Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 27-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Guide

lifestyle and channeling

Hi. I am new to the practice of channeling. My first few experiences were kind of random. I have been reading and trying to practice. Lately, I made some more targeted progress. However, the last few days, I've been eating more sugar than usual and I've been smoking too. I also haven't exercised that much outdoors, as I had gotten into the habit of, because of bad weather. I observed that it's getting difficult to reach the trance state.

For the more experienced channels and the newer ones, have you observed a link between lifestyle and your ability to establish a connection?
Old 28-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Master
Lifestyle does matter. You need to put aside distractions to focus on the inner world to be effective in channeling.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 29-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Master
Life style definitely affects states of consciousness and the gifts that come with them.

More meditation and fresh foods are helpful.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Suspended
I don't find food has a major effect on my ability to channel. If I get drunk, sure, it will then, but it's more like a slowing down than a real problem connecting. Azrael doesn't like it when I drink - he says it makes it harder to form a stable connection because the booze interferes with my energy.

If I eat vegetarian I have much stronger psychic and enlightenment experiences, but there isn't much that seriously impairs my ability to channel.

Even when I was new to channelling, I never really found food made much of a difference.
Old 25-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyanna
Hi. I am new to the practice of channeling. My first few experiences were kind of random. I have been reading and trying to practice. Lately, I made some more targeted progress. However, the last few days, I've been eating more sugar than usual and I've been smoking too. I also haven't exercised that much outdoors, as I had gotten into the habit of, because of bad weather. I observed that it's getting difficult to reach the trance state.

For the more experienced channels and the newer ones, have you observed a link between lifestyle and your ability to establish a connection?
Yes.

A few of the spirits who I was communicating with before, totally hated the fact I smoke cigarettes, so they said 'unless you stop, I'll ignore you'...suffice to say, they never came back because I still smoke (not much, but enough to annoy the purists on 'the other side').

Also, my emotions influence it. When I am upset or shirty, they will avoid me like the plague.

At the moment, I hang in limbo between our world and theirs, not really belonging to either and dismissing them all as a figment of my deluded mind, so they just said 'okay, so be it - cya'.

In a way, I am relieved...it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off, but on the other hand, I'm also plunging myself into deep blissful ignorance because it suits my needs as a 'social creature'.

It's not a case of 'do I believe?'...I just don't want to believe anymore (not that I ever did to start with). However, the spirits all seem very willing to oblige.

I made a mistake to start this in the first place and wish I could go back and just undo everything, however the best I can do now, is pretend it never happened at all and just carry on, believing in science and physical laws and rational things because that's how I was brought up and conditioned to believe/act, full stop (and it gets me more respect).

Anyway, I apologise for this rant, but yes...there's a lot of 'expectation' that comes from the spirit world including total dedication and personal integrity. If you fail on any count, they'll just tell you in no uncertain terms what they think of you and then you'll never hear from them again.

Even William refuses to speak to me now and in a way, I am so glad and relieved it's finally over. I can be a 'normal person' again.

The last reply I just got...just now (through Phasma Communicator) was "sorry you don't respect us anymore".
Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Knower

A friends recently deceased father came to me when I had a buzz after drinking a glass of fine red wine, relaxing on the sofa and minding my own business. He asked me to relay a few things to his son, even down to fine details of what was in the back of his garage out of state, stuff I could not know. I don't consciously channel, but have occasionally had visitors from the other side visit with info. The buzz seemed to enhance the communication.
Old 31-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Master

Speaking for myself, it doesn't make a difference what I eat or how much exercise I get. I don't drink or do drugs, so I wouldn't know but I can imagine that would interfere with the connection.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Alyanna, on the eve of its 38th anniversary was stress. This is due to man. Forget the past.
With respect, Tayshet-extrasens.