Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Seeker-of-truth

Guide me please?

Hi,

I am 4 days old as a reiki healer :)
First day while experimenting in the class, I did experience heat coming out of my body and that was the time I felt yes, I have it..
Since then I've been giving myself reiki, Im neither feeling any heat coming out of my body nor am I seeing anything at all..I feel sort of empty?
What should I do about it? How should I proceed?

Thank you in advance..

Peace~
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Master

I have a book that says the reiki energy can be blocked sometimes. You can just imagine reiki energy cleansing your aura or white light. I often do meditations and that seems to help.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Twin Lightz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker-of-truth
Hi,

I am 4 days old as a reiki healer :)
First day while experimenting in the class, I did experience heat coming out of my body and that was the time I felt yes, I have it..
Since then I've been giving myself reiki, Im neither feeling any heat coming out of my body nor am I seeing anything at all..I feel sort of empty?
What should I do about it? How should I proceed?

Thank you in advance..

Peace~

I do energy work as well. Aside from my natural gifts I received a specific modality directly that allows me to do ALL forms of "reiki". While I am doing a session on someone else, I personally do not feel it myself but they do. However I am able to see it. My point is, don't get caught up on not being able to feel the energy. In a way it is a good thing because some practitioners will feel drained after a lot or intense energy work because of them feeling it themselves.

I personally do not have this problem and can do sessions back to back to back to back without issue. So for me, it is a good thing that I don't feel it
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Lovenlight216

I get that feeling sometimes too. I think it's not working but it is.
I've have two Reiki Masters tell me they have the same thing once in a while.
Just trust the process.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:48 AM
lovingspirit

hello :)

Yes over time energy can become blocked, however that is nothing to be feared. Know just because you don't feel energy coming out sometimes, it doesn't mean it isn't. If you want to increase the flow of energy here are some things I do.

1. I have made clear quartz crystal gem elixirs and washed my hands with it. This increased the flow because clear quartz is a energy amplifier.

2. I was taught that by rubbing your hands together briskly it can activate the palm chakras and the energy will activate. You may also say "Reiki on"

I was also taught if we have our legs or anything crossed it blocks energy.

One last thing, I found that when I visulalize energy it increases the flow. Hope this helps

Blessings
Old 24-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Evangelina

Just trust that the energy is there. You have been attuned, so will have it. My master said not everyone can sense energy, he can't surprisingly, yet he is very psychic, so just relax and visualise white light entering you and being channelled it to the patient through your hands. It may get stronger in time. I feel as if energy is being drawn out of my hands and they get hot. The person being healed can feel the heat from my hands at a distance and they feel very relaxed afterwards. Keep practising on friends and animals too. Good luck by now you may be more confident.
Old 24-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Master
I went through a period of feeling not much Reiki was flowing through me - this was some months after my Reiki II attunement I think, but possibly even after my Reiki III. This was 10 years or so ago now, so I don't remember the details so much.

I found this form of meditation practice helpful during that period:
http://www.fireandearth.co.uk/hatsurei/hatsurei.htm

The Japanese form of Reiki practice has traditionally included this meditation. Over in Japan, they don't simply attend some workshops, learn history & theory, memorize symbols, and get attuned. They work internally with the Reiki energy and pursue conscious development for channeling Reiki. That is, they practice a form of meditative yoga.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Some good answers here Seeker. For my own penneths worth I would say just know that its a part of you now so nurture it gradually and get to know its subtle effects on you which can take time to register. They can be very subtle sensations that wont become apparent until you become quite familiar with it. Blessings.
Old 27-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Knower

I took Reiki 1 a month ago. My hand heat has decreased a bit, although on certain parts of my body, they warm right up. I felt that I was "thinking" too much about the process. A friend here suggested to let it flow and not think so much. It has helped and I've learned to scan my body more during self reiki treatments.

Reiki has been awesome for me. I use it everyday and can see such a difference in my life. Good luck on your Reiki journey!