Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 20-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' In the Buddha’s teachings the different kinds of rebirth follow depending which door our 'mind' leaves the body and in the best scenario, our consciousness should leave through the crown of our head. '

Can you point me to that teaching please, it's something I have never come across.

Hi sky, this is a quote from sentient's post, not mine.
Old 20-08-2018, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
In the Buddha’s teachings the different kinds of rebirth follow depending which door our 'mind' leaves the body and in the best scenario, our consciousness should leave through the crown of our head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Can you point me to that teaching please, it's something I have never come across.

Look up the Practice of Phowa - it should be there somewhere.
Old 21-08-2018, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Hi sky, this is a quote from sentient's post, not mine.

Sorry, mybe I need new glasses
Old 21-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Look up the Practice of Phowa - it should be there somewhere.

Thanks.........
Old 24-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Master

All these processes and procedures are explained and described in 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead', or (sub-title) 'The After-Death Experiences on the Bardo Plane'.

My copy is very well-thumbed 1978 copy by Dr. W.Y.Evans-Wentz, from Oxford University Press.

It tells you everything you need to know seen from Evans sitting for years at the feet of a Tibetan läma.
Old 25-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Master
For those who still look for heaven and hell a little story by Inelia Benz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=runN_1F5uRo&t=26s
Old 09-10-2018, 12:32 AM
Experiencer
Atheists aren't any more likely to end up in Hell than anyone else.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:40 AM
Pathfinder
No, the genuine Atheist [a-theism does not mean materialism] will not go to hell, because the Atheist is closer to Divine Truth than he realizes.

There is a theological school of thought, which I personally use, called "Via Negativa," which basically takes the path of denying or negating God as a way to come to an understanding of what God is. Google: "Apophatic Theology."

A quick quote that aptly describes Via Negativa, from the Wikipedia article regarding Apophatic Theology:

"We do not know what God is. God Himself does not know what He is because He is not anything [i.e., "not any created thing"]. Literally God is not, because He transcends being." -- John Scotus Erigena

The Atheist is just one step behind the natural philosopher and Buddhist. The Atheist will say to themselves: "God does not exist." And the natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that line of thought one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of non-existence?"

The Atheist will say: "I don't believe in God because he is nowhere to be seen or observed." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of Nowhere?"

The Atheist will say: "God is not real." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity of Non-reality?"

The Atheist will say: "God is nothing." The natural philosopher and Buddhist will take that line of thought one step further and ask: "Then what is the quiddity/suchess of No-Thingness [sunyata]?"
Old 13-02-2019, 12:30 AM
ImthatIm

Turn on the LOVE/LIGHT and the boogieman disappears.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Master
The true and actual reality is about the timeless, and eternity. Spirit, involving the Almighty.

This material and organic situation is about consequences of a fall.
Our origins, ( and our actual situation ), is in the angelic, and Spirit, involving eternity, and the timeless.
Scripture states, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

You cannot deny your fallen and sinful situation in the end, and judgement is a result.
"But God has laid upon Him, the iniquity of us all."

Jesus became the Lamb of Atonement for our sakes. "The just for the unjust, to bring us to God."
God is the author of Salvation.

One needs to acknowledge their fallen and sinful situation in order to repent, and to receive the perfection of Jesus, placed upon them by God to avoid coming judgement.
"For God so loved the world..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein