Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 AM
Newbie ;)

What is Spiritual Bypass? Reality Blurred Gray.

What is the function of spiritual bypass?

I'm writing from a place of spiritual bypass (I think) in which my present, past, and future experience has slipped together into a dense and mostly-neutral ball of existence where the distinctions between my mental faculties have blurred into gray inconclusive, sliding thoughts. I have become, on the surface, dissociated from the good and bad, and my typical fears, worries, normal aspirations and desires, and sense of responsibility to my ego have all faded into the background. I ostensibly want and need nothing. My emotions have been masked as well. I am, however, aware of emotional tensions in the deep background of my consciousness that I don't have the access key to; it's important stuff I want to address, but I am currently restricted from viewing it. God also seems also distant, but a step or two closer to me than my emotions are. I just keep focusing on returning back to center, even though the center is as clear as mud.

My theory is that the bypass serves as a temporary emotional shield to help one through various emotionally-charged experiences along the spectrum of difficulty (which is what I have been going through), allowing them to absorb the blows to their ego easier, thus forwarding them through the healing process faster.

I've gotten stuck in some even deeper bypasses before where I've been completely overwhelmed by apathy, and even the simplest of decisions were agonizingly hard to make because I completely lost a sense of my spiritual foundation. It's an organic form of escape, I know, but it can become quite cognitively exhausting (paradoxically) and worrisome if you're in it for, say, days.

I've done a little napping and meditation as these symptoms have arisen, and that has seemed to help revive the focus and clarity back to my life.

What do you think about this phenomena?

***I moved out of the bypass as I integrated my emotions back into my experience.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:49 AM
Master
What do I think about this phenomena?

I think that it is just the latest trend in "label making" to reinforce the null hypothesis.

What we call "reality" is a non-dual, subjective experience.

For example, if a person becomes Enlightened or realises the Absolute through this so-called "Spiritual Bypassing", then it was obviously useful in some way, right? The end justifies the means.

Such terms like "Spiritual Bypassing" are yet another form of imposed "guilt trip" created by those who believe they honestly mean well, in all of their totally misguided ignorance.

You see, it is easy...EASY to put people into boxes and define them as being/doing either this or that because of this or that...when they have no clue about their Karma...no clue about all their previous births...they just want to appear superior by using all these fancy terms and all the latest opinion polls to tell others WHY it is that whatever they are doing is WRONG because NOT "Spiritual Bypassing" is RIGHT.

Duality can be masked and veiled innumerable ways to make it appear as being non-dual...this is the trick the Ego loves to play so that it can still remain in control when, in the end, whether or not you are being honest or genuine in your quest for the Truth is a question only YOU can answer...not anybody else using fancy terms... YOU!

There are many other ways to anaesthetize the Spirit...drugs, booze, overeating, oversleeping, watching TV, Social Media, habitual routines, negative attitudes, jogging, going to the gym..living...breathing...

Spirituality would be WAY down on that list there of "pleasant things one does just to pass the time"...but somebody out there just had to make an issue out of it... somebody who realised they personally were not being honest or genuine with themselves, so they applied it to others so they will forever be second guessing and checking themselves.."maybe I am NOT having a real experience here".

I mean, we can forget this whole "Spiritual Bypassing" thing and just use "Neti Neti"...it just cuts out every "middleman" in regards.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShades
What is the function of spiritual bypass?

I'm writing from a place of spiritual bypass (I think) in which my present, past, and future experience has slipped together into a dense and mostly-neutral ball of existence where the distinctions between my mental faculties have blurred into gray inconclusive, sliding thoughts. I have become, on the surface, dissociated from the good and bad, and my typical fears, worries, normal aspirations and desires, and sense of responsibility to my ego have all faded into the background. I ostensibly want and need nothing. My emotions have been masked as well. I am, however, aware of emotional tensions in the deep background of my consciousness that I don't have the access key to; it's important stuff I want to address, but I am currently restricted from viewing it. God also seems also distant, but a step or two closer to me than my emotions are. I just keep focusing on returning back to center, even though the center is as clear as mud.

My theory is that the bypass serves as a temporary emotional shield to help one through various emotionally-charged experiences along the spectrum of difficulty (which is what I have been going through), allowing them to absorb the blows to their ego easier, thus forwarding them through the healing process faster.

I've gotten stuck in some even deeper bypasses before where I've been completely overwhelmed by apathy, and even the simplest of decisions were agonizingly hard to make because I completely lost a sense of my spiritual foundation. It's an organic form of escape, I know, but it can become quite cognitively exhausting (paradoxically) and worrisome if you're in it for, say, days.

I've done a little napping and meditation as these symptoms have arisen, and that has seemed to help revive the focus and clarity back to my life.

What do you think about this phenomena?

***I moved out of the bypass as I integrated my emotions back into my experience.

I don't think this is "spiritual bypass" as much as a sever depression or breadkdown. You need to talk to someone face to face that has nothing to do with your life, a stranger, a counselor or someone who is not attached to changing anything.
Old 29-07-2019, 06:15 AM
Master
https://www.robertmasters.com/book/spiritual-bypassing/

This is a page from a website that is selling a book - I have not read it and am not recommending it one way or another. The extensive excerpt from the book on that page presents a fairly informative view pertaining to the 'spiritual bypassing' phenom which readers may find informative, however. I did.
Old 29-07-2019, 06:32 AM
Master

There is this Hindi movie ‘Ghajini’ in which the lead actor has a memory span of only 15 minutes. Forced renewal!

If spiritual bypass means anaesthetising ourselves from perceived pain, indulgence in which is suffering, then it may work like hypnosis or EFT as a temporary reprieve. The root however seems to have to do with stagnation in illusion and association with outcomes, with delusion in not recognising merit of harmonious alignment of our consciousness with the divine energy both within and without.

Old 14-09-2019, 06:31 AM
DanfossvlfwdsSnode

What is Spiritual Bypass Reality Blurred Gray

Fotos are not very good, but You can see mintmarks at the bottom of each medal.3 medals are made in Leningrad mint and the last - in Moscow mint.
Old 14-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
There is this Hindi movie ‘Ghajini’ in which the lead actor has a memory span of only 15 minutes. Forced renewal!
Fascinating 'thought experiment'. The trouble (missing fact) with/in it is that conscious memory is only part of the our memory 'system'. There's soul-level 'imprinting' wherein stimulus-response sequences become 'organically' embedded in the beneath-consciousness roots (not just the conscious leaves and branches) of the psyche (or soul) of the spiritual experiencer. I didn't see the movie, however; maybe I spoke too soon and the 'miissing fact' wasn't in fact 'missed' and was incorporated into the 'thesis' of the story.

Quote:
If spiritual bypass means anaesthetising ourselves from perceived pain, indulgence in which is suffering, then it may work like hypnosis or EFT as a temporary reprieve.
That makes complete sense to me. The terms 'repression' and 'denial' in the fields of psychology and psychotherapy reference such phenomena I believe.

Quote:
The root however seems to have to do with stagnation in illusion and association with outcomes, with delusion in not recognising merit of harmonious alignment of our consciousness with the divine energy both within and without.
Yah! The 'stagnation' is the result of one's 'being-n-doing then being 'cut off' from the full FLOW of awareness/thought-n-motivation/feeling (i.e. mind-n-spirit). One the becomes 'estranged' from (and therefore 'numb' to) (real!) LIFE, you might say to THE Reality of one's Being-n-Doing - In previous posts I have analogized this to just operating like a 'clucking chicken'.

Much greater possibilities unfold when and if one authentically (re)connects with said FLOW. From my treatise which speaks of LIFE by way of elucidating the 'paradigm' of 'the Son' that Jesus spoke in terms of:
It is therefore really (always, in my opinion) most important that you maintain awareness of and make decisions on the basis of the fact that your soul is a mind-n-spirit ‘springthrough which Life Itself continually ‘streams’ and that the potential and venue for you to engage in psychospiritually sustaining and augmenting experiences and expressions of Love and Joy in relation to and with others is ubiquitously present and always available to be tapped into* at any given point, should you wish and choose to do so. This, no matter what your past history and future prospects may [presently ] be, reincarnationally or otherwise. This is also true in everyone else’s case, of course.

[Footnote*: “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:37-38)]
Old 19-09-2019, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShades
When you have an "emotionally- charged experience", you might want to look at it as
reaching another milepost in the 'game' and now you are ready for the next test.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜