Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 29-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Master
Talking What to look for when choosing a reiki master/teacher?

Hi all,

I am looking into taking a Reiki I course. I have found three reiki masters/teaches in my area. I am having trouble deciding between two. Is there anything to look for or know when choosing one. Or is here no such thing as a better one? Its an investment, so I want to make the right choice. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks
Old 29-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Knower

Congratulations on Reiki finding you and your interest in learning Reiki! I just completed my Reiki 2 course over a week ago. Here is what I did:

I read most of Penelope Quest's Reiki for Life book prior to my Reiki 1 course and was doing self reiki prior to my course. She is old school Reiki. It helped me a great deal before my class, and continues to be a reference book for me.

There were quite a few choices for my training. I found my master on the internet. She has been doing Reiki for over 25 years. Her Reiki lineage is very short. She was taught Reiki 1 & 2 by Fran Brown. I called and spoke with her and asked her about her lineage and her philosophy on teaching Reiki. She is a firm believer in teaching her Reiki classes separately so you can work on yourself and give yourself time to adjust to the increased vibrational levels. She does not combine 1&2 over a course of a weekend. I felt very comfortable with her answers and have taken Reiki 1 and 2 from her.

For me, the separation of Reiki 1 and 2 was a blessing. I did receive the power symbol in Reiki 1 (because my master saw the need), it blew me away. I can't even imagine how I'd function if I had the other two symbols thrown in from Reiki 2 had the classes been combined. I had a lot of emotional stuff to work on after Reiki 1. Not so much after Reiki 2, but there was some things to work on. I am not saying combining the two classes are bad, it just worked out better for me with them split.

All in all, you have to feel comfortable and trust your master. I highly recommend the Quest books as reference, she advises to do a 21 day cleanse on yourself after each Reiki course. It makes a difference for me.

I wish you well on your journey, and let us know how it goes!