Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 18-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Knower

are other spirits with us

I read that more people than not have a lingering spirit or some past life that still attaches to us.
I wonder how do we know if we have an entity attached to us? If we do would we definitely know it?
Is it possible we have a curse on us that is holding us?
Maybe this is the wrong sub forum for asking this?
Old 18-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Knower
Def wrong sub forum. But when its very possible of such ideas.
Old 19-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
I read that more people than not have a lingering spirit or some past life that still attaches to us.
I wonder how do we know if we have an entity attached to us? If we do would we definitely know it?

I think these are questions best taken into meditation. One individual experiences the universe in one way, another in an entirely different way. Both experiences may be real and valid (even if they directly contradict each other). For example, in my personal experience of the universe, when I took on this body, I had no attachments or karma from previous lives. I do remember bits and pieces of previous lives, but the memories carry no baggage. Too, someone might indeed attempt to 'curse' me or attach something negative to me, but if they were successful it would be released when this body dies. Still, I understand that others experience these attachments and the carried-over karma. Those experiences are just as real and valid as mine.

The problem arises, I think, when one forms a belief about one's own situation from the experiences of others rather than from one's own direct experience. It can really help open the mind to the possibilities when one asks questions like this of others, but I don't believe that people can really answer them for anyone other than themselves. Hence the load of differing opinions presented in response to just about any question asked regarding spiritual reality.

Open2it, do you ask because you feel that you have some sort of attachment or karmic carry-over in your current life?
Old 19-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Knower

No I have never felt an attachment. I read that sometimes people don't realize they are being moved to act or do things yet they don't know why they did or reacted in a way that goes against their own personality.

For example a person perhaps is a caring and helpful person yet they do or say things that hurt others. Perhaps that has nothing to do with an attachment.

I hate to LOL but perhaps I am looking to something besides myself to blame for acting at times like I have my head up a dark place.
Old 19-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it

Attaches to us is more uncommon, more it is a spirit that is in what we often call our Soul Family that has that energy connection to us.
In this place they are able to flow in and out around us at times. I have one with me that is from a past life, but he is free on the other side. Looks in from time to time to keep me safe is all.

It is not an easy thing to identify or even verify. We all have Guides and other beings with us, and some Guides are not in the more angelic sense they can be passed over loved one's or even us from a past life.

Here again a curse is a rare thing to have actually take a firm hold its energy that has to be keep alive by someone. It is possible to have past Karmic Debts that might hold one back some. Here its about living your life on the best path you can. Seeing the blocks that are in one's path that hold one from moving forwards.

I know that as a Medium I am never without someone around me. So I am well used to the ebbs and flows of energy. It is possible your open to sense things around you more than you might feel you are.

Lynn
Old 19-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Master
Originally Posted by Lynn
Quote:
It is not an easy thing to identify or even verify. We all have Guides and other beings with us, and some Guides are not in the more angelic sense they can be passed over loved one's or even us from a past life.

Hi.

Since we are here in the guide forum, Lynn if you have time could you please elaborate on some of this you have written about guides? I ask only as I currently need some help with this topic. I have been having much trouble with guide communication, and as well with understanding what they are.

I find what you have said here interesting, especially in regards to guides possibly also being passed loved ones, and our self from a past life.

I have also wondered if it possible guides could be spirits like previously human, non family related? I mean usually what people refer to as Ghosts?

Again answer only if you have the time.

I have found it very difficult to get help with guides. I have had others explain what they think guides are which I am grateful for, but I am looking more for trying to find out who my guide is. I have done an exercise already and a guide- human form, had appeared but it does not answer whom he is.

Thank you for listening.
Old 19-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
... I am looking more for trying to find out who my guide is. I have done an exercise already and a guide- human form, had appeared but it does not answer whom he is.

Just my own experience here, so it might not apply to you but I think when we meditate the tendency is to do so from inside our heads. I mean, that's where we think and process perceptions, so it's the natural seat of attention, right? When I have trouble connecting with someone who exists in spirit form, I'll drop my awareness down somewhere in the vicinity of my mid-chest, deep and just below my breastbone, and try to 'listen' from there. I choose that area in my body because I connect strongly with energy there; for others, a different area might work better. Point is to 'listen' from somewhere else, not from inside the head.

I've found that not all spirit beings communicate in the same way. Some may use 'vibrations' (of a sort); some may use words, some numbers, some images. Sometimes it takes trial and error to find in what way a spirit being communicates as well as the best way one is able to perceive such communication.

Please keep us posted as you work through this. =-)
Old 20-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
Just my own experience here, so it might not apply to you but I think when we meditate the tendency is to do so from inside our heads. I mean, that's where we think and process perceptions, so it's the natural seat of attention, right? When I have trouble connecting with someone who exists in spirit form, I'll drop my awareness down somewhere in the vicinity of my mid-chest, deep and just below my breastbone, and try to 'listen' from there. I choose that area in my body because I connect strongly with energy there; for others, a different area might work better. Point is to 'listen' from somewhere else, not from inside the head.

I've found that not all spirit beings communicate in the same way. Some may use 'vibrations' (of a sort); some may use words, some numbers, some images. Sometimes it takes trial and error to find in what way a spirit being communicates as well as the best way one is able to perceive such communication.

Please keep us posted as you work through this. =-)

Yes, I have found as well spirit to have differing ways of communicating.

You mentioned meditation, so I figured I'd give the guide exercise another go and try again to see what would pop up. Nothing from the last guide, but another spirit walked forward, I believe this may have information related to genealogy, on my Father's side by the way the meditation played out and am currently reading on this. I first saw visually a spirit or what I thought was a spirit dressed in certain garb, Native about 5 nights ago. During last nights meditation, this same spirit with garb stepped forward while I was attempting again guide work.

During meditation a male voice stated the words- your father.

I had previously been looking for information of this spirit online yesterday afternoon.

I have taken the Your Father comment by way of interpretation to indicate perhaps, Native blood on my Father's side or that is to say my Native blood from the particular tribe on my Father's side of the family.

At any rate when I described the garb in the engine search coupled with the name of that tribe. Well I may have found something of interest to me.

I want to thank you for your message and post. Giving me incentive to cast fear of my visual meditations aside and to try again.

Blessings.
Old 21-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Spirit communication I think is ultimately restricted to our development level of psychic ability.
Old 22-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Knower

Pretty exciting stuff, SP! Please keep us posted as you continue exploring.

As for headincloud's comment,
Quote:
Spirit communication I think is ultimately restricted to our development level of psychic ability.
That's a difficult thing to define in any sort of widely applicable way. All my life I've experienced various aspects of spiritual reality, including communication with spirit beings. This required no development on my part. For a good portion of my life I would gladly have restricted these experiences if I'd been able.