Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
Yep, comfort food is healthy. Think about it. Ingenuity is an ambiguous word for the fast food industry after transforming the "food" landscape with culturally caprice burgers (whats in these "burgers", really consider the possibility unnamed ingreds go into this stuff), fried food and other abhorrently appetizing dishes designed for consumption in order to promote spiritual bondage by blocking the body's chakra system. And why is the food industry constantly augmenting their food items? Double Bacon...No...Make it quadruple. Ranch? NO! Chipoltle Bacon Ranch with Onion Straws and White Chedder for an additional 79 cents. I say BOOO to the fast food's glowingly obtuse vision for what food should be.

Well, you know... its not really food, que?

I agree.
Comfort food to me is something I cook myself, know what has gone into it, and indulge without remorse. Even my desserts.
Fast food is NOT my idea of comfort food.
The media has certainly distorted the younger generation's perception of what "food" in general really is. SMH
Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Master
I don't believe the so called ''older generations'' are any better when it comes to food. It is the older generations that grew up with the so called ''green revolution'' in agriculture in the 1960/70s, the same revolution that made the rise of fast food possible. The older generations were also told throughout most of their lives that sugar wasn't dangerous and that a glass of milk a day would keep the doctor at bay.

The days where we could look to older people in general as ''wise sages'' are a long, very long time ago. I've little doubt that many young people of today live healthier than previous generations .. less drinking and smoking, more exercising, and more information about the dangers of too much sugar, salt, etc.

Any post WWII generation grew up mostly on supermarket food. Gardening and growing food became less and less popular post WWII.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Master

I had dinner on the table every night, 24/7/365 when I had my kids still at home back in the 70's and 80's. Home made food. Going out to dinner was a treat.

My kids raised their kids on fast/junk food. My daughter would pick up her daughter from school and go to the drive-thru on the way home and whatever fast food joint she wanted every day.

Altair, gardening was a must-do back then. So being able to buy food in the grocery store after the war was much appreciated. But even back then the food was nutritious. Not anymore. The soils are depleted, and pesticides are on the rise because all the bugs and weeds are becoming resistant to the chemicals.

Our organic produce section in our grocery store has grown the past decade because of the demand for pure foods. People are becoming aware but it's not just the younger generations.

Lastly, with all the stuff they put in our foods, food allergies are rising at an alarming rate and many must eat nothing but pure organic foods.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_1
So keep doing this for the rest of your life!

Definitely. All about moderation. I love to cook, love to eat, and most of all, love to train. May i continue to be blessed to do all that i love to do.

So if i want to give someone love. All i have to do is give them brownies. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Just look at what is on your plate.

*flashback* Mmmm yummy.