Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Newbie ;)

I can't do it for some reason

I have had an OBE involuntarily before but they never lasted very long and I was usually tripping on a psychedelic or on Ketamine.

Yesterday, I turned on some white noise to the side because it really does help me a lot. I tried meditation but my brain wouldn't shut up. And then there was this moment where I would feel like my body is about to leave but then I start getting focus back again and I just fall back down. Normally, this moment occurs when my mind goes blank or I begin to become so immersed in my breathing that I lose focus of everything else.

So how I can prevent this? I feel like I am really close but for some reason it never does happen.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Experiencer

There's a few things that make astral travel successful. It seems like you're naturally able to let your body fall asleep while your mind remains active. It's the 'letting go' that seems to be the problem. My mum could 'drop' her body at a moments notice.. and she always said she just 'let go', as in, stopped holding onto her body. I always struggled with this as well.

But your conscious mind is accustomed to movement occurring as a result of muscle movement. When you start moving 'not as a result of muscle movement', your brain freaks out a bit, and hoists you back. It's just unfamiliar to you.. and practice helps in this regard.

There's also a certain vibration or frequency that needs to be present for the soul to detach easily. This generally happens naturally as your body falls asleep, but if you try to move too early, you'll just get yanked back down. And this usually results in the body waking up enough to prevent further attempts.

Also, your third eye needs to be open enough for you to experience the subtle realms; transmit details to your physical brain. Otherwise you'll simply forget what happens when you reenter your body; assume that nothing happened.

Finally, I know there's a lot of information out there on how drugs can help you astral travel or see into the future, and other things.. but stay off the drugs, at least while astral traveling. If your mind is in an altered state, there's a lot of negative beings that can easily attach themselves to you, and remain attached when the drugs wear off.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Newbie ;)

How does one open the third eye? I remember feeling my eyes directing me to the center of my forehead as if something was opening up. It felt strange. Could this be the third eye?
Old 08-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Lorelyen

Discovering a way that works for me was to know that it must be possible
or I wouldn't dream. I've done a fair bit of dream recording.

A couple of scenes taken from dreams get me out there. I recall whichever
scene and feel myself reliving something akin to it, my limbs doing whatever
they were doing quite independent of my earthly limbs - hands reaching out,
feet on the ground walking - or with one scene, climbing a fence.

That usually works but if it doesn't I've used the idea of hauling myself up off the bed.
One has to be utterly relaxed and the problem with this way is as soon as I feel
ready to go, my feet twitch and I lose it!

What I have learned is not to try too hard. This is a problem for some.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Experiencer

The third eye can be opened in a number of ways. But meditation is usually the best.

Rather than try to retype everything, here's a link to a post I made in this forum.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=110280

If you don't know much about the third eye (the pineal gland), you'll likely want to do some reading on that too. Google will give you a nice variety of answers, and you can experiment a bit to find a truth that works for you.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Lorelyen

I'm not sure you need know about the third eye let alone open it to travel astrally. I was out of body long before I heard of and explored the third eye.

If Squall Leonhart is having problems getting onto the astral then his problems could be compounded if third eye doesn't open quickly. It can take some people ages to bring it about and make something of the experience.

Just my tuppence worth.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Newbie ;)

I am going to attempt it again. So what should I do this time?