Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 15-01-2011, 11:11 PM
shifty123

Pendulums

As stated I'm a newcomer to the pendulum and its many uses. I am interested in any tips on understanding how to actually use it.I'm fairly comfortable with the way it swings and am beginning to understand how it reads my energy field.

Can I also use it to check other peoples energy fields?

I've read thathow the pendulum swings from left to right also depends on wether your a male or female is that corrrect?

If I'm reading a females energy would the pendulum swing the same way that it would for me or for the female?
Old 18-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Experiencer
"Rule Of Thumb"

One must never ask a pendulum a question about death.
Always keep your questions to a yes or no answer.

True, Pendulums are male of female and can have names associated to/with them.
Cleansing is very important.. do not cleans with any type of salt based product and keep your pendulums out of direct sunlight as with all your minerals & crystals.
Pendulums can be used to check energies and heal if attuned correctly and used properly.
Pendulums can detect what the user/s are having pain and focus energies away or toward the location.
Be aware that if you have a double pendulum, One part could be male while the other female.. so make sure both are in agreement with the statements or question one gives them.
As for the direction the pendulum would swing, it works differently for each person. But typically forward is yes and backward is no. On must start off by asking the pendulum "can I have a yes", "may I have a yes" and so forth in order to determine the pendulums mood of the day.
Old 18-01-2011, 11:17 PM
AngelBreeze

Hi Stogey

As I am very adept at using the pendulum and have used it ever since I was a child, I can offer some information on pendulum usage.

As to your question about reading another person's energy field, yes of course that can be done. There are many famous pendulists (the technical term for one who uses the pendulum for readings) who give others readings in this manner. There are, of course, some things to take into consideration before doing a reading. Precautions if you will.

A pendulum does not necessarily have to only swing from right to left.There are other directions the pendulum can swing to show a person's gender. For instance, with a female, the pendulum can be trained to respond by going around in a circle while for a male, it can swing back and forth. It is in the training of your pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer that holds the key. The pendulum, you must remember, does not train you, you train it and then it follows the energetic information that it picks up that you are seeking answers to.

If there is something in particular you would like to ask concerning this subject matter, feel free to ask. There are more advanced items that I could get into but if you are a beginner then sticking to the basics is always a good first step. Besides, I think there is a policy here about being an instructor or mentor and I'm not sure just how far one can go with it in explaining subject matter to others and I do not wish to violate it so I'm sure you understand.
Old 21-01-2011, 11:08 PM
rainbowspirit

Hi.

I hope you're enjoying and getting on ok with your pendulum.

The first thing I really learnt about a pendulum is how you have to ask the right question. The classic being when someone asks a pendulum 'will this lady have a baby boy?' over a pregnant woman, and gets a 'yes' answer ... but didn't add in the question 'this pregnancy?'
Old 24-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfTheStone
"Rule Of Thumb"

One must never ask a pendulum a question about death.
Always keep your questions to a yes or no answer.

WizardOfTheStone ~

and why may I ask " One must never ask a pendulum a question about death " ?

I did and nothing happened to me, and my pendulum still speaks to me.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
A pendulum does not necessarily have to only swing from right to left.There are other directions the pendulum can swing to show a person's gender. For instance, with a female, the pendulum can be trained to respond by going around in a circle while for a male, it can swing back and forth. It is in the training of your pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer that holds the key. The pendulum, you must remember, does not train you, you train it and then it follows the energetic information that it picks up that you are seeking answers to.

hi AngelBreeze,

Interesting to read about the pendulum swinging in different directions to show a person's gender , I never knew this. I am not quite sure I am understanding this, or the reasoning for this ?

What is the purpose in the pendulum swinging differently to show a person's gender ? I know who I am , and if I am asking questions for a male friend, does it matter to the pendulum ?

And another question for you please, regarding the training of the pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer ~ why do we need/ want to do this ?

I always thought the pendulum chose the direction to swing in for the answer it is giving. When I work with my pendulum, I start by asking it two questions, a definite, I already know the answer is yes question, to see how it will be swinging for a yes.... and I ask a definite, I already know the answer is a no question, to see how it swings for a no.

And for almost the entire time I have worked with my pendulum which is approx a mere year or so, not sure exactly and I don't work with it on a daily basis ....I had never gotten a maybe answer. One day the pendulum was swinging in a circle, not a yes answer (which for me the pendulum swings to and away from me, in front of me ) and not a no answer ( which for me the pendulum swings side to side ) ..... so I asked it was the swinging in a circle an answer for maybe ? and I got a yes answer.

There have also been times when I get no answer at all - the pendulum stays still, not swinging at all.

If it makes things easier, instead of re- copying my entire post, you can just answer the questions in order posted .
Thanks much, in advance for your replies !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 24-01-2011, 06:59 AM
SoaringSpirit

I don't see why it is necessary to know which way a pendulum swings for male or female when you can just ask the question and get a yes or no answer.....

I 'program' my pendulum because that way I always know how it swings for different answers and the swings never differ.
Old 25-01-2011, 05:29 AM
PixieWillow

Hi, there are many ways I use my pendulum, I use it during crystal healings to check the chakras before and after the healing, I use it for scrying and I also use it to ask certain questions. The way I do it is firstly I ground & protect myself with white light then I ask it to show me which way it spins for no, which way for yes & which way for maybe/neutral, then I ask it questions I want to know.
Old 26-01-2011, 01:46 AM
amys

be careful with which one you choose and how you use it. I have found them to be very particular and to be vry sensitive to feelings. I have had two explode
Old 26-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Deactivated Account

hi amys,

Could you explain a little bit more about the pendulums exploding ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !