Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Newbie ;)

maybe a dumb question?

This may be a dumb question haha
But can just anyone be a reiki healer?
What are the steps to being one?
Old 19-02-2014, 09:48 PM
St.Stephen

Yes and there are many books and articles on their subject.
Old 19-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Experiencer

I took college courses in Reiki 1, 2 & 3 .. Had to submit many many case studies etc.. It depends on which branch you go down..
My first attunemnt was back in 2000...an amazing, earth shattering experience.. I have never looked back..
Yes there are many books and many methods.. Read widely .. but a good start point might be 'Essential Reiki by Diane Stein'. published by The Crossing Press.. its about £20 in the uk..
Old 20-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Guide

generally, reiki requires an attunement. an attunement opens your energy body to be able to receive and share Divine Love. one needs to be attuned by a Reiki Master for that.

Now some people learn to be vessels for Divine Love and healing for others, but it won't be called Reiki.

you can either take classes or you can look for free attunements. i did a free usui 1 & 2, then I took classes in reiki tummo.

if you'd like to try, my reiki tummo teacher sends out every 1st of the month a free usui reiki level 1 attunement. this one is usually better than the regular usui because it creates a clearer path to the heart chakra, which means more Divine Love coming through. it starts at 6:30p-645p your time. just google irmansyah and free usui reiki.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 20-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyamanda
But can just anyone be a reiki healer?
What are the steps to being one?
Almost anyone can be a Reiki healer. Reiki is enable by sigils (energy implants) that are implanted during the attunements that you receive when becoming a Reiki healer. They do most of the work and are almost self activating. So if you make any reasonable effort, they will get the job done.

Note that most people can do hand on healing (what Reiki is) without any Reiki training (or attunements). There are many forms of hand on healing if Reiki is not your style.

There are Reiki classes and attunement available all over the world. Look on the web or local alternative health magazine.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
elisi

i think the best book on the subject is by amy rowland. she's a dear friend of mine and she presents the information in a very understandable manner.

if you decide to learn reiki, research your teacher. not all are traditional teachers.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Knower

Another good author on Reiki is Penelope Quest. I have a couple of her books and she displays the hand positions. I practiced with her book prior to taking my Reiki 1 course.

Reiki has been wonderful for me. I wish you well on your journey.