Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Moksha is self-realization - liberation as pointed out by NoOne. That is correct. While we can dispute with choice of words many spiritualists and gurus use , one thing is correct that u have to orient more spiritually in life which eventually also means u have to reduce (not eliminate ) material orientation. Genuine spiritual gurus mean to increase spiritual orientation without asking to eliminate the material orientation . Elimination of material orientation is not possible and hence undesirable & not required.

Sometimes spiritual people / leaders use words inter-changeably / loosely to describe certain phenomenon . You need to see the context / other speeches / writing to derive the real meaning of it.

So I would request you to explore Sadhguru's more speeches / writings to get the real meaning he conveys . I believe you can also raise questions to him for more clarifications/elaborations.

nevermind. misread the post

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 28-02-2020, 10:30 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Sadhguru is almost like a politician in that he has a "Stump Speech", if you will. Listen to any number of his long form interviews and it's all the same points. That being said I'll credit him with pointing out was was right under my nose: Recognizing the space between awareness and mind and its significance. Seems like such a small thing but it's huge and it is right there, under everyone's nose.

Since finding the Vedanta NY YouTube channel I rarely watch Sadhguru videos as the prior covers all of Advaita Vedanta and in good detail.
Old 29-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
That's not what Moksha is about at all.
I prefer the word Self-Realisation or Liberation.

It is realising that only the Self exists and the ego was always an illusion, a creation of the material mind.
Once you go outside "the matrix" the material realm, the illusion of the ego is shattered and
You realise that you were never the ego in the first place, but you were always the Self, which is universal and the
same Self in everyone, just with a slightly different point of view.

The ego cannot die, because it was never born. It is an illusion.
The Self however cannot not be, because it is all there ever was.

Once you get a glimpse of Self-realisation, you will understand.
Wow, you've been around the block a few times!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-02-2020, 11:32 PM
Master

I know nothing of your spiritual path regarding Sadhguru.

But when I read your post this came to mind:

Dissolving the ego or self and becoming one with the Universe is the end goal. That does not mean you have to learn this while reincarnating here on Earth. Eons after you are finished reincarnating here in the 3D (or other planets) and have moved on from one tier to the next to the next in your spiritual development, etc., you will all finally merge with the Universe.

In the meantime enjoy your life and let it all happen naturally.

I'm sure after I finish reincarnating here I don't want to go to some old stuffy monastery/classroom/auditorium and seek oneness with my Creator (because someone says I have to). My goal when I am finished here is to move to the next step and have some fun while I do it. Everything will come in your perfect time.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:14 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I know nothing of your spiritual path regarding Sadhguru.

But when I read your post this came to mind:

Dissolving the ego or self and becoming one with the Universe is the end goal. That does not mean you have to learn this while reincarnating here on Earth. Eons after you are finished reincarnating here in the 3D (or other planets) and have moved on from one tier to the next to the next in your spiritual development, etc., you will all finally merge with the Universe.

In the meantime enjoy your life and let it all happen naturally.

I'm sure after I finish reincarnating here I don't want to go to some old stuffy monastery/classroom/auditorium and seek oneness with my Creator (because someone says I have to). My goal when I am finished here is to move to the next step and have some fun while I do it. Everything will come in your perfect time.

That's your concept of the end goal but not the fundamental purpose or goal for mankind /people.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
That's your concept of the end goal but not the fundamental purpose or goal for mankind /people.

All paths lead to the same finish line.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Master

paths to moksha

Quote:

Though paths may lead to same goal , the speed and ease with which u reach the finish line differs substantially and that is big difference.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The choices as I now see them and in their starkest terms.

1) The small self, the ego-self, the self of body-mind with all it's cravings and aversions is real and when it expires that's it. Death exerts its hold and the closer to death the tighter its grip.

2) The small self, the ego-self, the self of body-mind with all it's cravings and aversions is not the ultimate reality of your being. Moksha reveals your true Self that has always existed, exists right now and will forever exist, even after body-mind is long disintegrated and blown to the four corners by the winds of time. Death has no hold whatsoever because you are before, beyond and after death.

The small self cannot exist without your true Self, whereas your True self exists and in fact is existence, pure being, infinite, absolute and independent of any thing.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:38 AM
Angel1

Sorry I'm late to the party - I only read a couple of posts.
Gee, I'm never going to die or be anihilated --can't even spell it.

It's like I'm a wave...then, I do a back float, face up
with the sun above me and become the Ocean!
Wow!
But, all my masks, and fears and blocks and ego will be annihilated!
I will be free, free, free, and in full Realization, in touch with my real Self that I have always been.

I've touched it already! Moments of being swept away being the Universe...
I'll give you a glimpse of what it was like -
I never talk about it, why I am now, I dunno, ha.
It is ecstasy from head to toe ... all creation, the Universe in an eternal lover's embrace.
Like Radha and Krishna...eternally, forever, constantly ---that is Reality to me - Satchitananda...and that is you. All of It.
Practicing the Presence and focusing the mind on Pure Awareness is where it's at. Ha!
WOW! What a wonderful time to be born...and we chose to be born at this
time of acceleration!
We are ready or we would not have picked this time or be drawn to the guru's we listen to or even this Forum.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-03-2020, 03:48 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
That is an assumption