Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
Becks, I know how to induce an astral projection. Well....an out of body experience anyway. Whether you can develop it into an "astral projection" is up to you.
It is a crude method but 90% of the time will work.

Sleep....normal sleep. Put the alarm clock on for 4 hours later. When it goes off, get up, out of bed, and go elsewhere in the house. Stay up for an hour. You can do what you wish during that hour, but try not to eat anything or very little, though you can drink a coffee or something if you like. A coffee and a couple of biscuits is fine. A whole pizza....maybe not.

Do something gentle (not heavy exercise or listening to the news, etc) Maybe think or read about astral projection? Try to tune your mind into the idea, with no strain at all, but just an interest.
Then when you are ready, go back to lie in bed. Relax totally, and you can even allow yourself to go back to sleep! It doesn't matter.
You are very likely to re-awaken at some point with the vibrations or sensations of starting to leave your body.
Grasp hold of that when you feel it. You will be fully conscious at that stage, able to think, choose, decide what to do etc. Keep relaxed, but focus your thoughts on getting out of the body. It's impotant to have a good feeling about this....like the sort of feeling you got when you were a child, and you were going to do something exciting or adventurous. If you start to feel anything negative in your thoughts, then you have the choice to return to the body and abort the attempt. You can always try again another time. There is no rush.

The only possible bad effect of this is you may find you need to sleep later in the morning. So do it when there are no social/work pressures, so you can enter a natural sleep after your attempt and wake when you are rested.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:01 AM
Master

What Toby said was very good advice. I used to do that years ago and it works. I must try to start doing that again to get more experiences. Do not be disappointed if it does not work. It may not work every night. It is great when it works. Stay positive that it will work and it will.
Old 21-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Newbie ;)

If you relaxed yourself a little longer or half an hour longer you have a higher chance of success.
Old 22-02-2017, 02:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Becks, I also agree with Tobi, this is similar to a technique described by Michael Raduga in his book "A Practical Guidebook for Lucid Dreaming and Out-of-Body Travel" (available on Kindle for ~ $1)

Michael calls this the "Indirect Deferred" Method and claims a very high success rate teaching this method to his students. This method worked for me on the first attempt.

The website obe4u (mentioned by desert_rat) is run by Michael Raduga and there is a lot of material you can access there.

Good luck
Old 22-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Newbie ;)

first of all you must Try to tune your mind into the idea, with no strain at all, but just an interest.
Then when you are ready, go back to lie in bed. Relax totally,
Old 26-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Master

Learn to lucid dream. Everyone says it is a lot easier to lucid dream than to ap. I am trying to learn to lucid dream as I realise that it takes effort and time to keep trying to ap. I do not always feel like making the time and effort.