Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Master
I cannot offer up any sage words of wisdom about Moksha...but Sadhguru caught my attention. Years ago something he said or an article caught my attention. I viewed and/or watched but something did not jive and felt very off. I always listen when I sense feelings like this. So I dismissed him. Later I came across something he wrote and found it somewhat interesting, signed up for emails, yet when the emails came, I ignored them...but only recently, I tried to watch some of his videos and even a couple nights ago sat and watched. I don't know what it is about this guy but I can't relate and honestly don't like him or trust him. People ask him questions and he scoffs or laughs and then goes on and on about stories never really addressing the question but poking fun at the ones asking. He seems like another who let status go to his head.

Maybe it's just me because I can't get into organized religions and I can't get into the mass followers who follow some guru's teachings. Sometimes I think it might be nice to have a teacher but then the teacher is just teaching you what they believe. I just follow my own inner guidance system...it's been interesting to say the least...
Old 04-03-2020, 02:54 AM
MAYA EL

Hes got a kingdom in India its huge so I don't see how all the faim and attention wouldn't get to him .
Old 05-03-2020, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuChangkakoti
I follow Sadhguru and I've watched a lot of his videos that dive into deep spiritual waters. As a result, it became clear to me that the spiritual process is not a process of growth but one of self-annihilation.

The end goal of the entire spiritual process to dismantle the karmic shell that holds your life within it and ultimately merge with the universe. Basically, you cease to exist and are freed from the whole cycle of birth and death. Sadhguru gives a great analogy of a soap bubble bursting which results in the air within it merging and become one with the air all around.

This ultimate annihilation of self that waits at the end of the spiritual journey doesn't sound very attractive to me. In fact, it makes me very scared and reluctant to begin my spiritual journey. I'd rather remain trapped in the cycle of birth and death retaining my consciousness and individual identity than to attain moksha (ultimate liberation/annihilation which I talked about above). Despite this fact, why are so many willingly walking down the spiritual path to attain moksha? Why would anyone want to stop existing altogether? Do I have a wrong idea about it? Is moksha something to be afraid of?

Sorry if it seems like a lot but these are some of the burning questions that have been bothering me lately. I would really really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me with legitimate answers.

Thank You

Its because you are not really ready for the spiritual journey.

you began it because you thought it would boost your ego, and now that you realize it will destroy it you are having different feelings.

sounds like you are just not ready for the journey.

and this isnt a bad thing. it actually opens up quite a lot of life for you and empowers you to do a LOT of things. Being enlightened is probably not one of them, although you always have that potential.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Hes got a kingdom in India its huge so I don't see how all the faim and attention wouldn't get to him .
fame and attention doesn't block bliss and silence. assuming its in a permemant experience. they are not created from the mind or emotions.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-03-2020, 02:23 AM
Deactivated Account
continued. your thinking from the perspective of the mind.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 06-03-2020, 07:35 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
fame and attention doesn't block bliss and silence. assuming its in a permemant experience. they are not created from the mind or emotions.
It will after the desire for things of the spiritual path no longer have your desires and attention. Your always doing what the imagination had set before you to desire
Old 06-03-2020, 08:00 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuChangkakoti
I follow Sadhguru and I've watched a lot of his videos that dive into deep spiritual waters. As a result, it became clear to me that the spiritual process is not a process of growth but one of self-annihilation.

The end goal of the entire spiritual process to dismantle the karmic shell that holds your life within it and ultimately merge with the universe. Basically, you cease to exist and are freed from the whole cycle of birth and death. Sadhguru gives a great analogy of a soap bubble bursting which results in the air within it merging and become one with the air all around.

This ultimate annihilation of self that waits at the end of the spiritual journey doesn't sound very attractive to me. In fact, it makes me very scared and reluctant to begin my spiritual journey. I'd rather remain trapped in the cycle of birth and death retaining my consciousness and individual identity than to attain moksha (ultimate liberation/annihilation which I talked about above). Despite this fact, why are so many willingly walking down the spiritual path to attain moksha? Why would anyone want to stop existing altogether? Do I have a wrong idea about it? Is moksha something to be afraid of?

Sorry if it seems like a lot but these are some of the burning questions that have been bothering me lately. I would really really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me with legitimate answers.

Thank You

Dear DivyanshuChangkakoti,

I won't offer explanations that might help you acquire new understandings or comforting beliefs. For on the path of moksha, all these are eventually just firewood for the inner bonfire.

If it scares you, it scares you. Don't worry too much about it. When you are ready for such a path, none of those fears, however they assail you, will have power to actually stand in your way. The need to know will simply be greater.

In the meantime, please enjoy your life as you can, let the process unfold the way it does and be as thoughtful as you like.

Best wishes
Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
It will after the desire for things of the spiritual path no longer have your desires and attention. Your always doing what the imagination had set before you to desire

well then. your speaking from theory or in the process. if it can be blocked then its only in the process. which is great! but in process. i can say without any doubt. i have never experienced anything that can block it after i reached a certain point. ten plus years ago. and i live like normal people. don't care about spiritual culture. work up to 70hrs a week. and so on.

its very simple. it is stronger than you are. or anyone else. its just got to be to a certain point. then there is no turning back. you cant will it away if you tried. maybe just maybe. but i have seen no evidence of how something can block it. again. after a certain point. its got to become beyond expereinces to always. everythting has the potential to block it in the process. not after its beyond the coming and going of it to permenant.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitodin
Dear DivyanshuChangkakoti,

I won't offer explanations that might help you acquire new understandings or comforting beliefs. For on the path of moksha, all these are eventually just firewood for the inner bonfire.

If it scares you, it scares you. Don't worry too much about it. When you are ready for such a path, none of those fears, however they assail you, will have power to actually stand in your way. The need to know will simply be greater.

In the meantime, please enjoy your life as you can, let the process unfold the way it does and be as thoughtful as you like.

Best wishes

sometimes it is worth being scared off... so that you don't make the same mistakes those before you have proclaimed as 'good'.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitodin
When you are ready for such a path, none of those fears, however they assail you, will have power to actually stand in your way. The need to know will simply be greater.

that is how it is based upon my experience. for me the desire had to outweigh whatever stood between me and it.

Wherever I May Roam