Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-11-2015, 04:22 AM
Experiencer
How old do you think human civilization is and do you think our current society...

How old do you think human civilization is and do you think our current society lacks any advancement from older civilizations either spiritually, technologically, or philosophically? Please no "conspiracy theories" but try to speak your mind anyway ;) ...
Old 19-11-2015, 04:50 AM
life.love.regret.

Well, shoot, now I'm afraid to say anything because I don't know what constitutes a "conspiracy theory." Cool question though
Old 19-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
Well, shoot, now I'm afraid to say anything because I don't know what constitutes a "conspiracy theory." Cool question though

LOL, hmmmm....Is anyone brave enough?
Old 19-11-2015, 05:14 AM
Nettles

My answer is...I am entirely indifferent. I'm a "live in the moment" kind of a person. I acknowledge that our past shapes our present and that the present may shape the future but I can't do a thing about either other than make the current moment the best it can be.
When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free. -Tom Robbins
Old 19-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks you guys!

I greatly admire the ancient Mayan civilization. We can learn a lot about ourselves from their era. These people were so spiritually and mathematically advanced. Like the Egyptians, they were architectural geniuses.They built and created for purpose; their temples were to communicate to Gods or to align with the stars and planets. Today, what do we build buildings and machines for? Corporate gain? One thing is certain, no empire has sustained longevity so I don't know, I guess we can be thankful for what they left behind to teach us about ourselves and what we still have yet to learn..
Old 19-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Nettles

Well said Clover. I find Ancient civilizations fascinating too, my daughter is really into Egypt and I have studied the Mayan Calendar at length. I like the Day Signs and have figured out, based on D.O.B. how to determine what ones Day Sign is. The interpretations have been spot on for everyone who has asked.
Pretty amazing indeed!
Old 19-11-2015, 05:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Thanks you guys!

I greatly admire the ancient Mayan civilization. We can learn a lot about ourselves from their era. These people were so spiritually and mathematically advanced. Like the Egyptians, they were architectural geniuses.They built and created for purpose; their temples were to communicate to Gods or to align with the stars and planets. Today, what do we build buildings and machines for? Corporate gain? One thing is certain, no empire has sustained longevity so I don't know, I guess we can be thankful for what they left behind to teach us about ourselves and what we still have yet to learn..

Nice points Clover:)

I personally really appreciate the Aboriginal civilization. Here you have a people who lived in one area practically isolated for nearly 60,000 years. Studying their beliefs really shows how "100 monkey theory" we may all really be. They are a fascinating living part of our ancient human family.
Old 19-11-2015, 05:50 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles
When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free. -Tom Robbins

Thanks Nettles
Old 19-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Pretty cool, nettles. I admire the calendar. You know aside from their technology (and I can go on forever with what they created, the number 0, sewer systems) It was interesting what they worshiped specifically, basically nature and astronomy. In modern times, when we attempt to do those things it's frowned upon or called occult and new age.

What I found interesting too is that they created saunas. They had these mud type baths, it would help them detox both physically and spiritually. They were ahead of their times, we are just barely catching up.. imo.

I am a big fan of the History channel,btw.

Green, I am going to have to google information about them. I don't think I am familiar with that civilization. Ill get back to you on it.
Old 19-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Nettles

Quote:
Pretty cool, nettles. I admire the calendar. You know aside from their technology (and I can go on forever with what they created, the number 0, sewer systems) It was interesting what they worshiped specifically, basically nature and astronomy. In modern times, when we attempt to do those things it's frowned upon or called occult and new age.
agreed indeed
Quote:
I am a big fan of the History channel,btw.
I've never had cable but I have had Netflix for a few years now and there are a lot of great shows on there that explore ancient cultures and such, my daughter and I watch and discuss, it's a fun way to spend time together.