Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Erebus

Odd reiki experience.

My gf learned to be a reiki master in India this past year and she has been teaching me over the last two months.

I have completed my level one and recently did a mini-session on her to alleviate a pain in her neck (she commonly has it and believed it is due to a closed throat chakra). As I was lying next to her with my hand close to her neck, I suddenly felt the connection that occurs when it begins....but some weird things began to happen. I started to speak in a strange language (not even a language...it sounded almost snake-like). The words were not coming from me but rather through me. While this was happening, I could visualize white light attempting to target her throat but whatever it was I was seeing was fighting me. The sounds became more pronounced and almost chant-like. I could see a darkness in her throat becoming distorted and twisted but not relinquishing the hold. I then came to a realization that it would not be the light that would calm it but my voice. I continued to "speak" to it in this snake tongue and it seemed as if our energies melded.

This went on for about 5 mins or so at which time, it was as if we reached a mutual point of calmness.

Can anyone make sense of this??
Old 13-01-2011, 05:05 AM
sidewalk_bends

Look past the voice and past the light.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:12 AM
dogninja

the voice may have been saying " stop doing reiki " unless you are a very perfected soul.... how does one become a master of reiki, how long does that take?
Old 13-01-2011, 05:46 AM
TheDivine

I'm a Reiki master and I no longer practice. I don't think it's universally a good thing like we've been taught it is. Some people have complex energy pathways that have taken years to develop, and Reiki simply clears them all away in one swoop of the hand. Sometimes those energy pathways are needed as part of one's work. Clearing is not ALWAYS what is needed, but practitioners are taught that Reiki can do no harm.

We really have no idea what exactly happened to Usui Mikao up on the mountain. There are so many variations to the story. We heard the stories about his journey up, his fast, and when he received insight - but where did those insights come from? I remember in my level 1 class, the teacher said it was akin to Jesus receiving the power of healing with the hands from God. Since then, I have done spirit work and I've encountered some truly monstrous beings. Even angels (like the Enochian spirits) can have specific agendas. There are so many different beings that can bring insight.

Who or what was giving him the symbols? And now, we have thousands of people around the world carving those symbols into people's auras as part of the Reiki initiations, in secret rituals which only masters know. These are basically energetic tattoos that will never go away. We also use those symbols in day to day healing sessions with patients, writing them in air above their bodies and imagining that they are penetrating a person's energy. What exactly is it that we are doing to people? Do we even know for sure?

I'm not saying that Reiki is bad news or something. It does help people hone their intentions on a spirit and energy level, but I vehemently disagree with those who think it can only do good. As a practitioner I sometimes met people who became ill after receiving Reiki. My teachers would dismiss this with very vague explanations.

Reiki is a special energy. It is channelled. It is not simply "universal healing energy". Every human has that energy and you don't need a Reiki attunement to use it. Faith healers the world over do it all the time. Reiki is a different kind of energy. We don't know the source. We don't know where it originated. People are just using it, and many are using it blindly... and mostly, people who get attuned receive those attunements simply because they have the money.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I am EXTREMELY cautious now when it comes to Reiki. I myself have had a negative clearing experience that undid years of work.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:53 AM
sidewalk_bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
I'm a Reiki master and I no longer practice. I don't think it's universally a good thing like we've been taught it is. Some people have complex energy pathways that have taken years to develop, and Reiki simply clears them all away in one swoop of the hand. Sometimes those energy pathways are needed as part of one's work. Clearing is not ALWAYS what is needed, but practitioners are taught that Reiki can do no harm.

We really have no idea what exactly happened to Usui Mikao up on the mountain. There are so many variations to the story. We heard the stories about his journey up, his fast, and when he received insight - but where did those insights come from? I remember in my level 1 class, the teacher said it was akin to Jesus receiving the power of healing with the hands from God. Since then, I have done spirit work and I've encountered some truly monstrous beings. Even angels (like the Enochian spirits) can have specific agendas. There are so many different beings that can bring insight.

Who or what was giving him the symbols? And now, we have thousands of people around the world carving those symbols into people's auras as part of the Reiki initiations, in secret rituals which only masters know. These are basically energetic tattoos that will never go away. We also use those symbols in day to day healing sessions with patients, writing them in air above their bodies and imagining that they are penetrating a person's energy. What exactly is it that we are doing to people? Do we even know for sure?

I'm not saying that Reiki is bad news or something. It does help people hone their intentions on a spirit and energy level, but I vehemently disagree with those who think it can only do good. As a practitioner I sometimes met people who became ill after receiving Reiki. My teachers would dismiss this with very vague explanations.

Reiki is a special energy. It is channelled. It is not simply "universal healing energy". Every human has that energy and you don't need a Reiki attunement to use it. Faith healers the world over do it all the time. Reiki is a different kind of energy. We don't know the source. We don't know where it originated. People are just using it, and many are using it blindly... and mostly, people who get attuned receive those attunements simply because they have the money.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I am EXTREMELY cautious now when it comes to Reiki. I myself have had a negative clearing experience that undid years of work.

Thank you for sharing a different perspective that many are afraid to voice.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:13 AM
dogninja

Divine, your signature quote is wonderful!
Old 13-01-2011, 07:18 AM
TheDivine

hehe thank you
Old 13-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Master

Kundalini is sometimes known as serpent power and is often depicted as a snake. Maybe you were utilizing it somehow but I'm not a reiki practitioner.
Old 13-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Neeti_Shri

master Mikao Usui is supposed to have come to India during his search for christ-like powers of healing.he was well versed in Sanskrit which is the sacred language of the Gods.

It seems that when he was on top of that mountain,he did not really receive anything for many days. but when it finally happened,he saw the sanskrit letters become symbols,and they appeared in front of him in a divine light.

i do not doubt the genuineness of reiki one bit.suffice to say,it is the only method of healing i know and have practiced for 9 years,I am at level 2,and the miraculous experiences i had,proved beyond doubt that this is divine energy. first and foremost,no matter what,only divine energy exists everywhere,infinitely in all directions.

It really helps if reiki healers constantly remind themselves that they are only a channel for the divine healing energy.reminding oneself of that basic fact,will help healers be humble and realize how kind and merciful God is,and it is he /she,who is the healer,not us. i have healed so many people,and they all have recovered from chronic pain and so many other things.

evil=ego=identifying with matter.matter is nothing but energy itself.but we have a material body and ego sprouts,when we identify with this body.evil spirits,are souls of people who have demonic tendencies and demonic tendencies are nothing but "ignoring" the fact that only the divine exists.these souls,have a mind and have not been liberated yet.so even when they pass over,they are still identifying with material and this material world.

when i first learnt reiki,i surrendered to it.i realized that god himself had sent me reiki,i had learnt it to heal myself,but never realized that some day i would get to heal many people,and bring joy and health into their lives.

the divine is everything.if you think the divine is the devil,so it is.if you think it is god,so it is.you get the picture?the divine is the static part ,completely beyond both matter/energy.it is like a mirror,and thats how karma also originates.karma is basically a boomerang.you do good,you receive blessings,you do bad,you face the bad consequences.

similarly,the divine is also a mirror when it comes to faith,belief etc. as you believe or have faith in the divine,so is the result.the divine really doesnt do anything,and the whole of creation is on auto-pilot.

so if we do reiki healing with the proper method,of complete humility,surrender etc..we will find it never fails to heal.the very first thing,among many other things that i found,in my first book of reiki, was to stay a positive person,because reiki can magnify our negativity. a reiki healer should try to stay positive.

that seems to be the case with "the divine"'s experiences.though he was a master,he allowed doubt to creep in.and there's so much negativity,its obvious,this has happened to me,sometimes i felt negative due to circumstances,but i never doubted reiki.because i knew without doubt,that the source of reiki is the supreme.

coming to erebus' post,that was definitely kundalini the 'serpent energy'.all's well that ends well...all said and done,kundalini,is also divine energy.so it was a divine experience and everything ended well.
Old 13-01-2011, 09:43 AM
TheDivine

neet, I accept your interpretation and respect your input into this discussion. Let me just shed more light on where I'm coming from.

I do not believe in pure good and evil, especially when it comes to people. Even those with severe delusions... calling them demonic is a bit of a stretch. I've delved into some of the eastern systems you refer to, and so maybe that's why I tend to see things as shades of grey more than I do absolutes. I find the concepts of pure good and pure evil to be distinctly Christian in origin, and the divisions were created by humans wishes to control humans with threats of consequences for lack of obedience. If God is indeed an omnipotent, all knowing being in the sky, then I cannot fathom why He (using one pronoun for the moment) would be sitting up there with a checklist, deciding who is good and evil, and who is going to spend eternity in hell or heaven. That is simply insane.

I actually started out VERY positive with Reiki, and as I said in my last post, it has definite positive uses. I have seen people feel significantly better after receiving Reiki treatments. I am not completely badmouthing it. Just as I do not believe in absolute good and evil, I do not believe Reiki is ABSOLUTELY "bad" or "good". It is a system like any other.

My positive feelings toward Reiki began to wane based on the delusional behaviours I was seeing exhibited in practitioners, tied into their deep denial that there were sometimes negative consequences to using Reiki on people. It's very easy as a Reiki practitioner to apply that laissez-faire, rose-tinted lens to everything you do, and say that all work is good work. I know because I used to be in that zone. But I have seen people react badly to Reiki, and these people need support. It doesn't deserve to be glossed over, or written off as simply my own negative intentions, or theirs. To me, that is basically the equivalent of saying that there is something wrong with myself or them, and therefore that must surely be the reason why it's not working right. Chalking it all up to my own negativity is kind of a broad generalization, especially given that some of my most startling cases of bad reactions were during times when I was a practicing master thinking that I was doing the right thing.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the Divine can only be loving and do what is best for us, but that does not always manifest as something that FEELS good. Some of the worst experiences in my life have brought the most progress to my being. Energy work is NOT always pure love and fluffy bunnies. Sometimes very dark things come up, or there are negative reactions. Sometimes the energy of the practitioner does not jive with the energy of the client. Sometimes even your best intentions lead to unforeseen results. C'est la vie.

I basically don't practice Reiki anymore within those communities because it seems like I am not allowed to bring up any critiques whatsoever, since it violates the almighty doctrine that Reiki can do no wrong. I'm sorry, but pure good does not exist in the human world. Such purity is reserved for the demi-gods and gods. Humans are left to the realm of yin and yang, light and dark, good and bad, all wrapped up into one package.