reconnecting with my physical body over the last 5 years or so.... where I could feel parts of my soul essence actually descend and make itself comfortable in my physical body.
It was the first time in my whole life where I remember 'feeling in my body'.

The single best excercise which I have recieved from a psychologist was to notice my body and my surroundings and name 5 things which I can see in my environment and 5 things I can feel on my body - for example feeling my arms and legs resting on the chair and my feet resting on the floor - my trousers touching my legs, things like that.

I found this excercise alone to be tremendously helpful.
Even just spending time looking at my hands or feet and wriggling my toes or noticing my breath started to help me to reconnect with my body.

My psychologist said that dissociation is quite common especially in people who have experienced trauma of some sort. It is a coping mechanism and but once the danger has passed it has become a learned habit and the tendency is to remain in the state until one feels safe to start processing the trauma.
Old 30-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM19

I've tried to find more information about this, but can't find an answer that will help me. I know it relates to my chakras (particularly the root and crown). Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if you've experienced this too!!

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

I use a chakra meditation/exercise for 20 minutes a day. If you would be interested in that, let me know.

I study information from Kryon about how the Smart Body works with us. I have also had personal experiences and spiritual guidance on how I can better understand and integrate these things for me.

One piece of information I found useful was that we all have an energy body which is the same for us from life time to life time. The name for it is the merkaba. Along with our soul and our higher self, it works with us in very particulr ways to assist us with our life expression.

I am not sure how you would qualify 'useful information'. May be if you are more specific about that I can point you to some material. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of channeled messages on that subject.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm experiencing a lot of these too. I don't know either what is happening.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Knower

Has anyone here ever experienced a spiritual emergence? I feel like that can feel like dissociation, if anyone knows where the threads are, I'd really appreciate a sign :-)