Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
4everLove

the mind set

Hello Everyone!

I have never had reiki or energy work done, BUT I am so interested in it! I actually want to gear my career path in the metaphysical world. I really need to start by having reiki done to me to understand it even more, and later take courses and classes.

Anyway, I was wondering what type of mind frame you have to have to perform it. People say it is easy to do and anyone can do it. Is it quieting the mind and anything else?

peace and love,

4everlove
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
PATHVISION

You should go to youtube and watch a couple videos about it. Also pick up a couple books on it so you can see all the positive things that can come from Reiki. What is your mind frame from the point of view, as to why you want to experience it?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Master

My suggestion would be to have a reiki treatment - as you suggest.

I am reiki 1 but I'm severely out of practise and I would probably re-do the course if I was to further the work and before doing the reiki 2, it feels a bit lame to get the attunement and not practice.

The frame of mind that I had when I did do reiki was to be as blank as possible. You are channelling the energy of the universe and to keep your thoughts as clear as possible is really important so you don't bring any of your own thoughts and projection into it.

Finally I have had reiki where I have felt nothing and reiki where I have been blown away - the first reiki I had I sobbed, the lady wasn't able to finish. I was traumatised for days. She was lovely this lady and didn't judge me or anything, she made it very ok to be as I was. But it is a strong power reiki is, don't underestimate itl
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle

Finally I have had reiki where I have felt nothing and reiki where I have been blown away - the first reiki I had I sobbed, the lady wasn't able to finish. I was traumatised for days. She was lovely this lady and didn't judge me or anything, she made it very ok to be as I was. But it is a strong power reiki is, don't underestimate itl

I totally agree, I steer clear of reiki as it makes me very uncomfortable. I am also uncomfortable about the way it can be taught, I think there are quite a few people out there who are attuned but have very few ethics on when and where it should be used!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 AM
4everLove

these are all such interesting posts! thanks! I think I need to learn to meditate because my mind is all over the place and my thoughts are always going. I need to quiet the thing down lol.

But yes I watched a few videos!

And did you cry because it released emotions or something different?

Thanks all!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Master

I have no idea why I cried! But I sobbed absolutely uncontrollably and to make things worse, I was on a yoga holiday, first yoga ever and that also releases emotions! So, I sobbed through the remaining yoga sessions.

I felt my heart chakra (i can see it was the heart) just welling up.

The other thing was I spent the rest of the holiday lamenting my mother's behaviour to me, so I'm sure the two things were connected.

I haven't and won't ever wholly attach to what it was - but it was some form of the little girl in me that was so inherently sad.

There are other factors that can be considered, I was on holiday so relaxed and had time to think, I was in Egypt and I have a great past life attachment to that place and I was in a group of 3 (somewhat representing the dynamics of my siblings - although they were basically nice girls).
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM
sunny shine

You are already determined to pursue Reiki, thats is enough in itself. In my experience thats how my calling to learn came through.