Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Thank you for saying that.It means a lot to me.I only have 3 friends(including you,I made a new one this month yay ! ,4 if we count god but I am not sure if he even gives a damn about me )

Another important thing friend and I really want to clear it to you.Your help in answering my questions from Shivji means a lot to me and it adds so much value to my life that it gives me another reason to live (believe it or not ,I am being truthful) BUT (this is the part I want I want to stress and to be as clear as possible) if it is painful for you to ask my questions to Shiv ji or if you don't want to ask my questions to Shiv ji for ANY reason or If Shiv ji does not respond to my question when you ask it then (in all 3 cases) no problem my friend,I understand ,and we will still be friends no matter what and I do not want to force you in any way.

I will check out the link and the upanishad you mentioned ,I love reading new things about Spirit/God and Soul so thank you so much for sharing it.

Here is the question ,and I repeat it again ,if you don't want to ask it for ANY reason or if Shiv ji does not respond to it then I understand ,my dear friend,no problem at all.

The question was: Shiv ji,Is there any Siddhi or yogic way to talk to the one god (many people like Cris ,Neale and other yogis can) ?

If you don't want to ask it then no problem my friend

My plan was that Parvati Mother ji mentioned in one text about channeling siddhi that can allow one to talk to his/her ista devta ,So if Shiv ji says there is no siddhi to talk to the absolute one god then we will ask about the method to acquire that channeling siddhi mentioned by Parvati Mother ji.

Love you.Have a great day !
So, you want to know why I can't do it?

First off, the questions you ask are just way too convoluted that even if I were to ask Shiv-ji, I wouldn't understand the questions myself...but do I need to because I'm not answering them anyway? I still can't get into a relaxed state because I can sense your overwhelming anxiety through your words...and I need to be totally chilled and blissed out first.

Second, I could say "God told me to tell you to f*** off" but you wouldn't believe God could say something like that, would you? guess again...c'mon, it is Lord Shiva we are talking about here...He really isn't what you think...He'll eat you alive just as easy as love you...but of course, only a Shiva Bhakta can know this...it changes nothing, however...So, he isn't all that co-operative...at best, I get "tell him to go meditate and that's it" and at worst "what I have to say is ONLY for your ears, so tell him to get lost".

Having the ability to channel Devi put up against another's ability to channel Shiva isn't gonna work...they will both see it as the person asking for "proof" this is all real and can be done...then they will both screw with every attempt to be measured and verified by a disbeliever a million ways til Sunday...
Old 13-10-2018, 02:36 AM
Knower

So Shivani, have you managed to replace sleep with meditation?

I saw a video or two by Sadghuru on the topic - but even he himself gets some sleep...
Old 13-10-2018, 02:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
So Shivani, have you managed to replace sleep with meditation?

I saw a video or two by Sadghuru on the topic - but even he himself gets some sleep...
At the moment, I have been reduced to a 5ft square piece of floor space with a cushion, and a noisy teenage boy with x-box in the next room...for the first two days, just meditation alone went fine...and now I find I am 'cat napping' in the afternoon...so yes, it takes a bit of getting used to.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So, you want to know why I can't do it?

First off, the questions you ask are just way too convoluted that even if I were to ask Shiv-ji, I wouldn't understand the questions myself...but do I need to because I'm not answering them anyway? I still can't get into a relaxed state because I can sense your overwhelming anxiety through your words...and I need to be totally chilled and blissed out first.

Second, I could say "God told me to tell you to f*** off" but you wouldn't believe God could say something like that, would you? guess again...c'mon, it is Lord Shiva we are talking about here...He really isn't what you think...He'll eat you alive just as easy as love you...but of course, only a Shiva Bhakta can know this...it changes nothing, however...So, he isn't all that co-operative...at best, I get "tell him to go meditate and that's it" and at worst "what I have to say is ONLY for your ears, so tell him to get lost".

Having the ability to channel Devi put up against another's ability to channel Shiva isn't gonna work...they will both see it as the person asking for "proof" this is all real and can be done...then they will both screw with every attempt to be measured and verified by a disbeliever a million ways til Sunday...

Ok . I understand ,from the next time on wards I will just ask one question and explain it to you properly in a way that is easy.And I won't be putting it up as a "proof" of Devi ji and Shiv ji talking from next time on wards :-)

Would it be possible for you to ask Shiv ji how to get into Turiya as Shiv ji suggest me to shoot for turiya ?

I was thinking of writing about that also in our book for seekers like me ...because Shiv ji 's advice cannot fail.
Most of the book will be written by me ,if it would be possible for you to help me with a few questions then that would be great !

Sorry you can feel my anxiety ,I will try to stop it.It will take about a month of practice to get rid of my anxiety .
Would it be possible for you to ask to Shiv ji about Turiya after a month or so ?

Meanwhile, there is this girl claiming that she can talk to Mahavatar Babaji.I will try to confirm if this girl is lying or saying the truth ,if she is saying the truth I will leave the world and all my wordly ambitions and become a renunciant under babaji's guidance.She is charging me about 150$ for the same...

Have you watched the pursuit of "happyness" ? It is a very nice movie.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
At the moment, I have been reduced to a 5ft square piece of floor space with a cushion, and a noisy teenage boy with x-box in the next room...for the first two days, just meditation alone went fine...and now I find I am 'cat napping' in the afternoon...so yes, it takes a bit of getting used to.

I've tried - many times. I can certainly reduce the requirement of sleep to maybe 3 or 4 hours - but eliminating the need completely? No way!
Old 13-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Or ,would it be possible for you to share my request with Shiv ji ?

It is not a question really ,just a request ...
Old 13-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Or ,would it be possible for you to share my request with Shiv ji ?

It is not a question really ,just a request ...
First off, I have not seen the movie yet, but it is on my 'must see" list.

Secondly, let's do it this way. You are permitted to ask one question, at a time...no more than six words per question...and it must be done in this thread.
Old 13-10-2018, 07:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Book1

Quote:
First off, I have not seen the movie yet, but it is on my 'must see" list.

Secondly, let's do it this way. You are permitted to ask one question, at a time...no more than six words per question...and it must be done in this thread.

Well thank you very much for offering to answer my questions.In India we touch the feet of elders or guruji to get blessings and give respect.If you were here at this moment I would have touched your feet in gratitude,out of overwhelming happiness and to get your blessings (You are my mother's age so I guess I am allowed to do get your blessings )

I will do it in this thread.I will only ask one question at a time.

But my english is not that good ,I cannot ask each question in the six words limit... but I will be asking small questions...would it be possible for you to please relax the word limit restriction or not?

Please let me know.
Old 13-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Would it be possible for you to ask Shiv ji how to get into Turiya as Shiv ji suggest me to shoot for turiya ?
Turiya is the 4th state and "conscious sleep" or the perfection of Yoga Nidra is the way to attain it...to be in that state that is neither awake nor asleep and from where, OBEs, NDEs and astral travelling can occur spontaneously.

How to practice Yoga Nidra:

First, there is laying down in shavasana, and starting the progressive muscle tension and relaxation mindfulness technique, starting with your toes, all the way up to the scalp...isolating each muscle group...breathing in...hold...tense up all you can...breathing out and relax.

As you breathe in, imagine prana or a golden light or love filling you,,,as you breathe out, let go of all anxieties, traumas and worries.

By the time you reach your head, your whole body will feel like a lead weight sinking into a deep, warm ocean.

Then bring your conscious awareness to wherever you like...to your breathing, 6 inches above your body, third eye, tip of nose, the blackness behind closed eyes and put all your concentration and awareness only there...but don't try or force it or strain...just watch your thoughts like programs on a TV...you can even change the channel a few times to have 'different thoughts' if you want...adjust the volume and the brightness of each thought until you can hardly see it or not see it at all...now you are starting to cook with gas. =)

Focus on "OM" or on a prayer/mantra, or your Guru on the image of Ishta Devata, on something that fills you with love and stirs your heart more than anything else could at that specific moment.

Allow yourself to feel that emotion and become it...lose yourself in the Infinite, but still maintain connection to this waking consciousness via a sleep that is not a sleep....this is Turiya and I have just given you the method to attain it through Yoga Nidra...do it for an hour each night before you are scheduled to sleep,,,because often, if you are very tired, sleep gonna happen after (or during) the muscle relaxation bit, but if the body needs it, just let it happen.
Old 13-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Well thank you very much for offering to answer my questions.In India we touch the feet of elders or guruji to get blessings and give respect.If you were here at this moment I would have touched your feet in gratitude,out of overwhelming happiness and to get your blessings (You are my mother's age so I guess I am allowed to do get your blessings )

I will do it in this thread.I will only ask one question at a time.

But my english is not that good ,I cannot ask each question in the six words limit... but I will be asking small questions...would it be possible for you to please relax the word limit restriction or not?

Please let me know.

I have just given you an example of how a question should be asked "What is turiya? How to Achieve?" and how these questions will be answered for once and forevermore starting with that one...