Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Seeker

Coming back to spirituality, need some prayers and strength

Hi everyone!

I was a very spiritual person in my 20s, but 5 years ago my life made some very drastic shifts and my focus moved from the spiritual to the physical in a big way. I have tried to hold on to some of my spiritual practices (Tai Chi, Meditation, Energy, Astrology, etc) but every time I have tried I just felt these practices as an echo of a memory, and I felt that this wasn't the time or the place. I feel like the most spiritual thing I could do would be to let go of spirituality and let myself "go with the flow" by drifting into materialism for a while.

Now, I feel like I'm shifting back towards spirituality... like that side of myself is finally ready to re-emerge, but I don't know if this is going to be a temporary spike, or a permanent reawakening.

Does anyone have some advice or affirmations for me?

Thanks in advance :)
Old 09-02-2020, 08:53 PM
Experiencer
Well, you are spiritual in everything you do or you did, so you were spiritual anyway, but in a way, that is not so obvious than it is like when you are talking or writing about it like now.
So, what do you actually want to do?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frivolimous
Hi everyone!

I was a very spiritual person in my 20s, but 5 years ago my life made some very drastic shifts and my focus moved from the spiritual to the physical in a big way. I have tried to hold on to some of my spiritual practices (Tai Chi, Meditation, Energy, Astrology, etc) but every time I have tried I just felt these practices as an echo of a memory, and I felt that this wasn't the time or the place. I feel like the most spiritual thing I could do would be to let go of spirituality and let myself "go with the flow" by drifting into materialism for a while.

Now, I feel like I'm shifting back towards spirituality... like that side of myself is finally ready to re-emerge, but I don't know if this is going to be a temporary spike, or a permanent reawakening.

Welcome back!

Well, the best advice I can give you is to meditate, you will know instantly if you are "called" again into the spiritual, but don't meditate expecting for something to happen, just meditate! Right now I am experiencing a low spiritual activity because I am too focused on the physical, I just freed myself of depression thanks to one year of almost daily meditation and using affirmations so I am enjoying this new me, which is actually the old me, just right before being depressed!

For me spirituality is like the salt in food, the feed being our world, it changes everything, you understand the the truth is so much bigger and so much more beautiful!
Old 09-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Seeker

Thanks guys!

mihael: Thank you very much, I'll definitely explore that perspective. I don't know what I actually want to do, maybe I'll find out?

ThatMan: You're absolutely right, I think I'll start getting back into regular meditation. That's what helped me awaken the first time, so it definitely makes sense the turn to Meditation now.

And congratulations of freeing yourself from depression! That must have been quite a journey!
Old 09-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Administrator
We are all spiritual but sometimes Life gets in the way so we take a break.
most people have done it,
you follow the path you are meant to follow. if the time feels right then it probably is

Namaste
Old 10-02-2020, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We are all spiritual but sometimes Life gets in the way so we take a break.
most people have done it,
you follow the path you are meant to follow. if the time feels right then it probably is

This makes sense. Life is cyclic. There are times when we go within to explore the spiritual, there are times when our attention needs to deal with the external stuff. We have a physical body - we cannot ignore the demands of our physical existence.

I said that life is cyclic, but cycles over time form a spiral. When our focus returns to the spiritual we may find that we are on a higher turn of the spiral compared with our previous spiritual period.

Will this shift back to spirituality be permanent or temporary? Probably temporary, but if we later move back into the material side of things we may bring more spiritual awareness into that state, as this too will be on a higher turn of the spiral.

Hope that makes some sense.

Peace
Old 10-02-2020, 02:01 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Your post brings to mind one of my favorite stories. If you have not read it, then my advice is to do so. Other then that, perhaps go swimming.

A few quotes for you.

“I shall no longer be instructed by the Yoga Veda or the Aharva Veda, or the ascetics, or any other doctrine whatsoever. I shall learn from myself, be a pupil of myself; I shall get to know myself, the mystery of Siddhartha." He looked around as if he were seeing the world for the first time.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

“I have had to experience so much stupidity, so many vices, so much error, so much nausea, disillusionment and sorrow, just in order to become a child again and begin anew. I had to experience despair, I had to sink to the greatest mental depths, to thoughts of suicide, in order to experience grace.”

“The river is everywhere.”
― Herman Hesse, Siddhartha

And one more for @iamthat

“We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.”
Old 10-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I am not this physical form, I am a spiritual being of light, never born, never dying, I am eternal and immortal.

Positive affirmation, repeat in your mind as and when you notice negative thoughts. Light and peace.

Vibutti