Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 13-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Seeker

how do you know who you are channeling?

I'm fairly new at this. I thought I was channeling from God, and then a spirit, which was unmistakeably not God, wrote something through me. It was a little unnerving.
Old 15-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Master
Hi,

There are ways to know who or what you are channeling. In my view, it is by examining the content of what you bring in as information.

Now you logical brain does not like that concept. Why should you be responsible for what you choose to believe is valid? Yet that is the way in works as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Ascender
Hi chasinglight! I agree with John that content is a way to know who is speaking. Many times I tried channeling and the content was off and I knew that my source wasn't good. I would also like to add there is another way too that I know of that can also strengthen the connection to the being(s) you are trying to channel.

Basically everyone I have encountered has a particular energy signature. It is something that can be felt. If you can feel the energy signature of who is talking then that helps a lot. When I focus on the energy signature of who is talking it also helps to secure the connection. Energy signatures are interesting in that it seems that people pick up on them without even knowing through out their lives. So if you wanted to develop the sense for energy signatures I recommend an exercise like this. First think of someone you know well. Think of being around them and what it feels like. Then clear your mind and try again with someone else and how it feels to be around them. Go back to the original person and see if you can feel a difference. Add more people in if you want and see if there's a difference in a 3rd person or a 4th etc. I've noticed that everyone has a unique energy signature. If you can get a sense of this then use it on who is sending you information so you'll know who is talking. This doesn't tell you if they are telling the truth or not but it does help with consistency and help get a feel if you can trust them or not. Along with content, sensing energy signatures helps to know the validity of those sending information.
Old 16-11-2015, 03:25 AM
Seeker

Thanks, that helps
Old 16-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Deactivated Account

a related question .....

chasinglight, when you started to channel, did you just open up to whoever ? or did you specifically request someone to channel ?

not sure if it is possible to request someone specific, but wouldn't it be recommended over just letting whoever wants to speak, speak ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Administrator
The best way to recognise who you are channeling is by their energy,meditation would help also asking your guide only to direct spirit from the light to channnel,you should have absolute trust in your guide,so allow him to direct spirit through.
you can request a particular person to come through but you can not demand,

Namaste
Old 16-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The best way to recognise who you are channeling is by their energy,meditation would help also asking your guide only to direct spirit from the light to channnel,you should have absolute trust in your guide,so allow him to direct spirit through.
you can request a particular person to come through but you can not demand,

Namaste

I never demand

not to be dense here, but when asking my guide " to direct spirit from light to channel " ......who is spirit ? anyone that wants to speak to me ?

it is like I am taking my chances on who I am channeling ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Ascender
You can reach out to a particular spirit. If already familiar with them you just think of their energy and then reach out to it. If you are new to channelling it would be prudent to remain within the confines of the soul. Reach upward and connect to your soul or higher self. Past lives are reached through the soul and can also be channelled. Practise this way until you are confident of your skills and ability to judge energy signatures. Often one of your past lives will step forward as a guide so you can ask questions and they may teach you these things if it was something you mastered in a previous life. You can then ask their opinion of any outside entities that wish to speak.
Old 16-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Past lives are reached through the soul and can also be channelled. Practise this way until you are confident of your skills and ability to judge energy signatures. Often one of your past lives will step forward as a guide so you can ask questions and they may teach you these things if it was something you mastered in a previous life.

Thank you for your reply dryad. You caught my attention with the mention of the past lives connection possibility. I want to try that.

Expect Miracles !