Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 20-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Master
I apologize for so many questions here...

Hello everyone.

I have run into quite an experience, or predicament.

I am having much trouble these days with the concept of guides.

Of course there are many sources saying many things on the subject. This is all so confusing for me to try and ascertain.

I've recently come to an experience where a meditative visualization of my own manifested into physical form. What one would maybe consider a guidance came to me in a form. A physical being. This is very confusing.

I am troubled by this, and troubled with perceptions and understandings of guides and what they are.

I have not been working with guidances for very long, and I am very very troubled by what has occurred. I have a few questions please bear with me..

1. What actually and with some sincerity now, are guides? Do you believe them to be spirits? Or? Aspects of oneself? Higher selves? What have you?

2. Do I have anything to fear in dealing with them? If so what? Why...?

3. How do you all communicate exactly with your guides? What are your personal reasons for doing so if you all don't mind?

I suppose those are the main questions I am having. Please do note I am not asking out of any skepticism if that is what others believe. I am asking as a very very confused individual spirit, who has some questions. And concerns.

So please, I am not trying to be disrespectful.

I would merely like to open discussion here for members in an attempt we all can try and understand each other and the views we each have.

I have been internalizing, rationalizing and trying my best to understand.

I think I really need and could use some help here.

Thank you all.

Blessings.
Old 20-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Lorelyen

No need to apologise. The problem is that everyone works differently with
their guides if they have them and if they are "valid" guides. You said it -
Of course there are many sources saying many things on the subject. This is all so confusing for me to try and ascertain.

The only way to ascertain if a guide IS a guide, not just a useful figment of
your imagination to support your particular ethos, is to spend time with her/him/it,
in whatever form they take.
Contemplate a lot, meditate a lot, open your mind to flashes of insight.
Decide whether to take advice or not - they are guides, not bosses.

Try to strike up a dialogue with them. Ask questions, at first needing just a
simple yes/no answer. "Are you willing to help me?" "Will you always appear
in the same form?" "Should I take this path?" sort of thing. Later, ask for help
on the astral with problems you have. Ask them for a name, a colour, a symbol.

And if the dialogue or advice is really discomforting, politely withdraw and
contemplate what you're being told. Could be something that directly goes
against your nature in which case you'd have to decide whether it's
inappropriate or simply wrong like if it means harming another.

Not all encounters are benevolent though. If at any point you feel your guide
is using you for some malign purpose you have to do some kind of
banishment and await a new guide.

Finally, you may encounter several guides, some temporarily leading you
through part of your practice - so it was with pathworking for me. Sometimes
their voices are clear, other times they may send telepathic flashes.

It takes time. I have a "main" guide who's been around for many years and
I'm confident because they've been constant in image and guidance.

We're all different so hopefully you'll get a few replies to distil something from.

Old 20-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Experiencer

This topic comes up fairly often, mostly because people want/need to identify what's happening.

The thing is, most people have different experiences and take different beliefs (based on what they are taught or what they read). Which is to say that there are going to be some conflicting views and opinions about what guides are. With this in mind, here's what I believe to be true...

Guides are essentially angels that have lowered their vibrational frequency enough to enable them to assist us; this lower frequency is needed for them to make some/any form of consistent contact with us. They are at a low enough frequency that allows them to return to their previous state, but it is still too high for them to take on physical form. This also means that guides do not (in any way) come to us as fellow humans. Some people may believe they are here to help specific people, and they may use the term 'guide' incorrectly in this respect.. but they are not truly guides.

Guides are here to help us manage our life path.. they help us follow the path we have chosen for ourselves, and deal with the many difficulties and traumas we have chosen to experience; life is meant to be about learning.

Because of the nature of the relationship between humans and guides, there are several limitations in terms of how readily/easily they can communicate with us. It may help to see this in something of degrees of spiritual progression... for someone who is more spiritually evolved than the average person, they may get some form of gut feeling or intuition. When they start to recognise the external source of this information, they may be able to get some form of 'thought-form' or emotional details surrounding a topic.

As we progress and raise our own vibrations, the level of contact/communication improves. We start to get more solid details and some images about certain important things. We start to consciously astral project (or have 'dreams') and have interactions with some familiar, yet 'new' being that wants to help us. After a while, this develops into more solid auditory verbal communication, and eventually seeing our guides as they communicate with us.

Once we are more fully developed, we are able to ask for any details on any topic and simply have the answers readily available; not as dialogue, but as a complete concept / knowing.

Due to the nature of this initial learning phase, where the information is hazy at best, it's fairly easy for negative beings to present themselves as your guides.. but they have different agendas. This is likely fairly rare, but it's worth mentioning because it is a possibility. You should have a clear idea of who is talking to you.. if you're not sure, it's not likely your guides. This isn't to say that it's something bad/negative that's interacting with you.. but this entity may not have (only) your best interests in mind.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Visit Joy of Satan website and Exposing Chrstianity website (www . joyofsatan . org or www . exposingchristianity . com). The truth about satanism, christianity, magick/spells, Demons, New World Order and more. See the truth and free yourself! *You can learn about sexual magick spells and more.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth88
Visit Joy of Satan website and Exposing Chrstianity website (www . joyofsatan . org or www . exposingchristianity . com). The truth about satanism, christianity, magick/spells, Demons, New World Order and more. See the truth and free yourself! *You can learn about sexual magick spells and more.

Thank you, but no thank you.

I haven't the time momentarily for checking the link.

I will respond to the thread further in time, after perhaps some coffee.

The posts have given me much to think over.

Thank you everyone.
Old 21-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Master
Thank you very much Lorelyn and Carnate for your very helpful responses.

I suppose I am having difficulty in a way with my guidances. I do not know that I am communicating wrong...

That is also to say, my guidances or main ones seem to often times offer information about me, as in my true nature, and it is very hard to decipher because often times I do not have full on word conversations with them. I get images of them and they "Show" me things... which can be very difficult to decipher at times.

Also like I said they offer me information on myself and true nature and seem to be indicating something as of late, but I do not know that I should listen at the moment due to confusion if what they are saying holds any truth.

Has anyone had a guidance indicate past lives to them?

Thank you for your responses.

Blessings.
Old 21-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Lorelyen

They may sometimes point out dark things about yourself.
Thank them politely and contemplate on what they had to say/show.
It can be discomforting and only you can decide on whether you
act on what you learn or not.

It takes honesty and can be painful and once you have some grip
on what's being shown you can ask if they're prepared to help
with making changes (or set about making them yourself. They'll
still guide you, assuming they're genuine).

Old 21-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth88

Hello son,
I wish you would stop bothering nice folk on the internet,your mum and I warned you about eating wild mushrooms,but you always were a funny child, always bothering the neighbours by hanging upside down in the trees in their gardens asking for "spare bananas"

So son it looks like you have stopped taking your lithium carbonate again!
Never mind we will talk to the zookeepers and get them to give it to you another way,and son,in all honesty,when you were a a child the kids at school never really tried to make a monkey out of you!

Lots of love Mum and Dad,xxx
Old 21-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Master

A spirit guide simply is something that guides your spirit, not necessarily an actual spirit, the same way your city guide is not always a city haha. And honestly your emotions is your true guide, so how you feel should be your indication of how aligned you are with your own spirit, and the way your inner being perceives it all: which is always through the eyes of appreciation. So when you feel good you are in a good place
Old 22-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Lorelyen

^^^Emotions the true guide? It'll be a bad day for me if I let my emotions guide what I do and aim to become!
People's emotions can become awfully twisted and steer their behaviour into
dangerous waters at times.

I aim to control my emotions. They well needed taming. Spirit guides help direct me toward Self. Emotions don't.