Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughente
I don't think that the idea of a traumatized soul or consciousness unit is strange at all. We know that psychological traumas exist. In fact, reincarnation research from scholars such as Ian Stevenson and those who have continued his line of research suggests that traumas can continue from one life to another.

True one case I learned about involved a young woman who was an Olympic diver. During one practice she saw a shadow on the water below and she froze up with fear and could not dive anymore. After a lot of therapy and counseling, which did not help her, she happened to try hypnotic regression. Under hypnosis, she remembered a past life where as a young child she jumped off an old dock and just before hitting the water she saw a shadow which turned out to be an alligator and she had a horrible traumatic death.

Almost everybody carries phobias, fears and desires, skills and habits, certain personality traits and on and on from past lives. Some souls stay in the astral world a long time between incarnations and bring less with them. But the souls who have a quick turn around time tend to not erase much from the previous incarnation.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I understand, and you might be right.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? You have a regular dream, that seems like reality to you, with all the physical reality's limitations, when something out of order draws your attention, and you realize you're dreaming. Then, while in that same dream, but now lucid, you can do all kind of things you can't do while in the physical reality: flying, going through walls, making things appear or disappear, .... With no interruption, without waking up, you can now do things you couldn't do before, because you knew you couldn't.

Why wouldn't be the case with this reality too?

Have you ever had a false awakening from a dream, lucid or non-lucid? You're sure you aren't dreaming, although you still do.

I once had a lucid dream which incidentally caused me to have an out-of-body experience in the fashion of an involuntary astral projection.

Listen, I don't deny that the mind is extended and can influence physical reality in some ways. I am a metaphysical idealist and believe consciousness to be fundamental. I simply do not agree with all of the claims of this new cult of "mindset creates reality". The truth is that the typical person cannot change his own physical reality to any significant degree with his mind alone. In this world of dense matter our souls are subject to the constraints of materiality whether we like it or not.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

I can share my insights into coming to this life. I honestly feel that I tried to take my Mom out of the picture so that I was not born. I never bonded with my Mother and I learned that I choose my Father and well she was just the "tool in the tool shed" to bring me in.

It was early in her pregnancy with me that she had a full lung collapse out of no where and for no medical reason. She had emergency surgery and was told the pregnancy most likely would not last. Well last it did. So I tried again when I was being born.

I turned breach in delivery, and she had to have emergency surgery to have me, again was told that I might not make it not might she not make it. It was going to be save the Mother and hope for the best with me.

Well in I came.....and I so from the age of 6 to 16 did not want to be here or be a part of the world around me. I was born wide open to all that we can call psychic and paranormal. Yet I was not given foundations to understand it all. When I was 16 I was going to take my life, a turn of events intervention stopped me. From there I started to understand me more.

I do feel that at time the Soul knows that path its going to walk and does not want to walk that path. I can not blame mine, it was not a fun ride. Age 6 memories of opening that paranormal door. Near death event at the age of 21 where I was given the choice to live or die, in changing the path I was walking along. Loosing my Dad at 25 when I was planning my wedding. (thank God I never married the EX I now have ) as it made separation easy to set me and my kids free. I had 33 years of abuse but I lived through it and grew, and I created 3 wonderful kids.

I too know that it has not been an easy ride for my Soul but I am happy to be here in the land of the living.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
True one case I learned about involved a young woman who was an Olympic diver. During one practice she saw a shadow on the water below and she froze up with fear and could not dive anymore. After a lot of therapy and counseling, which did not help her, she happened to try hypnotic regression. Under hypnosis, she remembered a past life where as a young child she jumped off an old dock and just before hitting the water she saw a shadow which turned out to be an alligator and she had a horrible traumatic death.

Almost everybody carries phobias, fears and desires, skills and habits, certain personality traits and on and on from past lives. Some souls stay in the astral world a long time between incarnations and bring less with them. But the souls who have a quick turn around time tend to not erase much from the previous incarnation.

That's what I mean! There are many cases like this in the reincarnation research literature. The soul carries traumas just as it carries other forms of information.

It is therefore conceivable that a soul could also experience a similar trauma upon incarnating into an incarnation (body or environment) towards which it holds a certain aversion. That is what I suppose has happened in my case. This might be the fundamental cause of my autistic condition or my previously discribed dysfunctionality in this present incarnation or even the root of both of these things.

People often say that we are free to choose our incarnations, but is this really true? How much freedom do we really have? I am skeptical of these claims.

As I have mentioned before, I have no interest in coming back here. This planet is too dystopian for my liking. I think that true awakening is when you realize that this whole Earth reincarnation system and karma are all a deception of low frequency and begin to wish to transcend it completely. I don't think that souls who have attained a high frequency of consciousness could possibly wish to continue to reincarnate ad infinitum into a world of such a low frequency of collective consciousness like this one. I think that a truly enlightened being is repelled by such a frequency, maybe even traumatized.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:18 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughente
That's what I mean! There are many cases like this in the reincarnation research literature. The soul carries traumas just as it carries other forms of information.

It is therefore conceivable that a soul could also experience a similar trauma upon incarnating into an incarnation (body or environment) towards which it holds a certain aversion. That is what I suppose has happened in my case. This might be the fundamental cause of my autistic condition or my previously discribed dysfunctionality in this present incarnation or even the root of both of these things.

People often say that we are free to choose our incarnations, but is this really true? How much freedom do we really have? I am skeptical of these claims.

As I have mentioned before, I have no interest in coming back here. This planet is too dystopian for my liking. I think that true awakening is when you realize that this whole Earth reincarnation system and karma are all a deception of low frequency and begin to wish to transcend it completely. I don't think that souls who have attained a high frequency of consciousness could possibly wish to continue to reincarnate ad infinitum into a world of such a low frequency of collective consciousness like this one. I think that a truly enlightened being is repelled by such a frequency, maybe even traumatized.

In answer to your question on souls choosing to incarnate,I think that i remember that point.(Don't laugh,i'm sure it wasn't a dream ).
I was in a dark place and I remember thinking i want to look after that woman,Next thing,I was falling through darkness into my body to be born,(which is detailed in an earlier thread),That was it,no chance to change your mind.If I knew then what i know now,I would have stayed put
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Master

As far as I understand it shamans believe that part of ones soul can be trapped and to be whole you have to retrieve it. So let's say you experience a birth trauma then part of you might be trapped "back" there until you heals / releases it
Old 18-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Deactivated Account

I think that I now have a better understanding of my condition of disconnectedness from this material reality. The other day when I was in a state of euphoria I intuited that part of my problem is that I have been too spiritually oriented for many years and so I did an internet search concerning "excessive spirituality". Almost immediately I came across a simple yet deeply interesting article by Anna Sayce about when one's spiritual interest becomes unbalanced. According to the author, an individual who is too spiritually oriented at the expense of everyday material matters will typically experience an overdevelopment of the upper chakras and a concurrent underdevelopment or negligence of the lower chakras. In light of this energetic imbalance the subject inevitably loses touch with the material world which surrounds him and might appear disconnected or "barely here" to others. Needless to say, this abnormality can also cause a lot of dysfunctionality. People can even end up going crazy and committing suicide due to this. What interested me the most was that the author explained that this kind of imbalance of the development of the chakras usually occurs when one immerses himself in spirituality in an obsessive manner as a form of escapism from the miseries of a material life of great dissatisfaction or when one has experienced a significant trauma.

I can relate to this description. Indeed, the other shaman told me upon meeting her that only my upper chakras were developed whereas my lower chakras were underdeveloped and disconnected.

The truth is that in my late teens and early twenties I came to the stark realization that my material life was extremely painful and empty. I perceived this present incarnation as totally hellish.

First of all, I found myself so limited by my autistic condition which had just received a formal diagnosis. I was largly unable to live a normal life or enjoy a fulfilling social life due to my social impairment. Relationships were out of the question.

On top of that, I have always held an instinctive aversion towards the culture into which I was born. I have never been compatible with this place, its people, its customs or its national spirit. I feel that I belong to a different ethnic soul group and have incarnated into one which is incompatible with the nature of my soul. Therefore, I have always been extremely dissatisfied with this present incarnation and even more disconnected than a regular autistic person.

Also, upon becoming an adult, I began to realize that for most people life does not consist of any meaningful freedom but merely a bleak existence of relentless economic slavery under the system of the economic elite. In other words a stark realization that life in this bizarre world is objectively miserable for the most part.

I had always had some interest in spiritual matters and the paranormal but now at this point of my life I began to shut myself off from the material world and immerse myself almost solely in intellectual and esoteric pursuits. I would endlessly study philosophy, metaphysics and occultism. I lived mostly in the realm of ideas as opposed to the realm of matter. I even gave up my martial arts training in order to immerse myself more in the realm of the immaterial. Before long it became evident to me that I hated materiality. I no longer felt comfortable here. I much preferred activities associated with intellect and spirit. All of this was to escape from my unbearable material life of autism and social disconnectedness.

In hindsight, I know full well that I became extremely unbalanced because of this excessive spirituality. Not only did I become increasingly depressed and mentally unstable but I also could barely function in the material world. What ensued was constant suicide ideation. This lack of balance can really screw a person up.

I believe, as I have previously mentioned, that I never really wanted this present incarnation. I suspect that I was either forced into it or persuaded to come here accepting it reluctantly. Despising this incarnation, I have always had escapist tendencies. Dangerously unbalanced spirituality was the end result.

In recent years I have begun to regain some balance with materiality despite my inability to love this incarnation. I have resumed my martial arts training and fitness training. If I had not done this I would have committed suicide.

Having understood my problem a little more, I am thinking about living a more materialistic lifestyle for a determined period of time. I feel that I have to train myself to appreciate materiality once again.
Old 22-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Master

I have hated incarnating for many lifetimes. The frustration I feel when I can't remember who I am each time and have to learn yet again who I am frustrates me. But I continue coming back over and over because it is the fastest way to grow.

This life was no different. Like Lynn, I had a really rough time early in my life. But I succeeded to conquer it later in life and heal. The deal in this lifetime I made was to throw everything at me including the kitchen sink but that when I got through it that it would be my very last incarnation here. Now I'm 66 years old, and in not-so-good but not-to-bad health and looking forward to finishing up this lifetime and moving on.

Some souls enjoy incarnating. Especially when they are young. But as the lifetimes pile up and the lessons get harder and harder the joy goes out of it for some of us.
Old 25-12-2019, 03:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I have hated incarnating for many lifetimes. The frustration I feel when I can't remember who I am each time and have to learn yet again who I am frustrates me. But I continue coming back over and over because it is the fastest way to grow.

This life was no different. Like Lynn, I had a really rough time early in my life. But I succeeded to conquer it later in life and heal. The deal in this lifetime I made was to throw everything at me including the kitchen sink but that when I got through it that it would be my very last incarnation here. Now I'm 66 years old, and in not-so-good but not-to-bad health and looking forward to finishing up this lifetime and moving on.

Some souls enjoy incarnating. Especially when they are young. But as the lifetimes pile up and the lessons get harder and harder the joy goes out of it for some of us.

I personally perceive that all of these "lessons" are bogus. So many incarnations of repeated misery and impotence and to learn what exactly?

Only a crazy person could ever believe that a lifetime of suffering from autism or some other debilitating condition could result in any meaningful form of spiritual growth. These impediments do not result in spiritual growth at all. They only prevent one from experiencing material life to the full and rob us of opportunities to evolve. But many "New Age" types insist that these same impediments must befall us for a reason and that this reason must necessarily be related to our personal advancement. They are unable to accept anything else.

I too was into all of this "New Age" stuff in the early 2010s. I believed in the game of karma and the idea of these absurd incarnations as lessons for spiritual growth. However, this concept of spirituality never seemed wholly right to me. It always struck me as somewhat contrived and disempowering. In later years I came across various Gnostic materials and then Enkism which spoke of this planetary incarnation system as a prison matrix run by negative entities and impostor deities and based on deceptive doctrines such as karmic debt and redemption. This line of thought made much more sense to me. For anybody with even remotely elevated consciousness this world is nothing short of a veritable dystopia and madhouse of the worst manifestations of dysfunctionality. I seriously doubt that many people actually experience any true or tangible form of spiritual growth here. In fact I observe that most people only regress in this unnatural system having been increasingly corrupted by its dystopian ideologies and its perverse ways. I sure as hell don't trust any beings on the other side no matter how "angelic" they appear to be. I've had enough of the "New Age" nonsense and don't drink the kool-aid anymore.

Don't count on any "deal" with these entities with regard to this being your final incarnation. They will always find another reason to send you back here whether it be unfinish karma or insufficient performance in this present "lesson" or the need for some other "lesson".

I appreciate your testimony, I really do, but the idea that all of this absurd suffering and constant disempowerment is for our own evolution is quite frankly the height of folly. The more I elevate my own level of consciousness the more this becomes apparant to me. I am tired of all of these religious sects and spiritual currents with their passive and servile doctrines. I see the pattern already. It is about time that we take a rebellious stance and refuse to cooperate with this abusive and unjust system. This is the only way through which we can achieve liberation. In my opinion, the disempowered people who justify their own horrendous lives on this planet with notions such as karma and lifeplans aimed at spiritual growth are those who are the unenlightened ones. True enlightenment (i.e., the attainment of a high level of consciousness) results in one seeing the absurdity of this arrangement and wishing to rebel against it and transcend its constraints.

On a personal level, I have come to the depressing conclusion that there is no hope with regard to my autistic condition and that suicide is the only way out. However, at the same time I feel obligated to continue with this incarnation because I know that certain family members and friends would not be able to cope with my suicidal departure.
Old 25-12-2019, 09:37 AM
hazada guess

I have just read the above post with interest.First of all,Happy Christmas all.
The post raises some excellent points that I can relate to.While I have respect for everything Linen53 posts,I have to agree with Lughente on a lot of points.
At times this world does seem like a prison with all its trials and tribulations and I don't really see anyone wanting to incarnate into a life of misery for*lesson's*.
I myself would have shuffled off this mortal planet ages ago if it wasn't for commitments which I am not prepared to forfeit. Surely something is wrong with the system with so many folk feeling depressed and unhappy with life.There has got to be an answer,but I can't find it.
Anyway,enough of my rant,i'll leave you all to have a wonderful day and don't forget who's birthday we're celebrating.Best wishes for the new year too.